The Offical Spurs v Cavs NBA Finals Thread

Who will win and in how many

• Total voters
No, but they would be down 2-1 at least, much better than 3-zip... Game 2, they were definately outplayed, Game 1, Spurs got away with some things, but they probably played better, and Cavs didn't deserve to win, but Game 3, Cavs were robbed...

The Cavs were robbed of having a chance at LeBron hitting 3 shots; he is not a great FT shooter, so thats not a given, especially with the pressure.

If he hit the all shots, Cleveland wouldnt have won; OT would have started. Granted the Cavs probably would been on a roll, but if Anderson Varejao wasnt a spastic and threw the ball back to LeBron, you could have won it in regulation.

My belief is that the Spurs are more patient and willing to wait than the Cavs; that comes with experience, even the younger players on the Spurs team, such as Parker and Ginobili have already been in 2 NBA Finals, and in Ginobili case, played numerous times in important games for Argentina and in European league. Oberto is a 10 years plus professional in Europe as well as a international vet.

and James loses the ball again; thats the 3rd time LeBron has lost the ball with very little to no pressure...

Varejao flops as much as Ginobili; sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesnt. Duncan got a offensive foul on him before, and this time Varejao didnt get the call.

Bullcrap!!! Varejao gets shoved to the floor, no call! Then the Spurs get the ball, FOUL!!!

Calm down my friend...

Varejao's one of the most faked players in the finals..

.. didn't mean to offend u, that's what commentators are saying... he just wants to draw fouls.. because of him, referees are a bit pissed and giving favours to San Antonio since game 2.

he even tried to draw foul against LeBron James coz he thought he was fouled by a spur.. and I saw him going down more than entire san antonio spurs went down in game 2...

I downloaded 2 versions of game 1 and 2... analysts and commentators are making fun of Varejao's hitting the flooor, literally..

That's what CAVs need to do, be real and play hard like their leader.. I can only see LeBron James, Gibson and Snow are giving 100%... BigZ. Gooden and Marshall are not playing at their level at all..

cavs never really had a chance against spurs. also duncan didnt played his usual stellar final stats which may have help cavs stay on some of the game.

Varejao flops as much as Ginobili; sometimes it goes your way, sometimes it doesnt. Duncan got a offensive foul on him before, and this time Varejao didnt get the call.

Ginobili always tries to draw fouls on others too.. Raja Bell is another one to name a few.

No wonder i don't like Ginobili.. but i was hoping spurs didn't sweep the series.. now all the hardwork from LeBron against Detriot will end up like dirt.. and Western conference will lose more respect to Eastern conference..

Not much cause everyone know it was going to happen. Seriously it's the Cavs, they had no chance:thumbsup:

yeah i know they had no chance i thought maybe 4-1 but they didnt even get 1 game. also thats probably 1 of duncan's worst final series but thanks to parker they won it still. if they were playing the pistons of 2003 it would have been a different outcome. lebron will bounce back wid this lost and become a better player by learning to take over a game and dont pass the ball if the games on the line.

thats what the cavs get for beng too excited to be in the Finals....

i think the NBA needs to have a better look how the playoffs work.....im sick of this East vs West thing......i think they should have the 2 best teams playing against eachother in the Finals...not first round or semis....

I gotta say, I wasn't entirely disappointed with the Spurs winning, they are the better team, but not like this... The Spurs got too many soft calls, the Cavs got Jack... Congrats Spurs, but I still feel robbed... Also, I think last years finals ruined this years, coz Wade got so many soft/phantom fouls that the next year Bron had no chance, even though he got mugged. I still think Bowen's nothing special, even I could guard Lebron if I was given as much defensive leeway. But the Spurs role-players stepped up, the Cavs role-players didn't. I mainly couldn't stand the Duncan/Parker/Spurs love-fest by the commentators...

will this be lebron's only chance at winning a championship? if u think about it alot of team are preparing to take over spurs like jazz,suns,mavs,etc. i felt that the east is becoming to weak to even put up a challenge against the west. i reckon they should abandon the east and west crap and starts using the nfl,mlb and hockey seedings.

I gotta say, I wasn't entirely disappointed with the Spurs winning, they are the better team, but not like this... The Spurs got too many soft calls, the Cavs got Jack... Congrats Spurs, but I still feel robbed... Also, I think last years finals ruined this years, coz Wade got so many soft/phantom fouls that the next year Bron had no chance, even though he got mugged. I still think Bowen's nothing special, even I could guard Lebron if I was given as much defensive leeway. But the Spurs role-players stepped up, the Cavs role-players didn't. I mainly couldn't stand the Duncan/Parker/Spurs love-fest by the commentators...

Jesus, i'd hate to see your comments if you were disappointed with the Spurs winning :blink:

Well Done Boys! I picked a Spurs-Cavs Finals Series before the start of season, with the Spurs winning, and they back me up.

Hopefully LeBron can get a better, or maybe more consistent, supporting cast. Snow, Marshall and Big Z are really slowing down are nearly finished, but Gooden, Gibson, Hughes, Varejao, Pavo and Brown are a decent bunch. I reckon we will see the Cavs back there soon; possibly next year if the Bulls can't figure out there inside scoring problems and Detroit break up.

you really are a sore loser buddy...you were whinging about calls when the cavs were down 2-0 to detroit and youre still going? cavs were NEVER going to win...

Well done to the spurs, as much as i hate the spurs, i hate the cavs even more, not one player on that team i like, at least the spurs have Parker that i dont mind :thumbsup:

Yeah, I agree with your comments about the Cavs players: Z, Snow and Marshall definately slow the Cavs down, and I think Pavs, Gooden, Gibson, and Varejao are keepers, although I think with Varejao's play and Gooden's contract, Drew's become somewhat expendable... Hughes is a fairly good player when healthy physicly/psychologicly, but I'm starting to see that;s once in a blue-moon... Brown has been good teaching defence, but when the Cavs need offence, he just seems to stand there with his jaw dropped, like he has no clue. He also uses time-outs irresponsibly for the most part, to the point that when the Cavs need a time-out at the end, they rarely have one available... BTW, you seem to think my reactions so far have been unwarranted, so just answer me this, please: do you think the cavs and Spurs were refereed the same? I think not, and most people seem to think the Spurs got the majority of the calls. As I already said, if they are the clearly better team, why do they need the calls going their way also?

I was "whinging" when the Cavs were down 2-0 to Detroit, because Lebron got once again mugged, and fouled on a game winning/tying shot with no call. Some of you people seem to think the refs are a protected species when they stuff up! Why is that???

you really are a sore loser buddy...you were whinging about calls when the cavs were down 2-0 to detroit and youre still going? cavs were NEVER going to win...

Well done to the spurs, as much as i hate the spurs, i hate the cavs even more, not one player on that team i like, at least the spurs have Parker that i dont mind :thumbsup:

I think not, and most people seem to think the Spurs got the majority of the calls. As I already said, if they are the clearly better team, why do they need the calls going their way also?

Well, i don't really think so...

spurs got the calls as well.. you just didn't really notice..

IMO, spurs may be favoured because of last year's Wade's effects.. as well as this year Varejao's plays.. Verejao just seems to go down on any contacts with any players.. when you see a player isn't playing his heart out and trying to draw fouls like regular season, referees may be irritated from his actions.. varejao is a good player, nice rebounder, but not hard working player. Cavs should have known it wasn't the time to draw fouls..

FYI, ginobili led personal fouls in both teams from game 4..

Sometimes, some players really annoyed me because they sometimes want to ruin the flow and intensity of the game... i am sure referees may feel the same way too...

I havent seen games 1 or 2, but the game was offiated fairly evenly..so unless the spurs got some huge major calls away from home, then Im not sure what to say to axeman

bowen plays defense within the rules, you can bump and grind a little, as long as its not excessive. he doesnt reach and he moves his feet and hands better then anyone - its the NBA, not a social comp, and contact is allowed that isnt excessive

do you think the cavs and Spurs were refereed the same? I think not, and most people seem to think the Spurs got the majority of the calls. As I already said, if they are the clearly better team, why do they need the calls going their way also?

I watched all four games, I don't think neither team got preferential treatment.

That argument aside, the cavs were swept 4-0, if that's not an indication that spurs are the better team, I dont know what is

The last few plays of the last game cavs were turning the ball a lot, that has nothing to do with refereeing. In one occasion - LeBron even lost the ball and there was not a single spur on the TV screen (perhaps Bowen purposedly spat on that spot so LeBron would slip?? -> I love conspiracy theories like this)

will this be lebron's only chance at winning a championship?

I don't think it is. I would like the Cavs back in the finals next year and in the coming years but they got to surround Lebron with consistent offensive players. I can not name anyone in their line up who can give Lebron scoring help every single game.

This was their line up to play against the Spurs!!! (it's really a joke if we will think that they will win the championship.)
POS--- STARTER ------------ BACKUP
PG---- Larry Hughes --------- Eric Snow
SG---- Sasha Pavlovic ------- Damon Jones
SF---- LeBron James -------- Ira Newble
PF---- Drew Gooden --------- Donyell Marshall
C----- Zydrunas Ilgauskas --- Anderson Varejao

They should let go Larry Hughes, he was good when he was with the sixers but not anymore. He's always injured.

They got good 3 pt shooters in Damon Jones and Marshall (not enough) but they dont give these guys more minutes unlike the Spurs have around 6 players who can knocked down the 3's consistently and only Robert Horry (16mins) plays less than 20 mins a game in the regular season...

They need someone strong in the middle and I couldn't decide who to let go between "Z", Gooden or Varejao. Maybe replace them all! :)

They can give Gibson a chance next year as a starter. He rattled when he started in game 3. If they start him right in the begining of the season, he might be ready in the playoffs as a starter.

The should keep Pavlovic. :thumbsup: He's electrifying on offense (like Manu) but needs to work more on the defense.

Congratulations to the SPURS!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Back
Top Bottom