The Official 2017 TLA Elite NRL Thread (Sell Sheet Page 10, 1/1 Preview Page 17)

Yeah. How the cheats are anywhere near this year's finals is another NRL joke.
Haters are going to hate, we lost plenty of cattle to get compliant. How much more can you punish a side? Do you feel the same way about the Storm who are still arguably winning from the back of their rorting as they more then like would of lost Smith to the Titans years ago.

Losing Foran, Peats and Paulo is massive (half the spine gone and our best front rower).

I think its a coaching master class from BA that has helped us and he improves players he coaches, not many teams would of looked at a Nathan Brown (Souths offered him 100k) and a guy like Gutherson who was coming off the back of 2 injury riddled seasons and we had the ticker to take a punt on him.

Haters are going to hate, we lost plenty of cattle to get compliant. How much more can you punish a side? Do you feel the same way about the Storm who are still arguably winning from the back of their rorting as they more then like would of lost Smith to the Titans years ago.

Losing Foran, Peats and Paulo is massive (half the spine gone and our best front rower).

I think its a coaching master class from BA that has helped us and he improves players he coaches, not many teams would of looked at a Nathan Brown (Souths offered him 100k) and a guy like Gutherson who was coming off the back of 2 injury riddled seasons and we had the ticker to take a punt on him.

Not a hater. And my wife is a Para supporter.

But I read this only this morning on another RL forum, and I tend to agree:

And who says cheats never prosper?

If you're a shit club, stuff going with a legitimate rebuild. Sacrifice a season, buy up talented players, build a winning a culture, and then when caught release the players you already had that you don't want and keep the players you illegally purchased. It helps even more if you're located somewhere that is a key territory in the fight between rival codes, your punishment won't be as extreme. Good tactic, full credit to the Eels for pulling it off. At least they're playing a relatively entertaining brand of football.

Eels have the softest run home. If they don't make Prelim, I think they've failed.

Yer Storm players aren't around, there still driving down the freeway towing there boats :rolleyes:

Imagine finding a boat in this?

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.52.04 am.png

I'd like a bag with a few packets of 2017 Elite. Not asking for much, am I?

We started the season with 5 away games out of 6 and done plenty of travelling in the first 12 weeks of the comp, it had to level itself out eventually. No other club or fan was complaining how hard our run was then so why complain about it now being easy??

We have lost plenty of players through injury during the course of the season for patches (Norman, Jennings, Gutho, French, IDG, Kaysa Pritchard, Scott) but players keep coming in and doing the job that is required.

We started the season with 5 away games out of 6 and done plenty of travelling in the first 12 weeks of the comp, it had to level itself out eventually. No other club or fan was complaining how hard our run was then so why complain about it now being easy??

We have lost plenty of players through injury during the course of the season for patches (Norman, Jennings, Gutho, French, IDG, Kaysa Pritchard, Scott) but players keep coming in and doing the job that is required.

Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 11.58.40 am.png

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think you will find Ruby Mojo's now sit at $200 (some lower) and Sapphires struggle to crack $600 with some of the less popular teams fetching $400.

The last time we had All Stars as a subset was 15 Elite and we all know what a poor release that was. I think the odds for the AS parallel will be similar and these were 1:7 boxes or so. The prices on these struggle to fetch $50 now (JT included) but I think the parallel version, like the WCHP from 14 will hold a bit better.
Yeah it's unfortunate that the cards don't hold value for ESP as they have some great designs

And Merrin had a dragons signature card in 2014 elite from memory?

Thats right... to be honest forgot that card existed as i have only been paying attention to Panthers cards as of late. All i can say is glad i didnt put my name down for a heap of boxes in this series - player selection isnt too good across the board
Cheers
Brplat

$9 a packet and maybe half the box or more with only a silver parallel WOW and only A impact and captain set as low subsets

$9 a packet and maybe half the box or more with only a silver parallel WOW and only A impact and captain set as low subsets
Guess if you don't like the product you can always just go to the secondary market or not collect at all

7.99 is RRP, buying a box from a dealer makes it just over $7 PP

On the face of it, I feel that they have missed a trick. Some excellent sets, designs look top notch but a low end set based on a couple of players is different. If they had included rep teams in the Crystal Collection that would have been a bit better but I think that these could have been a set via redemption like the WIL from 14 Elite

Back
Top Bottom