TLA NRL Power Play Extreme 2017 (Official Thread)

Here is another update from Terry at TLA

I thought it might be timely to send out a procedure to everyone when it comes to redeeming the 5 NRL Xtreme 2017 autograph cards from TLA

- 15 empty Xtreme 2017 wrappers should be sent to TLA via registered post: TLA suite 101 to 103 / 22 to 36 Mountain Street Ultimo 2007 NSW

- Collectors can request the cards they would like to redeem, however it is at TLA’s sole discretion which cards are sent back to the collectors.

- Each redemption entry is limited to 75 packets allowing the collectors to claim 5 cards per entry submitted to TLA.

- We are keen to see these special cards shared across the collector network and not in the hands of a few collectors, so we ask that everyone respects the process and act in good faith and friendship.

- The product is limited so the offer is only valid while stock lasts

Here is another update from Terry at TLA

I thought it might be timely to send out a procedure to everyone when it comes to redeeming the 5 NRL Xtreme 2017 autograph cards from TLA

- 15 empty Xtreme 2017 wrappers should be sent to TLA via registered post: TLA suite 101 to 103 / 22 to 36 Mountain Street Ultimo 2007 NSW

- Collectors can request the cards they would like to redeem, however it is at TLA’s sole discretion which cards are sent back to the collectors.

- Each redemption entry is limited to 75 packets allowing the collectors to claim 5 cards per entry submitted to TLA.

- We are keen to see these special cards shared across the collector network and not in the hands of a few collectors, so we ask that everyone respects the process and act in good faith and friendship.

- The product is limited so the offer is only valid while stock lasts
That's a bit harsh as there is 6 cards in the set (90 packs worth)

Does anyone like this send in 15 packet redemption process? Why is it for only 5/16 of the auto subset and not all of it? Just seems confused and last minute to me. I suppose those 5 players obviously missed cut off for the production run.

I think those in packs will be more expensive and harder to track down. For me I'd rather send in for it and increase my chance of getting it directly.

Cheers
Ross

Does anyone like this send in 15 packet redemption process? Why is it for only 5/16 of the auto subset and not all of it? Just seems confused and last minute to me. I suppose those 5 players obviously missed cut off for the production run.

I think those in packs will be more expensive and harder to track down. For me I'd rather send in for it and increase my chance of getting it directly.

Cheers
Ross
I'm with you on that one, at worst it will cost you $45 for the packs (15 packs)

Then about $6 registered both ways

That's $57 and you are guaranteed to hit your team where depending on odds you way not even get your team in heaps of packs

What are the odds of the packet variations???

Anyone come by an eels one when they are released I will be keen and should have heaps to trade

If they want to make Power Play a serious card game they need to make the back of all the cards uniform. I understand the idea is to memorise where your cards are but I think kids will find it a little too simple when there's games like the Pokemon TCG that are more complex and therefore more interesting to them.

That being said I wouldn't mind an NRL TCG aimed at a slightly older market, but I don't know if ESP/TLA would ever do that

EDIT: I remember the 2010 or 2011 DT cards having a game that could be played with them, which had an online version too. It was a bit more complex than power play and played more like a footy game I think. It was a while ago so my memory is not the best but I remembered it being fun

Last edited:
A quick question..... Does ESP have anything to do with the production of these cards anymore. How did the process work did TLA take over ESP or just purchase the licence to make the footy cards or is it a combined effort ?

A quick question..... Does ESP have anything to do with the production of these cards anymore. How did the process work did TLA take over ESP or just purchase the licence to make the footy cards or is it a combined effort ?

ESP as a business were acquired by TLA Worldwide. Its the same people just under a different owner.

The one thing to realise is that the trading card side of things is such a small part of their business.....Talent Management/Events Management & Marketing is their bread and butter.

ESP as a business were acquired by TLA Worldwide. Its the same people just under a different owner.

The one thing to realise is that the trading card side of things is such a small part of their business.....Talent Management/Events Management & Marketing is their bread and butter.
Matt, have spoken to a number of dealers regarding the release of the current cards being released, they all say they are being released on the 28th of feb, then distributed for release from that date.
I have seen Daytraderrama and others advertising pre release of these cards.
However 1 dealer seams to have these cards already and is advertising them for sale (sportscollector cards) Robert day.
How can he have them for sale already, if he has not got them is he falsely advertising.

Matt, have spoken to a number of dealers regarding the release of the current cards being released, they all say they are being released on the 28th of feb, then distributed for release from that date.
However 1 dealer seams to have these cards already and is advertising them for sale (sportscollector cards) Robert day.
How can he have them for sale already, if he has not got them is he falsely advertising.

Where is he advertising them for sale?

has them on ebay but as a presale

Sportscollectorcards mentions presale in his description and his estimated delivery dates are from March 29th to april 4th, so i dont think he has stock yet

Generally what happens is that people presell cheap hoping to get early sales to help fund their stock purchases....when/if they cant supply....give a refund......its a nice short term loan to fund them getting stock while dropping the prices (setting the bar) on resale values.

My understanding is that some stock is on its way out to dealers today for Traders at least.

Sportscollectorcards mentions presale in his description and his estimated delivery dates are from March 29th to april 4th, so i dont think he has stock yet
thanks Jaede, I must of skipped over that, might have to get some new glasses.
Matt, thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom