The Official BOSTON CELTICS thread

Re: The Official BOSTON CELTICS Season Thread

only thing is we havent seen them take on the western conf. power teams

no spurs, suns, mavs. they've played the lakers, utah and now rockets
they played a struggling cavs twice and currently 1-1 and lost to the magic

but can we really gauge how good they're going from who they've played so far????

Well u could argue that - but they're 27-3!!!! They've lost 3 against decent teams and they'll lose a few more to decent teams but they're destroying most of them and u can only beat who they put in front of u.
I listened to the win a again today - Bonzi Wells had a stormer but KG was huge in the 4th quarter, scoring 11 pts without missing including virtually every big bucket down the stretch, also blocked 3 shots and shut down Yao in the 4th when Pollard and Perk were fouled out. Great stuff

Good to see Rondo have another VERY steady game - 13, 9 and 5...and Pollard had 10-5 too!!

I know this is old news but I went to cricket on the weekend (after checking out the scores in the NBA) and I thought the Pistons had the game in the bag! What a come back for the Celtics - Surely that was proof they are the REAL DEAL ?!?

Just take a look at the schedule for the Celts. No reason they can't go 18 wins on the trot coming up!

vs Cha (our lucky win away but at home an easy win)
at NJ (We have NJ's measure at the moment)
at Was (Back to back nights but not a huge amount of travelling and our frontline comes up trumps)
vs Was (at home even more easily)
vs Por (In form Portland but in the Garden only Detroit have got a W so far)
vs Phi (Another easy win)
at NY (Well the Knicks are terrible as well)

There you go. Our next test after all that. Going into Orlando on an 18 game winning streak.

vs Tor
vs Min

I actually think the Nets game and the back to back Washington games will test the C's mate.

Then the inform Portland will def. make them work.

Here's something I found just then, looks like a Wolves fan put it together (KG being missed). But you can see why he was a high-school jumper!

Just love the way he used to attack the rim. Sure he was younger then, but he still has it! Wish he'd use it more, it's like he's following Dirk, turning into a jump shooter... ;)

Passed most tests with flying colours so far so no reason I should doubt them yet. Won games we should by a fair margin and still on others we have struggled in got the W as well. A sign we are a good team by any measure. We match up very well especially against the Wizards and the play of Roy is the only thing that scares me.

Ahhh what a great season it has been so far. On our way to having home court throughout the playoffs and that may well be the key.

I think Roy is in a bit of an injury slump, but Webster has been filling his shoes. Roy has also had some very bad streaks, so he shouldnt prove TOO much to handle.

Allen can be a good defender, and will guard him well.

I still think Washington will be a bit of a hurdle for the C's.

Tazcardzformerlymavsman - washington will be drilled a new one - twice. They don't play D and Boston do - hard

Nah its based on Mavs having a 'feeling' they can win. Its win win making that comment as when the Celts win both he will say 'well the Celts ARE the best team and should of won' and IF they lose he can easily say 'I TOLD YOU SO!' and look smart LOL

OK Scotty Washington should win because? Of matchups or just it being back to back games? (Last time I checked the Wiz are playing back to back too LOL) Boston taking them too lightly?

I know the Celts are good this year, but I'll stand by what I say in that the Wiz' will be hard in 2 games straight.

Last time they met, the Celts beat them by 20, with Arenas.

Still not enough to convince me.

And of course it's based on a feeling, I don't follow either teams, I don't do my research on them.

I'm not going to tell you anything if they win or lose, you'll already know it.

Last time they met, the Celts beat them by 20, with Arenas.

Still not enough to convince me.

I'm not going to tell you anything if they win or lose, you'll already know it.

:lol::lol:and it was one of those Arena's predicts a victory and says he will take care of business games too :thumbsup::D:lol:

I just hope we bring our A game and not the type we save for teams like Memphis.

And say what ya want Mavs... Save the jibes for teams like the Spurs that can't beat the Warriors even with their star players back :D

Hey I'm all for an exciting Playoffs, that means the C's will need to be up there too.

But I still think they'll drop 1/2 Wiz games.

And good call on the Spurs. If only the Suns dropped 1 today too...

Are the Celts in trouble today?

KG the only player actually playing by the looks of it.

Pierce is 1/8 (0/6 3PT)

Jason Richardson leading the way for Charlotte with 22 points. 3 mins left in the third. Still too soon to call this one as there's only 2 points in it.

yeah PP is god awful today and no Ray Allen and Big Baby Davis either playing tonight.

Dug ourselves a hole and hopefully we pull this one out as it will be a major disapointment to drop this game.

Ahhh the trolls come out and celebrate!

Geez digging a deeper hole now. Will take a miracle that wont happen today. So much for home court.

Not trolls....just havent had too much to talk about this season...;)

This win should carry me through for the rest of the year though :lol: :lol:

LOL

TO by Allen, not surprising.

PP with travelling.....

Geez everything that could of gone wrong today has. What a poor poor effort from a team that last outing made a statement.

wonder if PP will come out and say 'its just a normal game, no big deal' type of quote that Chauncey came out with after the Pistons lost.

Probably....things definitely havent gone your way today

LOL

TO by Allen, not surprising.

PP with travelling.....

Geez everything that could of gone wrong today has. What a poor poor effort from a team that last outing made a statement.

wonder if PP will come out and say 'its just a normal game, no big deal' type of quote that Chauncey came out with after the Pistons lost.

I think you'll find that Billups only said that cos the Celtics celebrated like they just won the world championship, in comparison to when the Pistons beat Boston. I just wish I had some coin on Charlotte. Anyway, you guys have only lost 4 (?) games all year. No way Boston was gonna go 79-3

Back
Top Bottom