The official Chicago Bulls team thread.

Not sure if any other BUlls fan read Sam's blog but:

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_120528.html

Thoughts on his proposal trade?

NO NO NO NO............. NO

Gasol is no upgrade from Boozer. He is 32 and has not heart when it comes to the crunch. I especially do not want to give up Deng for him.

However out of those names listed if the Bulls could somehow snag DH12 or Rudy Gay I would be more than happy.

NO NO NO NO............. NO

Gasol is no upgrade from Boozer. He is 32 and has not heart when it comes to the crunch. I especially do not want to give up Deng for him.

However out of those names listed if the Bulls could somehow snag DH12 or Rudy Gay I would be more than happy.

Yer he proposed to trade Deng and RIP for gasol.

Then Noah for two smaller players from Bobcats lol.

lets give away the whole core including Rose for CP3 and build around him lol.

i read sam smiths article.. if i had food in my mouth i would have spat it out..

id gladly get rid of boozer before deng (by far my 2nd favourite player after rose).

but alas we're sort of stuck with boozer.

I really don't like Gasol in his last 2 years with LA... But the Gasol that helped win the 2 rings and his Memphis days is a different story... I agree the Bulls would get more out of him if it's true he WANTS to play for the Bulls but Im not sure I'd take him, DEF NO if it includes Deng.....

If Orlando decide to blow up and be stupid I'd love us to snag DH12 for Noah and Boozer like I've stated a few times around the place! I believe we need Deng, Unless we upgrade at the 3 to a Scorer and a Defender at the 2....

Ahhhhh All this trad rumor stuff does my head in, round and round with thoughts and possibilities, if's and but's.... Im just hopeful of D Rose getting back to full health and form and some how the Club finding the right pieces to go along side him!

What do Bulls fans think of this?

Luol Deng will not be surprised if the Bulls trade him this summer.
"I believe there is always to some extent truth behind rumors," Deng said. "But as an athlete, if you get caught up in them, you are really wasting your time because it's not something you can control.
"If it's not true, a GM could always come out and say it's not true. But if a GM doesn't come out and say it, there are probably talks. And there should be. If I was a GM I would be shopping players around, too.”
Chicago is reportedly disappointed that Deng will play in the Olympics for Great Britain.
"I wouldn't want me to play (in the Olympics) either,” Deng said. “Pax is an athlete and, as an athlete who used to play, Pax understands me wanting to play. But as a GM that's his job to try and get the team healthy and get the team ready for next year. I understand both sides to it.
"But it comes down to an injury that happened at the wrong time. I just try to let people know I'm going to be OK."

Read more:
http://basketball.realgm.com/news#ixzz1ynSbPHZr

What do Bulls fans think of this?
Not sure which part you are referring to -

Deng being traded - Fine by me, he's probably our most tradeable asset, as long as we could get something back for him.

Olympics - I think it's fair enough. He's coming off an injury. It would be like Bogut playing now for the Boomers, surely the Warriors don't want him playing. He hasn't even played a game for them.

here's my out there trade for the BUlls from the off season thread:
Alright so now my computer is s***ting me. Had a big one typed up!

Ok might seem a bit silly but what about a 3 way with chi, orl, sac.

orl get
Joakim Noah
#5 Pick

chi get
Tyreke Evans
Dwght Howard

sac get
Luol Deng
JJ Reddick
#19(orl) & 27(chi) picks

Leaving starters like this

Chi
Dwight
Boozer
Korver
Rip/Evans
Evans/Rose

Orl
Noah
Anderson/Davis
Harrison Barnes or Kidd Gilchrist/ Hedo
J-Rich
Jameer

Sac
Cousins
Thompson
Deng
Reddick/Thornton
Thomas

I know it's a pretty random sort of concotion, really looked at from a bias Bulls point of view, but factor in evans out favour, being played at SF or behind thornton and thomas this season. Dwight slightly out of favour with threats of going to free agency etc etc.
Actualy i think if anyone loses out it's sacramento. Maybe the Bulls throw in Asik or Orlando throw in Anderson/Davis to give them an inside presence and move cousins to PF.

I also think for Sacramento having the #5 pick, is not necessarily a good thing. Both Barnes and Kidd-Gilchrist are great talents, but I think they'd be better getting some experience in. Using ESPN depth chart experience going in to next season PG -1 season, SG - 3,SF -3 (which is evans who ESPN themselves list as a PG), PF - 4, C - 2

Deng being traded - Fine by me, he's probably our most tradeable asset, as long as we could get something back for him.

Olympics - I think it's fair enough. He's coming off an injury. It would be like Bogut playing now for the Boomers, surely the Warriors don't want him playing. He hasn't even played a game for them.

Kind of agree. I'd hate to see him go, but he'd at least bring a good return. If we can lump in Boozer I'm all for it (it'll give Taj a bigger role, and drop the least value-for-money player from the salary cap).

I don't think it's fair to expect anyone not to represent their country in a home Olympics, especially in an event the country hasn't been represented in since 1948 (also held in London).

Will England's basketball team qualify for the Olympics without being the host city? Within Deng's playing years?

It's literally a once in a lifetime opportunity for him.

Not sure how to feel about Korver being traded... he really didn't do much towards the end of last season, but the guy can flat out shoot the ball. If we can't get Dwight or another Offensively minded big then I can see the point in getting rid of Korver...

I'd be up for signing Mayo!!! Have Rip as a veteran backup, Mayo can be the offensive force that lessens the load once Rose is back but can also help with the scoring load while Rose is out too!!! I hope that happens!

Reactions: db6
All in all better than i expected.

Big surprises have been Nate Robinson and Jimmy Butler. Butler is going to be another solid player for us. Taj has taken another step too.

Disappointments have been lack of solid back up Center, Noah is knackered and Deng starting to show wear and tear. Hamilton has been useless and Hinrich has been solid when he can stay on the court.

I long for Rose to return but i don't know if it will be this year. We will see..... But if he does return with enough games to build up to 25-30 minutes a game come playoffs.....anything could happen. Still a big unknown how good we will be once he returns.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR A BUMP.

DISCUSS SEASON SO FAR!!!!!!!!!
It is time indeed! :)

The bulls will get into the playoffs without any problems.

The question is, will they get home court in the first round?

And what is really going to happen with Rose this season? ;)

From ESPN:
Rose has not had any setbacks while practicing 5-on-5, which is the last step in his rehab, the Chicago Sun Times report. (about 1 day ago)

He can also dunk again now, which he said he couldn't a couple of weeks ago. I recon he'll return just before the finals, a bit slower than pre-injury (but still faster than most), and with slightly better ranged shooting (but not quite Kyle Korver). Home court in round 1 should be doable, and advancement to round two a better than good chance. Miami is still a threat, but I think it's Lebron's turn to have a major injury, so we should be champions by June ;)

jimmy Butler has really stood up when Deng was injured. Belinelli can also be a damaging reserve when he gets the minutes. personally im sick of Nate coz he hogs and Hinrich fustrates me. Rose wont be back this season by sounds of it, apparently he cant even dunk and is at 80% fitness. even if he were to come back, we need him and all the others at 100% to come close. ide say rest him, just finish the season and give the younger boys some minutes to warm up for next season. Loving butler, gibson and Belinelli this year, Noah, Boozer and Deng always look good. one rose is back no need for nate

With regards to Derrick the only way he will get back to 100 percent is by playing games. Ask Rubio or anyone that has come back from a knee reco. Once you get the all clear from the doc in regards to re injuring yourself the only way to build up to 100 percent is by getting out there and building up minutes. Whether Rose has been given the all clear yet and whether he feels he is right to return though is another question.

Personally as much as it would suck if it was best for Derrick to take the whole year off, so be it. He is the future of the franchise and we don't need a Penny/G.Hill situation on our hands.

With regards to Derrick the only way he will get back to 100 percent is by playing games. Ask Rubio or anyone that has come back from a knee reco. Once you get the all clear from the doc in regards to re injuring yourself the only way to build up to 100 percent is by getting out there and building up minutes. Whether Rose has been given the all clear yet and whether he feels he is right to return though is another question.

Personally as much as it would suck if it was best for Derrick to take the whole year off, so be it. He is the future of the franchise and we don't need a Penny/G.Hill situation on our hands.

He did say in an interview that he will only come back when he mentally feels like his body is 110%. At the time he also said currently he feels about 80%, so I am expecting him to probably come back next year.

Noah is building himself to be the best C in the League! Massive Triple Double today!! Deng is playing TOO many minutes, hence why he is up and down with his point production! His Defense is Huge for us, but he also must be a top flight scorer for us with out Rose. Nate is doing OK, Hinrich the same, Nate will probably go once Rose returns and Hinrich will slot in as a backup PG and spend some time at SG too. Hamilton.... SG is our biggest problme IMO. Boozer is a waste of money, for $80m he should be top 10 scorer and Rebounder, especially cos he has good mid range and good size on the block as well... Just too consistently soft@!

The Bulls will do what they do, we will have trouble with the bigger teams, come playoffs, but we will still cause more grief then anyone will give us credit for without Rose. Butler is a future solid scorer and Taj needs to start and move Boozer on soon so we can get a potent SG!

Back
Top Bottom