The Official 2017 TLA Elite NRL Thread (Sell Sheet Page 10, 1/1 Preview Page 17)

I hate the All Stars cards

I just don't get the obsession with making allstar cards. Most people these days are team collectors and these don't really fit in anywhere IMO. Even if there is one person from each team in the set, they are not in team colours and in a year or two they will likely be playing for another team.

I would not even put it in my team pc.

Why not do a nines insert set, two players from each team and you could even go for some youngsters that have not had a card previously.

Players without a common card:
Luke Lewis
Inglis
Soliola
Thaiday
Lillyman
Heighninton
P Wallace
Luke
Aubusson
SKD
Pearce
Ferguson
G Cooper
Gillet
Mataulino
Widdop
Foran
Friend
Leilua
Mead
Thompson
Tolman
J Reynolds
Lussick
Segeyaro
De Belin
Guerra
Mansour
G Burgess
T Burgess
Papali
Johnston
Moylan
Radradra
Cartwright
Moses
Vunivalu
A Taylor
Milford
Peats
Korosiau
Granville

That's 42 players. Probably a few more. That's approx your 3 extra cards per team making a 12 team set.

Having now seen the checklists, I have to say the Sea Eagles offerings are seriously underwhelming. I'm sort of very glad I have not committed to any of this release to date.

Yeah. How the cheats are anywhere near this year's finals is another NRL joke.

upload_2017-8-5_17-59-10.jpeg

Does the license TLA pay work on a scale of stars to nuffies, cause there are a lot of no names in the sets and Mad Hatter et al. have pointed out there is a lot of regulars missing.
not impressed but will end up forking out to keep the PC going I guess...

I like the look of the cards, they have done a great job with the designs.

Silver parallels will look awesome signed, as did the golds from last years set.

Does anyone have anything positive to say about the release? Just to mix it up a bit...
Point taken, I'm not one to usually get on the bagging bandwagon. I was disappointed to see quite a number of the better known names missing, but on reflection it will be nice to see a few different faces get a run.

The lesser known players should be in the "Traders" release and the clubs highest profile and best players should be included in the Elite release. It makes simple sense to me, Elite means best of the best in NRL.
Unless you are a kid/family/whoever who cant afford elite cards..then they only get second tier players on their cards. I know of lots of kids who only get commons pack by pack....

Does anyone have anything positive to say about the release? Just to mix it up a bit...
Positive static to have a Bevan french Young Gun signature card, I also don't mind the concept of the crystal collection (not as a case card) and will be chasing Lewis, also like that he also has an auto aswell. I like that they added the allstars captains to the captains cards and like that they're wearing the allstars/ indigenous jerseys. Being indigenous myself I like that tla recognise this game.

The lesser known players should be in the "Traders" release and the clubs highest profile and best players should be included in the Elite release. It makes simple sense to me, Elite means best of the best in NRL.

Agreed, why not have:

Traders = 18 Players a Team
Power Play = Some stars + some lesser knowns
Elite = Best Players Available

My only down side is that the base commons in Elite are not the best of the best across all teams.

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom