TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

TLA need to find a way to put / keep the value in the Predictors.

Predictors sell for near on $100 at time of release and then selling with the redeemed card (limited to only 50) you would be lucky to get $50.....

How does this work?

It doesn’t . The options in this space are really quite endless.

Firstly, make every single Predictor redeemable either in a set of 16 or individually for the premiers, not just 50.

Secondly, don’t individually number the predictors if you can’t natch those numbers with the redeemed cards.

Thirdly, I would stop premiership predictors to 1:72 or 1:108, leave them unnumbered. I would add in a Dally M Predictor, 1:6 boxes, numbered and redeemable for a Dally M
Signature card.

If you look at the prices from the case breaks for each team,i think it has to be a player from the teams i mentioned.

Mark Graham was North Sydney and NZ so he would be hard to reflect in the pricing.

My guesses are ET or Wayne Pearce. ET debuted in the early 80’s but played most of the 90’s. You could argue that Wayne Pearce is more of a 80’s player and is HOF.

The Knights having a higher price is curious. The only player who could be a Legend is Paul Harragon. He is not HOF but will be one day. Maybe Ponga is the Authentic? His signature is sought after and pricey.

Yes the numbering is really annoying and such a simple fix as you suggest.

I do like the Dally M Predictor redemption idea as well, even extended down to player and position. This "Predictor" theme could almost be its own separate release.

Looking at the prices for team busts; my guess is there isn't a 2nd Legend Signature card this year.
Never thought of that.But Michael/diggazs said there were 2 when he was doing a break there other night.Might be trying to confuse me.Thats not hard to do.Do you think TLA will still redeem a auto if the redemption card is about a month passed the expiry date.

I think given some of their long delays recently they should be pretty sympathetic to accepting a late redemption.

Never thought of that.But Michael/diggazs said there were 2 when he was doing a break there other night.Might be trying to confuse me.Thats not hard to do.Do you think TLA will still redeem a auto if the redemption card is about a month passed the expiry date.

Expiry date on redemptions seems to be a rough guide. If they still have the card I am sure they will
Redeem.

Agreed, absolute gem of a player. If working off the fact that all previous legends are HOF members, it has to be ET as the only other Sharks legend in the HOF is the late Steve Rogers.
Agreed, absolute gem of a player. If working off the fact that all previous legends are HOF members, it has to be ET as the only other Sharks legend in the HOF is the late Steve Rogers.
i like.

I’m tipping Mark Graham as the other Legends. Or Tommy Raudonikis but moneys on Mark
Agree, Mark Graham for the other legend, no other team has a high price like the raiders and given Graham played for the norths which no longer exist, it fits with the breaks where the second legend is going to be randomised between all the teams. Plus all the other signatures inductees from the glory release have had a legends card, he is the last one. He also fits with the Hall of fame description as well.

Last edited:
Having regard to previous legends, namely Menzies (2016), Tallis & Buderus (2017), these guys are now HOF but weren’t at the time of their respective cards, this does open up the chance for a non HOF player...

I have also noticed that most years, there has been a back and a forward (2017 and 2019 are the exceptions). I think this is more coincidence though.

Its not sport any more, its business.

My biggest gripe is that the Panthers being a "feeder/development club" we get no benefit at all from players the club has developed when they move to other teams.

I think that there should be much greater salary cap incentives for teams that develop players.

Anyway, is it the 19th yet? I want to see some cards!
Sharks?? We are a feeder/development club ourselves. We are building, we had some go but kept most

Sharks?? We are a feeder/development club ourselves. We are building, we had some go but kept most
Quite a few of our juniors that leave also seem to be injury prone (eg Jayden Brailey) or they immediately come back after playing no games whatsoever (Scott Sorensen).

Back
Top Bottom