The official Chicago Bulls team thread.

While I really, really like coach Thibodeau and what he does... He seems to not like making adjustments to the things he does no matter what the situation.... Surely, with your reigning league MVP having such a bad run and missing more then a third of the regular season, when the games under control and you have some one like CJ Watson who you can rely on you would have to sit Rose, just for fking safety more then anything.....

This is all doing my head in!! Not a nice thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning at all!

Is ACL 12 months in bball like it is if footy?...not sure if the shortened season had anything to do with it...just one of those things :(

Is ACL 12 months in bball like it is if footy?...not sure if the shortened season had anything to do with it...just one of those things :(

Yeah It would be 12 months I'd say.....

The shortened season would definitely have played a part! 66 games in 123 days...? No time to recover from even the smallest niggles. He's had ankle and calf (?) problems most of the season so the knee would be taking more pressure then it needs to but your right, it's also just one of those things, got into an awkward position and landed in the same style of position!

In as much as I would like to blame the coach for keep him in there, DRose should just let the time go down and pass and not drive to the basket. Big blow for the bulls and for the NBA playoffs. I was hoping to see all the great players play 100% but with a grinding season, bodies are starting to break.

While I really, really like coach Thibodeau and what he does... He seems to not like making adjustments to the things he does no matter what the situation.... Surely, with your reigning league MVP having such a bad run and missing more then a third of the regular season, when the games under control and you have some one like CJ Watson who you can rely on you would have to sit Rose, just for fking safety more then anything.....

This is all doing my head in!! Not a nice thing to wake up to on a Sunday morning at all!

Not sure what you are getting at here. An ACL is not an injury you can safe guard against. Its just one of those injuries. You've seen it in footy how it can be done so easily and innocently, just by changing direction. If its anyones fault its the leagues for trying to get so many games into a short amount of time. Rose's injury is not an isolated incident. He had played 97% of all his 308 games since high school up until this season.

I am equally unhappy as you being as big a bulls fan but you can't go blaming a coach for having his star player playing during playoffs.

You say sit him while the game is control. Well with missing so many games, especially so close to playoffs, how is Rose supposed to get match fitness back, how is he supposed to get his touch back. Wait until we play Miami in ECF? Playing an out of form Philly was a perfect opportunity to Rose get some form.

This is a sad day for the NBA but really is just one of those freak injuries.

Just watching the game talk on fox and they are saying that they are getting numerous text messages from NBA General managers blaming this on the NBA.

Not sure what you are getting at here. An ACL is not an injury you can safe guard against. Its just one of those injuries. You've seen it in footy how it can be done so easily and innocently, just by changing direction. If its anyones fault its the leagues for trying to get so many games into a short amount of time. Rose's injury is not an isolated incident. He had played 97% of all his 308 games since high school up until this season.

I am equally unhappy as you being as big a bulls fan but you can't go blaming a coach for having his star player playing during playoffs.

You say sit him while the game is control. Well with missing so many games, especially so close to playoffs, how is Rose supposed to get match fitness back, how is he supposed to get his touch back. Wait until we play Miami in ECF? Playing an out of form Philly was a perfect opportunity to Rose get some form.

This is a sad day for the NBA but really is just one of those freak injuries.

Not solely blaming the coach but really, up by 12 with 1:10 to go, do you really need your superstar out there that has been injury plagued 50% of the season? A couple of minutes at the end of the game is probably the worse time to try and get some "touch" back...It's called garbage time for a reason! But your right, and I stated it in another thread, 66 games in 123 days is just plain stupid and negligent on the NBA's behalf!

WELL what can one say except that the Bulls are F@#!%D

They need to get rememebr what they did in regular season without Rose and go out there and do it.

I don't know if they can, they are to mentally damaged. Even if they beat 76ers, I don't know if they can win Rd 2 then Rd 3 let alone the championship.

how bad is Noah's ankle?

When I saw it happen O just threw my head back and thought Fk it, 2012 is done....

Mentally exhausted from the injuries they have to deal with. Game 2 Philly shot the lights out and played well, game 3 was a bit of Chicago playing bad at times and Philly playing too. We held them to 11 in the 3rd and they held us to stuff all in the 4th. But whn you have Korver missing everything from anywhere and Deng only getting 6 or 7 shots (WTF!?!?!?!) plus Rip not shooting well your always going to struggle, even with Rose out there.

Philly match up well with us and now having to deal with Rose' injury, plus looking like Noah could be in strife, it really is going to be a close contested series! I can see it going 6 or 7 either way right now!!

well 3-2 can we square it?

Here is a good post I saw on a sam smith's blog haha:

http://blogs.bulls.com/2012/05/bulls-win-game-5-to-get-back-in-series-with-76ers

Somethings Brewing in the Taj mahal of basketball. Doesn't matter what any Deng person says. Sometimes we play like we're all Boozed up, but you Noah we always find a way. Another win is just around the Korver and it doesn't take a Watson to figure out who the class of the NBA is. Thibs is the truth. It's not all Roses yet, but what we Asik is still possible.

fingers crossed

The series showed just how much Rose means to the side. Hope they take a punt to get Dwight there!

I know the feeling, felt the same last season.....

However still happy with the result, the Bulls were the team I feared the most if the Spurs make it the finals, and now we have home court advantage if we do make it all the way.

Back
Top Bottom