The Official 2020 TLA NRL Traders thread.

Just had this email from TLA:

Just letting you know that Priority case is sold out and will only be available through the dealers.

That appears to mean that the cases that were due to be sold tomorrow online direct through TLA will now not happen.
Wow - that’s huge they have all gone...

I think you are right. Dealers obviously got all these and the ‘public’ never had the chance to buy. Why would you advertise this if it was never going to be the case? 🤷🏻‍♂️
True - but first time doing it and like any business you need/should ensure you play it out.
I am sure next year will be different, but great people are keen

so whats the problem with dealers getting the cases... i would like to buy petrol at wholesale - i would like to buy a house at wholesale.... but i cant. i know some dealers who buy upwards of $250,000 a year on cards and run card shops and this is there only source of income and pay rent etc with 100's of thousands of cards that never sell - so to have a go at the fact that only "DEALERS" got the cards baffles me. My 2 cents worth. some will agree - some wont

so whats the problem with dealers getting the cases... i would like to buy petrol at wholesale - i would like to buy a house at wholesale.... but i cant. i know some dealers who buy upwards of $250,000 a year on cards and run card shops and this is there only source of income and pay rent etc with 100's of thousands of cards that never sell - so to have a go at the fact that only "DEALERS" got the cards baffles me. My 2 cents worth. some will agree - some wont
Petrol and Houses are not limited in numbers...Plus TLA announced to collectors that they would be available for sale on their website

By asking the question I gather you think or hope dealers will/should sell the cases at the same price as they bought them for?
That was the RRP Quoted in this thread as to what you could buy them online for, if dealers paid that price then no I don’t expect them to sell for that, but I assume they would get wholesale on them

Petrol and Houses are not limited in numbers...Plus TLA announced to collectors that they would be available for sale on their website
available to the public if the allocation was not taken up by dealers... it was - so move on - if people want the chance to get them, then become a dealer and spend $250,000 a year.. easy

I can’t begrudge dealers getting first crack at aspects like this, after all they are a vital cog in the hobby.

The bigger issue as I see it, is the poor communication and misinformation from TLA. While they are starting to release some great cards, their ability to communicate is still terrible, not just in this instance but on multiple occasions every release. The cutting back of Predictor sets to /25, despite them clearly being marketed at /50 is crazy.

Further, I think that the reputation of TLA is a significant factor in the lack of ongoing value in NRL card releases.

Back
Top Bottom