TLA NRL Power Play Extreme 2017 (Official Thread)

I think I just got an Aaron Woods on card auto in this. Card is signed but doesn't say anything on it about being authentic etc etc. Can anybody help?
Due to an error with humdity the authentication stickers weren't put on in production, so you will need to send it in to ESP to get it stickered

to get the hologram sticker you can either attend one of the collector shows they are attending or send it to TLA via registered post: TLA suite 101 to 103 / 22 to 36 Mountain Street Ultimo 2007 NSW

Due to an error with humdity the authentication stickers weren't put on in production, so you will need to send it in to ESP to get it stickered
Seriously was that TLAs official stance "an error with humidity" is it just me or is that one of the funniest things ever?

Perhaps I'm still recovering from last nights festivities.

Ross

Seriously was that TLAs official stance "an error with humidity" is it just me or is that one of the funniest things ever?

Perhaps I'm still recovering from last nights festivities.

Ross
Yeah it was posted by matt on the first page, from TLA

Card Holograms:

This product is produced in Taiwan, at the time of production the humidity made it very difficult to successfully apply the holograms to all of the cards. As a result some of the cards in pack do not have a hologram, collectors can return their cards via registered post to TLA in Sydney and we will happily apply a hologram to those cards. The TLA team will attend as many cards shows as possible this year, we will set up a table at these shows to hologram Extreme 2017 autographed cards that collectors bring to the show or that you might have in stock so we fix this issue. Unfortunately we had to make a call on this last minute to avoid damaging the cards.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

In saying that i can understand where they are coming from, the stickers can slide due to the humidity making the adhesive less tactile on the glossy cards leaving a sticky residue on the card essentially damaging the cards
Ive had a similar problem in the past working in a high humid area, stickers wouldnt stick on certain surfaces and would just slide off

Thing is, did any Xtreme signatures pulled from packets have the hologram attached?

I havent seen or heard of any....which makes me think the humidity thing is unlikely, the fail to sticker them was an oversight by ESP.
It could very well still be a legitimate reason but at least ESP are actually stickering them anyway

But at a cost to the consumer

Costs about $12 registered for just stamps and a registered sticker
Only $8 really. It's recommended you do your return envelope registered too, but they don't force you to. Additionally if you're close enough to their office or at a collector's event while they are it doesn't cost anything.

Interesting:

https://nrlgamecards.com

Powerplay discouts 20% off.

Screen Shot 2017-07-06 at 5.43.37 pm.png

I've heard from a few dealers that sales on 2017 is way down on last year, interesting considering there where signature cards this year!

I've heard from a few dealers that sales on 2017 is way down on last year, interesting considering there where signature cards this year!
if you looked at the collectors here you wouldn't get that idea

I've been a bit out of it in terms of packs at the minute but I would've bought about 20 packs of PP/Xtreme this year, first time i've purchased any packs from the set since 2014 too

I've also bought 2 cases & 2 cases of starter packs. So was surprised when I heard it, hence the 20% discount. They didn't do it last year so over all sales must be down!

im not sure about else where but myself and quite a few others here just about gave up on Traders, i personally busted 12 boxes from 2 newsagents and only got 1 top hit and 8 were identical in regards to inserts (3 the same, another 3 were the same and 2 the same). The guys at the newsagent got a case just for 6 of us, as we local collectors asked for it, they kept it aside for us and we all bought 2 boxes each and they had bought separate boxes they put up on the counter, the case was taped up with normal tape, there was no case card and what we believe as left over boxes from other cases where the hits were found as there are 6 of us here that collected from that case and no one hit anything, i hit the sas from a random pack on the counter from the other newsagent. I realise its a newsagent etc but if they bought a case on our behalf why was it full of left over boxes and not sealed a sealed case? and what happened to the boxes with the hits ?? .....like i said its a newsagent but if we had the same issue here, who else did?? and that could have contributed to why sales are down because the hits have been made even harder to get??? not a whinge just an observation and possible reason ?

Back
Top Bottom