The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

Just read that the lakers are chasing tyreke Evans. Not sure how that will help, scoring off the bench maybe?

1st unit started well again today just for the 2nd unit to let the lead slip heading into 1/4 time. Only went 21-0 in the last 4 minutes and 6 of those were 3 point attempts.

Another positive is 14 assists on 14 makes. Nash with 5 and Kobe with 6.

I think people are being a bit harsh on diantoni. He is a good coach but some of the responsibility needs to go on that banana brain buss. Surely recruiting all the different styles of play in Nash and Howard to go with what they already was never going to work. Diantoni can only do so much, they knew his coaching style also so personally I think this should be on the lakers office. Trade gasol, it won't make one bit of difference IMO.

I'm not so sure Steve. D'Antoni only has one style, he's already talked about working out which guys "fit in" to that style.

The Lakers are a clock team IMO, use the ball, they have high level I.G guys in Nash, Kobe and Pau, not too many other teams have that. Then they need to bully teams down the other end. But Nash is getting destroyed in the pick n roll.

Either way I still think the Lakers make a run and make the playoffs, how can they not? But Pau will be dealt. Not sure where, but I reckon they'll take a few solid guys.

I agree that diantoni has one style, I just said he was a good coach. My point was the lakers brought in too many different styles, coach included. Your spot on the lakers are a clock team, they are also a defensive minded team first too. But again the lakers bring in a coach that doesn't suit. They dug their own grave. They won't be making any runs in the playoffs, you just can't turn on form in sport, it just doesn't happen. I love it, lakers struggling = gold!!!!

how the hell can we have 16 turn overs in the first half against the Heat and still be winning???:confused:

Well Kobe shooting 3/16???ugly Miami are in real foul trouble what they need to do is Dump the ball into Dwight and run Pau on the high Screen and Roll.....and Hope Kobe can start hitting some shots.....

Well down 8 start of the 4th......This game is going 2 ways......Heat to blow us out....or down to the wire for a LA win.....

Hows Norris Cole's Flat Top?gold!

man what d u do when its to hard to watch your team playing like this but cant not watch it. oday against the Bulls on the road we r right there but fall to pieces in the last 2-3 minutes, same thing against Miami. Kobe couldnt fit a barn door the last 2 games but still wont stop shooting. Nash is killing us with his non D. Turnovers are just stupidly high. Today so far, Dwight 4, Kobe 3, Nash, Gasol and Duhon all 2 for 16 total. well pretty much averaging 15-20 TO per game and shooting around 35-45% from the field and probably the same from the line...lol Not gonna get u anywhere. I really hope either Kobe flips out so something gets done or Dwight walks and finally they can start again somewhere.

I remember back in the day when i followed the Bulls basically cos of MJ and Pippen and when MJ and Pippen left i stopped following the NBA for years and kinda looking like the same scenario with LA this time round.

The way this team is playing, no one it trade proof. If I was pulling the trigger, I'd be listening to all offers. Not one player on this team deserves to attend the All Star weekend.
The only person I've seen talk positively consistently is Steve.
I don't want to sound like I'm bagging them. I'm just very disappointed and shocked at how poorly they are playing, I just expect more from what I see as possibly one of the best starting five ever.

Come on now!!

Malone was well past his Prime, Payton hated the Triangle and wouldnt run it and Shaq and Kobe well we know how that played out.....

Dwight right now needs to stop complaining and keep his head up and in the game, Kobe well i love the guys game as much as any Kobe fanboy and he has won a fair few games by himself, BUT he needs to stop taking 20 shots per game and get the damn ball down low to either Gasol or Howard....This team will not make the playoffs...simple as that, they will go down as one of the MOST over rated over hyped bags of horse s&^t in the History of the NBA.....

They need to make a trade RIGHT NOW........because i dont see any point waiting till the FEB 21 deadline......

Another thing i dont get is why D'antoni doesnt play certain guys in his system.....clearly the "Run and Gun" system isnt working, they need to go back to the post up play and control the half court game, if they do that right i believe no one would beat them in a 7game series.....

ARGHHHHHHH That feels better.....

Well If the current team is better how come they aren't even going to make playoffs? Maybe accost like I have being a spurs man that their current dynasty is done. They are not even close to being as good as the thunder or the clips? Do you really think a trade is going to help?? Getting Howard and Nash certainly didnt.

Back
Top Bottom