The Official LA LAKERS thread!!

They don't need to get younger. Thy just need to play harder. The style they play maybe dirk for pau Wouk be good for lakers but I can't see Cuban getting rid of his love child.
Agree they need to play alot harder! But we also do need to get quite a bit younger, we dont have anyone getting stable minutes under the age of 25 i dont think. I think someone like DCuz or a Manimal would be great for the hustle and energy level. I actually think LA is missing guys like Brown coming off the bench and giving u the energy and that spark that Brown and Odom quite often done.

Wouldnt even mind seeing us move some big contracts and get some good role players and maybe a top 10 draft pick to boost the future cos atm with the age of the player and the draft picks we have moved LA isnt gonna rise to fast unless they move soon!

If there is a major trade to be made, then it needs to be made sooner rather than later.....the trade deadline might be too late....the season will have almost passed us by by then.

Yeah I think there's gonna be a bit happening earlier with the "Larry Bird rule" coming in to play.

I think that date is Jan 15th.

Yeah I think there's gonna be a bit happening earlier with the "Larry Bird rule" coming in to play.

I think that date is Jan 15th.
Needs to be done whilst we have no Hill, Dwight and Pau

2 tough losses 1 in HOU lead majority of the game and then they ran all over us which ended up being a rout of sorts, we cant continue to let opposition score 35+ in any QTR just kills us!!!

A nice come back today @ SA down by 15+ in the 4th to come back within 3...thought we were going to steal it then Ginobilli drained that 3
A few things i noticed Play Earl Clark more.....he is only going to get better!!!!Trade Jameson clearly he doesnt fit into the system!Let Nash shoot more he creates space with his passing and it opens him up sometimes!!

Needs to be done whilst we have no Hill, Dwight and Pau

2 tough losses 1 in HOU lead majority of the game and then they ran all over us which ended up being a rout of sorts, we cant continue to let opposition score 35+ in any QTR just kills us!!!

A nice come back today @ SA down by 15+ in the 4th to come back within 3...thought we were going to steal it then Ginobilli drained that 3
A few things i noticed Play Earl Clark more.....he is only going to get better!!!!Trade Jameson clearly he doesnt fit into the system!Let Nash shoot more he creates space with his passing and it opens him up sometimes!!

Yeah They made an amazing comeback, but fell in to the same trap the Knicks do when they're in a tight game late, jack up 3's and 3's only. World Peace took to possessions on his own that really cost them, bad move.

I'm still thinking the Lakers will come good. They only need a couple of win streaks and they're away.

Yeah They made an amazing comeback, but fell in to the same trap the Knicks do when they're in a tight game late, jack up 3's and 3's only. World Peace took to possessions on his own that really cost them, bad move.

I'm still thinking the Lakers will come good. They only need a couple of win streaks and they're away.

Yeah im not to sure why he was??well i do , he has been shooting a pretty good %% from the 3 line so i can understand why, i think they should get more guys like Meeks and Clark open because they can knock down shots....
They need to dump it down to Dwight he can either make a high % shot or let the D collapse on him and pass it out of the block to shooters.....

Anyways they need to start winning now weather they make a trade or not because they are leaving it late to make a run @ playoffs...

Yeah the one good thing from these injuries is guys like Clark and Jamison getting some more minutes. This season is pretty much over so I'd like to see us try and get a trade for a couple of youngsters and give them half a season with this team so they can have a crack next year!

Playing alot more like a team today! I love seeing Kobe dishing the assists early, it normally means where in for a good game. Seem to be looking pretty good at the PF spot with Clark there instead of Gasol. With him playing in the system so well now is the time to move Gasol i say.

And very un Lakers like we have 29 dimes from 36 makes!

Playing alot more like a team today! I love seeing Kobe dishing the assists early, it normally means where in for a good game. Seem to be looking pretty good at the PF spot with Clark there instead of Gasol. With him playing in the system so well now is the time to move Gasol i say.

And very un Lakers like we have 29 dimes from 36 makes!

I've been loving the play of Clark, i think the writings on the wall for Gasol now, if Clark didnt preform he would have been safe but he has been play excellent TEAM ball..
Hopefully we can keep up the good play, History is against us tho with our previous record, we have the Bucks @ home tomorrow then the Heat on Friday lets try and get both of them!!

The games that I've seen them play, the Lakers look horrific on both ends. There is no passing and nobody makes cuts or even moves! They stand around and there's a lot of isolation plays where Kobe basically says, screw this, no one is scoring, I'm just going to jack up a shot. Nash needs to be far more aggressive offensively, he can knock down shots all day long. Howard just looks so demotivated out there and doesn't contest as many shots as he needs to. Jamison looks like a fish out of water a lot of times often missing defensive assignments. D'antoni is just not a good fit in my opinion, his brand of basketball was never playoff proven, and unlike coaches like Doc Rivers and Poppovich, he doesn't adapt his strategy for different teams. He's always trying to put a square into a round opening no matter what the situation. His current coaching "brilliance"? "Uhh, defense isn't really something I'm good at guys. But Kobe seems to know a thing or two so Uhh, let's go with my defensive scheme of him guarding all the top scorers and yeah let's roll with that.."

The games that I've seen them play, the Lakers look horrific on both ends. There is no passing and nobody makes cuts or even moves! They stand around and there's a lot of isolation plays where Kobe basically says, screw this, no one is scoring, I'm just going to jack up a shot. Nash needs to be far more aggressive offensively, he can knock down shots all day long. Howard just looks so demotivated out there and doesn't contest as many shots as he needs to. Jamison looks like a fish out of water a lot of times often missing defensive assignments. D'antoni is just not a good fit in my opinion, his brand of basketball was never playoff proven, and unlike coaches like Doc Rivers and Poppovich, he doesn't adapt his strategy for different teams. He's always trying to put a square into a round opening no matter what the situation. His current coaching "brilliance"? "Uhh, defense isn't really something I'm good at guys. But Kobe seems to know a thing or two so Uhh, let's go with my defensive scheme of him guarding all the top scorers and yeah let's roll with that.."

I totally agree with alot of this, I've been watching heaps of the Lakers coz they intrigue me. I especially agree that D'Antoni does'nt change his strategy. Like the Lakers are pretty much gonna HAVE to trade Pau because he is'nt fitting to D'Antoni's system and Earl Clark is. We're talking about a two time champ and Olympian getting shoved out for Earl Clark (I know the guy can play, just trying to put it in perspective).

I'm not so sure they'll get great value in return but who knows. Gonna be very interesting.

I totally agree with alot of this, I've been watching heaps of the Lakers coz they intrigue me. I especially agree that D'Antoni does'nt change his strategy. Like the Lakers are pretty much gonna HAVE to trade Pau because he is'nt fitting to D'Antoni's system and Earl Clark is. We're talking about a two time champ and Olympian getting shoved out for Earl Clark (I know the guy can play, just trying to put it in perspective).

I'm not so sure they'll get great value in return but who knows. Gonna be very interesting.

The crazy thing is as bad as they look offensively just standing around aimlessly and having no visible chemistry, they are 4th in the league in scoring! I can only imagine how efficient they could be if they actually ran some goddamn plays. And for every basket I've seen them had to work like dogs just to get a contested shot off (classic Kobe with 2 defenders drapped on him, fading away a foot into the 3 point line, after a series of crossovers and head fakes), they give up an easy layup on a simple screen or a simple cut to the basket or a semi fastbreak layup. And you can clearly see the frustration mounting on the defensive end, after every few plays, you see players shaking their heads, raising their palms up and looking at each other like the other was to blame for the missed assignment. It's awful watching them play, it really is, and I feel bad for Kobe because he tries so hard to make up for their inefficiency on both ends and almost single handedly makes them competitive in games.

I think people are being a bit harsh on diantoni. He is a good coach but some of the responsibility needs to go on that banana brain buss. Surely recruiting all the different styles of play in Nash and Howard to go with what they already was never going to work. Diantoni can only do so much, they knew his coaching style also so personally I think this should be on the lakers office. Trade gasol, it won't make one bit of difference IMO.

Back
Top Bottom