Thunder v Grizzlies 2011 Playoffs Second Round **SPOILERS**

Watching the game and a few highlights here and there but apart from that it isn't very entertaining. Lots of fouls, game hasn't really had a chance to flow yet.

Damn Randolph took over. Durant was a no feature in that one, he'll need to step up if OKC are to take game 7

Mayo finally starts and good things happen! great defense by mayo (4 steals), I could only catch the second half because I had to work. Glad the Grizzlies won this one. Doesnt surprise me that it goes to 7, two very young teams playing hard. (I believe that) this is the first game 7 of 2011 and it should be quite a game!!
I cant wait, go GRIZZLIES!

Yay Game 7! Thunder will never win a game when Durant is struggling, and their point guard finishes with more turnovers than assists. A true point guard would get the teams best scorer involved when he's having an off night. Not try and win it by himself.

z-bo is simply a monster down low. he's so clever, has wonderful footwork, uses pump fakes well, has a nice jab step fake and knows how to position himself to collect a plethora of rebounds. quite amazing really for a guy with his build. i cant say ive ever seen him dunk the ball. everything is a layup close to the rim or a sweet leftie jumper thunder have no answer for him.

having said that, its not likely that durant has another putrid game like that back to back... im tipping the thunder in a close one at home to progress and play the mavs, who will have been sitting and waiting for over 1 week.

z-bo is simply a monster down low. he's so clever, has wonderful footwork, uses pump fakes well, has a nice jab step fake and knows how to position himself to collect a plethora of rebounds. quite amazing really for a guy with his build. i cant say ive ever seen him dunk the ball. everything is a layup close to the rim or a sweet leftie jumper thunder have no answer for him.

having said that, its not likely that durant has another putrid game like that back to back... im tipping the thunder in a close one at home to progress and play the mavs, who will have been sitting and waiting for over 1 week.

I'd love to see the Grizzlies go through just because they are the underdogs. I wonder how they would fare against the Mavericks? Z-BO vs Dirk would be a sick match-up.

Gasol would likely negate Chandler. Conley is probably too quick for Kidd (although Kidd is crafty) and the Grizz have some great perimeter defenders to do work on Terry, JJ, etc.

What are the chances of Grizz going to the Finals if they beat the Thunder???

I'd love to see the Grizzlies go through just because they are the underdogs. I wonder how they would fare against the Mavericks? Z-BO vs Dirk would be a sick match-up.

Gasol would likely negate Chandler. Conley is probably too quick for Kidd (although Kidd is crafty) and the Grizz have some great perimeter defenders to do work on Terry, JJ, etc.

What are the chances of Grizz going to the Finals if they beat the Thunder???

dallas have three things going for them:
- very hungry as theyve never won a championship
- they are exceptionally deep at nearly all positions
- are in a serious groove right now, even with a week layoff... plus they wont let another melt down happen like in 2006 finals

these are the 3 things that i believe will get them over the line if they play griz... zbo and dirk will basically cancel each other out as i dont believe either team has a match for either of those guys. dirk can play zbo because he is long and obviously taller but zbo will use his wits and take him away from the basket where dirk isnt comfortable defending or chandler can play him which would mean a quicker and more agile guy on him so zbo would then be trying to use his strength advantage on him down low... zbo is just playing with a new found belief that he really belongs in the big time during the crunch time of the season - has been very difficult to stop because he is also a very good offensive rebounder, getting plenty of out backs... gasol also has been scoring and rebounding at an increased rate compared to the regular season, giving them a very tough 1-2 punch to defend

the counter arguement is that gasol and zbo can simply not defend dirk outside and particularly from 3pt land so he will try to exploit them... marion gets out and runs and chandler is really active on the boards and trying to block every shot

dont worry about kidd... he has had a few chances to get his ring and not been successful, so he wont want this (most likely) last chance slip through his fingers - conley has been up and down in the last few games, good on assists but has struggled a little offensively but as long as he's getting zbo and co involved, then he is doing his job. the points are a bonus.

tony allen and battier will do some good things defensivley but containing marion and terry for a whole series is easier said than done, pesky little bugger that terry... plus caron butler is still there too so plenty of weapons. if terry has 2-3 very good offensive outputs, mavs most likely win the series

will be fascinating no matter who gets thru

Wow....... not happy at all. But if we have to play a game 7, we have to play a game 7. Obviously the major reason we lost was because KD couldn't hit the back side of a barn door in that game. Highly doubt that happens two games straight. Even when he did get shots all he did was jack up a quick 3; was like...... I finally have the ball, better jack it up whilst I've got it; didn't like that 'strategy' whatsoever.

Yay Game 7! Thunder will never win a game when Durant is struggling, and their point guard finishes with more turnovers than assists. A true point guard would get the teams best scorer involved when he's having an off night. Not try and win it by himself.

Come on Jimbo...... did you even watch the game? If not, then don't throw around stupid comments like that. Their defense on KD has been superb & it has been very hard for Russ to get him the ball...... what's he gonna do? What around all day whilst the shot clock goes down to get KD the ball? No, he has to attack as he is the only other real scorer out there when Harden isn't out there; even when KD did get the ball he just jacked it up quickly as I said above; he needed to work with it & drive it to the hole to get a better shot and/or get a foul.

Back
Top Bottom