The official Chicago Bulls team thread.

Oh well.. We'll be back stronger next year..

hopefully that wasn't BG's last game as a Bull. I'm glad that we made the Celts fight it out and didnt just give up and let them bully us..

Do we need this thread any more??

Gallant series and congrats to the bulls who were always going to test us with their run and youth.

Well done to the young bulls for giving the champs a real run for their money! Great series to watch! :D

Do we need this thread any more??

Gallant series and congrats to the bulls who were always going to test us with their run and youth.

When you gonna post "this thread has ran its course and thanks for all the input"? :lol:

I enjoy the whole series and the young bulls have shown that they have a lot of talent in them. But the veteran Celtics have prevailed! :thumbsup:

Oh well.. We'll be back stronger next year..

hopefully that wasn't BG's last game as a Bull. I'm glad that we made the Celts fight it out and didnt just give up and let them bully us..

BG was the best Bulls player this series in my mind.

Rose was great but without BG's clutch scoring this series doesn't even go to 6.

BG was the best Bulls player this series in my mind.

Rose was great but without BG's clutch scoring this series doesn't even go to 6.

BG was definetly the best player, but it was a team effort, and no way could he have done it on his own. Salmons, Rose and Hinrich were all critical.

:(

Man what a series, this has to go down as one of the best series EVER.

Rondo was Huge

ALL the shooters were Huge

Rose was amazing, let alone for a rookie

Anyone watching Game 7 LIVE on ONE? If not you missed one of sickest rejections you will ever see, Derrick Rose made Scalabrine look hopeless(even more than he already does)
Wish they'd play games every sunday(instead of Mon and Fri when most are working)

That was a huge block from Rose, Scal thought he had it easy

Gordon Not Sure Of Future With Bulls

Gordon Not Sure Of Future With Bulls

May 03, 2009 12:07 AM EST

With the Chicago Bulls season now over, the team's focus will shift on what to do with Ben Gordon.

Gordon, an unrestricted free agent, has had troubles in the past negotiating a contract with Chicago.

"I really don't know," said Gordon about his future with the Bulls. "I'd like to be here, but I wanted to be here long-term the last two summers too and that didn't happen, so you never know."

Gordon signed a one-year contract worth $6.4 million last season after turning down a five-year $50 million dollar offer from the team.

Gordon has said in the past that he is seeking Luol Deng type money, who signed with Chicago for six years and a guaranteed $71 million dollars that could reach $80 million with incentives.

It is unlikely that the Bulls will make such an offer because of luxury tax penalties.

Barkley: Noah Is A Poor Man's Rodman
May 02, 2009 11:23 PM EST

TNT analyst Charles Barkley had good things to say about Joakim Noah during the network's studio show after Saturday night's Game 7 between Boston and Chicago.

Barkley called Noah "the poor man's Dennis Rodman," after the Celtics prevailed over Bulls 109-99 at TD Banknorth Garden.

What happens now to the BUlls?

BG7, Lindsey Hunter, aaron gray, and a couple of other scrubs - out of contract

Deng - Massive contract, but coming off injury. He missed 33 games this year.

Salmons and Miller for Drew Gooden, Andres Nocioni and Michael Ruffin. - Seems to have worked in the Bulls Favour.

Bulls have the Thunder draft pick in 2009, I couldn't find any conditions on the pick from media reports so looks like the BUlls will wind up with another lottery pick this year! and considering the Thunder had the 4th worst record looks like the Balls are in our favour.....

Do we resign Gordon?
What do you see are the current weaknesses?
If we get the thunder pick, do we keep or trade it?

BG was definetly the best player, but it was a team effort, and no way could he have done it on his own. Salmons, Rose and Hinrich were all critical.

Of course he couldn't have done it on his own, but that being said he played the BIGGEST role probably with Derrick Rose out of any player.

We all know the Bulls have guys that can ball, but if Gordon hadn't stepped up his play, some of his clutch play was amazing, hitting shots over multiple defenders - this series wouldn't have gone to 6.

I find it absurd that he wants Deng kind of money and the Bulls won't give it to him or at least didn't want to initially when it seems he is more valuable in terms of contributions than Deng is.

I gotta say, even though this thread was started in Jest, after this round I'd expect a whole lot of posts in here next season. Rose now knows what playoff basketball is all about, and the guy is just a Rook. Great experience for him early in his career, he's only going to get better next season. Do the Bulls resign BG? After this season surely they will. What moves do they make to better prepare themselves for next season? There's a few good players becoming available.

Also props to Gordon7, while he may not be vocal all season long, he's been a diehard Bulls fan non stop since the Jordan era ended and fans like that in Australia are hard to find these days, not like that spamming so and so, who gets on the Cats bandwagon for obvious reasons. :lol: ;)

Bulls fans can expect big things next season, they proved it in this first round match up without Deng (and yes no KG aswell), and what a series it was. :D

What happens now to the BUlls?

BG7, Lindsey Hunter, aaron gray, and a couple of other scrubs - out of contract

Deng - Massive contract, but coming off injury. He missed 33 games this year.

Salmons and Miller for Drew Gooden, Andres Nocioni and Michael Ruffin. - Seems to have worked in the Bulls Favour.

Bulls have the Thunder draft pick in 2009, I couldn't find any conditions on the pick from media reports so looks like the BUlls will wind up with another lottery pick this year! and considering the Thunder had the 4th worst record looks like the Balls are in our favour.....

Do we resign Gordon?
What do you see are the current weaknesses?
If we get the thunder pick, do we keep or trade it?

Yes you resign him.
You need a presence in the paint - Noah, Ty and Miller isn't enough.
Depends if you can get a quality big for it - eg. Put it towards Amare/Bosh etc.

Yes you resign him.
You need a presence in the paint - Noah, Ty and Miller isn't enough.
Depends if you can get a quality big for it - eg. Put it towards Amare/Bosh etc.

I agree that you resign Gordon but they probably don't have enough $$ to do that. And if they did down the track how will they give Rose a big contract and pursue a good big man in 2010.

In my opinion they don't need Deng.

You already have a future all-star in Rose, one of the best shooters in the league at Gordon and you should be pursuing a really good big.

You don't need 4 amazing players to win a championship, 2-3 is enough and build around that.

As for the bigs - your right. Because Noah and Tyrus are both not great offensively and are very similar energy type players. Ultimately I think Noah will have to come off the bench because T-Time's energy and all-round ability is more versatile than Joakhim's but you need scoring. Miller is a good player off the bench for the Bulls. He can run the offense and you can go to him. But you need young, strong scorer.

This offseason with a new GM

the first thing we need to do is resign Gordon. first offer him a 5 Years 56Mil
then see if we can get Bosh or Amare for Kirk,Deng pick..
i think the Raps would take this cos its better then losing him for nothing.

Easily Deng and Kirk for the first to go on this team... more so Deng its to soft and skinny and will never live up to that massive contract we gave him.

I gotta say, even though this thread was started in Jest, after this round I'd expect a whole lot of posts in here next season. Rose now knows what playoff basketball is all about, and the guy is just a Rook. Great experience for him early in his career, he's only going to get better next season. Do the Bulls resign BG? After this season surely they will. What moves do they make to better prepare themselves for next season? There's a few good players becoming available.

Also props to Gordon7, while he may not be vocal all season long, he's been a diehard Bulls fan non stop since the Jordan era ended and fans like that in Australia are hard to find these days, not like that spamming so and so, who gets on the Cats bandwagon for obvious reasons. :lol: ;)

Bulls fans can expect big things next season, they proved it in this first round match up without Deng (and yes no KG aswell), and what a series it was. :D

Thanks for the props man..

Just because i cant be bothered typing posts doesn't mean im not a die hard bulls fan. If you guys could see my pool room you would see how hardcore i am.

This offseason with a new GM

the first thing we need to do is resign Gordon. first offer him a 5 Years 56Mil
then see if we can get Bosh or Amare for Kirk,Deng pick..
i think the Raps would take this cos its better then losing him for nothing.

Easily Deng and Kirk for the first to go on this team... more so Deng its to soft and skinny and will never live up to that massive contract we gave him.

My only concern with this is - what is Deng's value right now? He's coming off a season where he missed almost half the season.

I can see Kirk being of value he has embraced his new role coming off the bench, rather than whinging as he has done previously.

My only concern with this is - what is Deng's value right now? He's coming off a season where he missed almost half the season.

I can see Kirk being of value he has embraced his new role coming off the bench, rather than whinging as he has done previously.

Deng will still have value, can play a as a tall and a prolific scorer. Would looki at packaging him with a draft pick to put towards a big.

that's where I wonder are they better off packaging gordon, coming off a pretty good series against the C's. Then running a starting lineup of something like:

Rose/Hinrich/ Hunter
Salmons/Roberson
Deng/Thomas/Salmons
Tyrus or Noah/Tyrus or Noah
Traded Big Man/Miller/Noah

if that was the way they went we really lack a shooter, that can release the pressure on the big man, or be kicked to off rose penetration

that's where I wonder are they better off packaging gordon, coming off a pretty good series against the C's. Then running a starting lineup of something like:

Rose/Hinrich/ Hunter
Salmons/Roberson
Deng/Thomas/Salmons
Tyrus or Noah/Tyrus or Noah
Traded Big Man/Miller/Noah

if that was the way they went we really lack a shooter, that can release the pressure on the big man, or be kicked to off rose penetration

salmons and hinrich can shoot the ball, that's not an issue, but bg is more prolific.

Back
Top Bottom