The Official Cleveland Cavaliers Thread!

Nothing much I can say here that most of you don't know yet... But I'll say something anyway. ;)

I am really happy for us to be 4 games ahead of the Celtics (a game ahead of the Lakers) at this point. We might be heading into a rough spot due to MO Williams definitely out for another month or longer and West who has been in/out of focus lately is now a day to day due to his own injury. One thing though is we are going to play a lot more home games than aways... So hopefully, it will sort of help us win more games than loose until Mo comes back...

One good news is regarding Leon Powe...
LOS ANGELES -- Leon Powe is eager to get back to Cleveland.

It isn't because it is the end of the Cavaliers' longest road trip of the season. Actually he's enjoyed himself this trip. The Cavs spent three days near his hometown of Oakland, Calif., and he got to be with friends and family.

His reasons are all business. This week, Powe is expected to be cleared to return to contact practice. That is a key step in his recovery from anterior cruciate ligament replacement and microfracture surgery that he had on his left knee last May.

It is something Powe has been looking forward to because it is the final stage in recovery. He's been playing light 3-on-3 and 4-on-4 with teammates after practice for the past couple weeks and has been working in some drills. Going full speed is next.

"It is going to be exciting to get out there and get a feel for the game again," Powe said before the Cavs took on the Los Angeles Clippers to close their five-game trip Saturday night.

"Contact practice is important to get my timing and rhythm back."

The Cavs have a lot of practice time coming up. They don't have another back-to-back for a month. After playing 27 games in 49 days, the team plays just 12 in the next 32 days.

That is roughly the timeframe for Powe to return to real games, which is just after the All-Star break. The Cavs are in no hurry to rush him back. They are interested in getting him as healthy as possible leading into the playoffs. Powe said his doctors probably won't clear him to return before the Feb. 18 home game against the Denver Nuggets.

However, the date Powe has been eyeing is Feb. 25, which is when the Cavs play in Boston against the Celtics. Powe won a championship ring with the Celtics in 2008, but the team didn't initially want to sign him when he became a free agent after his surgery.

The Cavs guaranteed his salary for this season, knowing he may never be 100 percent, and Powe left Boston.

"I'm going to play in that one for sure," Powe said. "It is going to be fun, too. My plan is to be back to where I was before. It is long process, so I've got to keep plugging away."

With a 10 game winning streak coming into todays game against the Knicks, we are definitely looking good.

I personally didnt think that we will have this streak coz Mo williams and Delonte West is injured and alot of people probably thought the same way. But It created a big gap in the eastern race and with Denver beating the Lakers yesterday, it gave us a 2 game lead with the tie-breaker for the best record in the NBA.:thumbsup:

How great is Lebron playing these days??? It is really ridiculously great! :thumbsup:

Here's today's preview: New York Knicks vs. Cleveland Cavaliers - Preview - February 06, 2010 - ESPN

Watching Lebron run the point the other day against the Heat was fun! They couldn't stop him, he'd drive hard to the basket against smaller opponents or dish off to guys wide open cos they were trying to double him!

Recap: Orlando Magic vs. Cleveland Cavaliers - Recap - February 11, 2010 - ESPN:thumbsup:

13 in a row matches the team's longest winning streak which was set last year. Their record is identical to last year after 54 games, 43-11. But we all have seen how the season ended for the Cavs last year...

This year is alot different though... Im not just talking about Shaq, Parker or the growth of Hickson and defensive skills that Varejao brings every night.

It's about Lebron... Ok, we can say that the Cavs theses days are always about Lebron. Anyway, with all the games the Cavs played that I saw this year, I can definitely say that Lebron has really improved alot compare to the previous years... The stats say it, too but You have to watch him play to appreciate his greatness... We know he can score in bunches, we've seen him chase lay-ups for highlight reel blocks but the most I'm impressed about is his pin-point accuracy in passing the ball to his open team mates... :thumbsup: He's averaging 33 pts and 11 assts this month and looks like he's heading for another MVP award...

Credit to Mike Brown also for all the nice plays that they seem to run constantly...:D

Can't wait to see them play again. Next game is Friday week against the Denver Nuggets which should be shown also on ONE HD.

Recap: Cavs 115 - Magic 106:thumbsup:

13 in a row matches the team's longest winning streak which was set last year. Their record is identical to last year after 54 games, 43-11. But we all have seen how the season ended for the Cavs last year...

This year is alot different though... Im not just talking about Shaq, Parker or the growth of Hickson and defensive skills that Varejao brings every night.

It's about Lebron... Ok, we can say that the Cavs theses days are always about Lebron. Anyway, with all the games the Cavs played that I saw this year, I can definitely say that Lebron has really improved alot compare to the previous years... The stats say it, too but You have to watch him play to appreciate his greatness... We know he can score in bunches, we've seen him chase lay-ups for highlight reel blocks but the most I'm impressed about is his pin-point accuracy in passing the ball to his open team mates... :thumbsup: He's averaging 33 pts and 11 assts this month and looks like he's heading for another MVP award...

Credit to Mike Brown also for all the nice plays that they seem to run constantly...:D

Can't wait to see them play again. Next game is Friday week against the Denver Nuggets which should be shown also on ONE HD.

I can't belive how much he gets to the free throw line! dominating!
that was a great game!

he gives the whole team such confidence they must feel as long as he's there they are invincible, fantastic to watch

Stoudamire would be a sick acquisition. I'm not sure if he is a better fit than Jamison though - Amare can't spread the floor and operates pretty near the basket. Clogs up the lane a bit and plays best with an excellent passing play-maker.

Jamison on the other hand can roam, hit jumpers from everywhere and can adapt to what LeBron does. Not sure Amare could...

Stoudamire would be a sick acquisition. I'm not sure if he is a better fit than Jamison though - Amare can't spread the floor and operates pretty near the basket. Clogs up the lane a bit and plays best with an excellent passing play-maker.

Jamison on the other hand can roam, hit jumpers from everywhere and can adapt to what LeBron does. Not sure Amare could...

You're quite right about Jamison. He could hit those long jumpshots but maybe Parker, Mo, West, Boobie and Jawad could be enough to open up the lane for Lebron.

But acquiring Amare would bolster the front court significantly and would be a great match up say against the Lakers bigs come finals.;)

Honestly I don't like the Amare deal....... cavs are good enough without him & last time he played with Shaq he was whinging.

Thats true but people can change if they can see a greater future. Say playing along side Lebron...:thumbsup:

Lebron signed off on trading for Amare or Jamison which makes me think that getting either of them will be good for the team;)

---------- Post added 14-02-2010 at 11:05 PM ----------

Cavs inching closer to the Amare deal...:thumbsup:

Apparently Amare stated he would rather play in Miami with Wade..... sheesh.. you'd think anyone would welcome the opportunity to play for a championship with the cavs.... but not Amare, more whinging it seems. :rolleyes:

Apparently Amare stated he would rather play in Miami with Wade..... sheesh.. you'd think anyone would welcome the opportunity to play for a championship with the cavs.... but not Amare, more whinging it seems. :rolleyes:
Where did you read that? I got this from the latest article: Sources: Others up ante in bidding for Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire - ESPN
While Stoudemire has good relationships with LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal, some close to Stoudemire believe Miami -- where he lives during the summer -- is his first choice.

But either way, with or without Amare, we should be fine this year... ;)

Back
Top Bottom