This is the "i am so happy" mailday ........

croatiantwins

OzCardTrader
today is a crazy day..i have got things that i almost forgott about....check that out!

first, i have to thank big time my collector friend - Cowie -....he is in the usa right now , so i have won some cards of ebay and i let the seller sent them to him..on this way i have safed money on shipping since most sellers have so high shipping prices- ridiculous. but anyways..it took really long for them to get to them- have bought most of them in january - but thats ok since cowie had some serious problems he had to handle there..
.i am so glad that they are here.
@ cowie
ich hoffe dir gehts besser nach dem überfall und dem ganzen schmarn- immer optimischtisch bleiben, aight. ich habe mich nur über die beckett magazine gewundert- denn das war das worauf ich mich das meiste gefreut habe :-(

here they are:

06 exquisite auto patch rc brandon bass /225
67s2lpv.jpg

06 exquisite auto patch rc brandon bass /225
4m2zp02.jpg

(have a lil brandon bass exquisite side collection with also 2 gold exquisite auto 4 colour patches /33)

06 exquisite auto patch rc nate robinson /225
4u1il2q.jpg

06 exquisite auto patch rc joey graham /225
6c7t89l.jpg

02-03 fleer authentix jersey card all star version (sp anywhere from 6-106)
i think i am crazy to drop 20$ on that dikembe jersey card, but i do collect that set and thats fine- i collect all jerseyvariations- and only need vince carter and baron davis to finish that set, so if anybody has one of them or even both, then please let me know!!
6cpevx1.jpg

and of course a kobe plate again......
06 topps first row center court printing plate black
6auq2at.jpg

by the way..i am so pissed that i have lost a auction with a kobe 99 stadium club plate some days ago..i really wanted that - but i was so dumb not to bid enough :-(

thank you for that all Cowie!!!!

then i have got another package of a collector from the german boards....he send me this beauty- i think it really can be called a beauty- by far the nicest printing plate that i have in my collection :)

52flaub.jpg

52ooy21.jpg

thanks to fm-schweiz!!!

mmh..i really think that thing with all the kobe bryant plates and 1/1 is getting out of control...but oh well.......

and again a 1/1 kobe bryant collectible.....its something exclusively from beckett again...from a beckett magazine with kobe on the cover. i have already 3 whole printing plate sets that they used to print that magazine
here is a pic of the plates- so that u can see a better conection to the actual item have received today
6g3lrmb.jpg

and here it is..i do not know how to call that thing. its the very first print on high glossy paper that was made when they thought aber the cover...and that very first print of that beckettcover is now also in my collection. you can read the name keith in the upper right corner- i guess its beckett mag. the 1/1 in the down left corner was written by beckett on that cover
4mjy1ig.jpg

and now for the real big bang of all the big bangs that can be called big bangs cause they are looking like big bangs

first i have to apologize for mistakes in the story..i am livin in germany and english is my 3rd main language...so i am sorry already for all my written mistakes

first thank you tom from Harrison , NY (aka j.r. smith collector , aka adhesiveness1 aka Johan Santana #57...i think he has had many nicks) for your help......!!

long story- with a lot of problems

i have these 2 cards in my collection:
96-97 flair showcase legacy collection row 0 rc paralle allen iverson - numbered 058/150

96-97 flair showcase legacy collection row 0 rc paralle kobe bryant - numbered 058/150

i have tom on my aim list and we talk . he wanted to send some cards to BGS to get them graded..he asked me if i have some cards to grade ..i thought about it and decided that these 2 legacys would look nicer with a golden label on them..so i have decided to send him these 2 for grading
i sent them to him- he received them, he sent them to BGS- after some weeks they come back to Tom and he send them again back to me...seems like a perfect transaction, aight?
the only problem is that his package did not came to my house- it came to the customer fee station in the next bigger city. i have got a notification from them that there is a package for me . so i went there, and i saw that it was toms package with my legays in there. the problem is that these guys only want money , they want to see invoices or something like that cause they really thought that i have bought that.
- by the way: the kobe is my very first high end card- this is my real crown in my collection..i have that card since 2001 ..in that time i had about 350 kobe cards in my collection, all through personal trades- i did not even knew the word INTERNET- i have internet since june 2003...but back then i have just traded on personal trades...so i was able to trade for that card..back then it was 500$- after one month in my possision it went high to 800$- i was so happy...anyways its my very first high end kobe card and it is unreplecable for me-
so they wanted to see some informations of that package..but i do not have anything to prove that these are my cards- i have them on my site, but they do not care bout that. i have told them the whole story about it and how long i have them and everything but nothing- real dumbasses working there. the package was declared with 400$ on the front - , this is also a problem, cause if i want to take that thing with me i would have to pay about 100$ just to get my package.
they have calculated that price from the 400$ insured tag- i would have to pay about 20 % of the insured price to get my package- but why in the hell should i pay 100$ just to get my own cards that i already own since so many years , i do not get it and these guys do not seem to understand me on that point....
.i have to show them a proof that these are mine cards, unfortunately i only had contact with tom through that aim messenger and there is nothing that could count as a proof.
so i contacted tom and asked him if he could write down the story on paper, sign that thing and send that letter to me...he did that immediately and about 10 days later i have got it.
they usually do not hold packages so much in there house- when a package arrives there- then you have 14 days to get it- otherwise it will be sent back or they will put it somewhere where nobody can find it anymore.......i knew already that toms letter will not be as fast here as the deadline is over- so i went again to the custom station and i asked them if they could hold that package some days longer- they said its no problem
then i have got toms letter- i went to the custom station with it (i am over the deadline- but i am still in the extra time that they gave me). i was really shocked when they told me that my package is not there anymore. that guy said to me:IT IS NOT HERE ANYMORE!!!!. unfortunately that guy that i talked before about that thing was not there- there was another guy....i was really shocked - but then that guy said it was sent back to the sender.- in this moment i was again relaxed and happy...i just thought: if its on the way back to tom then everything will be fine- cause he can send them back to me if he receives them, just without writing a value on the envelope so that it comes directly to my home..
i have waited and waited-.......... 2 months were over- still nothing there- then i started to worry. i mean i really had a bad feeling that these cards are not with me anymore..like i said that kobe is unrepleacable for me.
i had to do something..so i went to my lawyer (i think thats the right word..the guys with a suit and ties that are in law houses and are speaking for the ones that are in prison :) )- anyways..i have talked with him and told him the whole story.
i was so mad cause they lied to me 2 times: they told me that they will hold that package until that letter arrives- and they told me that they have sent out that package but after 2 months he still has not received it.....
my lawyer said its no problem and he started contacting them....he made a lot of pressure to them , since they broke her words to me - also that package was sent with a 400$ value- i think they should make sure that it arrives safe and secure back.......

and now the big bang of the big bangs!
tom has received my package back!!!!!-some days ago he sent it back to me and i have received it today!!!!!!
yaaaaaaaaaaye
ah- i forgott to talk about the grades that these cards got.....

96-97 flair showcase legacy row 0 collection parallel 058/150 350$ BV..graded a.......
Centering 9.5, Corners 8.5, Edges 9, Surface 9.5
5xxmucy.jpg

4ygxueb.jpg

and now the real beauty

tom mentioned that there has been some problems with that card.....i was again shocked- at first i thought it got lost back then when it was at BGS- but then he told me that there has been problems with the grades. i did not cared about that cause i was happy that the card is safe with tom (i really thought it got lost when he said : we have a problem...- its really funny how the story goes on after that first thought of me ..lol)

well..i opened the envelope and saw this:

front:
4ouvn5v.jpg

back:
61x7ptf.jpg

What da f****************************************ck!"!!!"!

it has not been graded cause they think it was trimmed????- man i have got that card back in 2001 at my local shop..we germans did not even know the word "trimming" back then...thats really so funny..the whole story is just ridiculous :)-

here is it in again without that case:

62607yx.jpg

4q3ykhd.jpg

very big thanks to Tom aka the great jr smith collector aka Johan Santana #57 for all your support and help on that thing- fortunately it is all good now

i am sooooo happy..really..soooooo happy!!
my baby is at home!- again

-KB

Sweet stuff mate! I've dealt with Cowie before, top guy, and Tom is a good mate of mine, has helped my pc heaps!

sweet stuff... beckett's first page keith is keith hower??? he always writes article and replies questions there..

about kobe grading, why don't u try another grading service??? should be able to grade there...

overall, huge stuff.. love the exquisite rookies

Great Iverson Legacy RC.

Nice Exquisite RCs!

What !@#$ about the Kobe Legacy! That's crap when they do that.

Also nice Kobe Printing plate, pity it looks so plain since it is the back of the card.

very nice exquisite auto patches..and kobe..oh looks great!! huge pick up!

Man, sweet mail indeed.

The exquisites are always looking fab.

And those Kobe plates look great together too.

I know what it is like to lose an unreplacebale item, you just feel so down.

Well done, and thanks for sharing the pic and story.

Fantastic mailday Kris, those Kobe's are sweet.

Looking at the Kobe, I can't see any rough edges, but on the back left edge, looking at it lined up with the penny sleeve, in the middle, looks uneven.

I think it's my eyes tho.

Sorry to hear about the f-ck ups mate, but I'm glad you got them back in the same condition you sent them out in. Not many are so lucky.

thank you all guys, i appreciate your comments nout that story!!

@mavsman
yeah, i was lucky on that thing...if i would not has got them back then i would go against these custom guys on the judge and get my money that they are worth for me , lol :)...but i am so glad that i do not have to do that

@buyingstuffformikelee
thanks man..one thing is sure. that kobe will never ever go anymore.it will stay in my kobe high end area and will not leave that place!

@ersk
thanks man....yeah, but i am not angry anymore because of that grade thing- i do not care about that- they are here and thats all that counts...

@nandalinnaung
yeah i know..keith contacted me also a half year ago because of the supercollector article. on thing is sure- that kobe will not go anywhere- i will not try to get it again graded ..with all the problems i had. also i do not like graded cards so much- i also will never sell these cards- i just thought it would be sick to see those 2 cards with the same numbering and with GOLD labels together- unfortunately it did not worked out like that

-KB

Back
Top Bottom