The Offical Spurs v Cavs NBA Finals Thread

Who will win and in how many

• Total voters
Spurs are too much, too deep, too experienced.

The experience and strengths on offense of the Spurs will get the Cavs; they both have great defensives, but the Spurs with Duncan inside, Parker in the lane, Ginobili doing some 3's, a bit driving and some mid range shots, along with Oberto and Elson getting some 2nd chance buckets, Horry, Finley, Bowen and Barry nailing 3's, the Spurs will just grind the Cavs out; as Trey also said, they had a week off; to come and defeat a team by double digits is pretty big.

That said, the Cleveland LeBrons will pinch a game or 2 in Ohio, but the Spurs have the last 2 games at home; that will make the difference if it comes down the wire.

oh, and Id like to discuss the Lebron/Oberto clash...

I know Ive played in games where you wouldnt get that call! Lebron didnt know where he was going, he just dropped his head/shoulders and wasnt aware of his surrounds...

while "technically" it can be a foul, I can understand why it was a no call. If Oberto took a charge, it would have been closer to an offensive foul, than a defensive - so just letting it go was probably the right decision.

My prediction still stands, TP9 2007 NBA Finals MVP.

As long as i like Tony Parker and collect him.. I don't think he is going to win MVP if they win championship...

As far as i know, Tim Duncan only had a couple of games that's not double double. and Tony Parker already admitted that, he has to win championship this year because he thinks without major signging in spurs (looks like he's not going anywhere after marrying texan lady), there will never reach finals in 3 years...
meaning, he can't do it alone, he can't do it with manu.. coz bowen-duncan may be there, but won't be playing at the highest level..

But There are 3 or more games left, I think about 5 games left, if he can turn things around signnificantly, who knows.....?????? but i think after German win for regular season beyond Cadadian's two MVP.. it will be a big hard for NBA to consider major trophy to French..:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the finals mvp is decided by the fans? as during the broadcast they showed a number you can txt?

I cant imagine it not going to timmy...even if tony outscores him all series, timmy draws so much attention, always gets the big blocks and boards...

Cavs were disapointing, this was the game they had to take and had the best chance to because of san an's rust. But to loose by double digits with the bench playing most of the 4th is a very bad sign.

and was still pretty happy about the way the Cavs contained Duncan and Parker (Parker really only after Lebron started guarding him).

Did you watch the same game as I? parker had 27/7 and duncan 24/13+ 5 blks & 2 stl's!!!!! How is that containing them???? When the cavs highest scorer is gibbo @ 16 pts which is what the spurs 3rd highest scorer got off the bench (Ginobili):crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :lol:

Very disappointing showing for the King today

Game 2 more than likely will decide whether he is royalty yet or still has a way to go

Noticed the Spurs get away with a few calls for change today! (extreme sarcasm)

Duncan's push off into Verajao's back for the "sealing layup" was blatantly obvious!!...no call

Nah Parker won't get it. Why? Because it's like giving it to Harris/Jet Terry instead of Dirk.

They have a "leader" and he's the one who gets credited the most.

dont worry about LeBron.....serious it reminds me of Reggie Miller in the 2000 NBA Finals.......Reggie had a poor game 1 in the Finals.....then made the necessary adjustments to shoot much better. LeBron will learn from this and do the same. But they only lost by 9 points and LeBron wasnt playing well....its still positive for the cavs standpoint.....

the spurs are showing their playoff experience, i cant see them losing this series...

Well, I think LeBron will have tough time in San Antonio...

for me, Lebron James is already a great player.. he plays hard and he brings his poorly executed entire team to finals.. Without winning the title or not, LeBron James is biggest player in NBA..

I am sure he will get some wins in Ohio, and make the world realise how good he truly is...

lets not forget last yeah the heat were down 2-0 and then won 4 straight to win the title........and the cavs did that agains the pistons as well...down 2-0 then came back...but yeah who knows what is going to happen hey....i just really hope its not a sweep, i hate sweeps....the last sweep in the finals was 2002 Lakers vs Nets....that was a boring series

It is very frustrating watching San Antonio's 3rd quarter run, picking off Lebron's passes and forcing him into bad shot while the Cavs repeat the same play over and over. I think the Cavs should be ashamed of themselves yesterday.

It is surprising that Mike Brown made no adjustments at halftime, Lebron continued to get the ball up top, he atttempts to go left and right past Bowen, SA help defense comes just as he beats Bowen, he made a pass to a teammate too used to watching Lebron drive to the hoop, teammate took a quick contested shot. The same formula carried on for good 5 minutes when the lead turned from 5 to like 15.

One timeout later, they still have no answer. Only near the end of the game did I see something good, the injection of Gibson into the game. His speed was amazing, his shots were on the money everytime.

The Cavs will do a lot better if they first of all get rid of Larry Hughes, at least demote him to the bench with his injury and him being a choker in big games. Then play a speedy point guard alongside James, like Gibson, who is also a scoring threat. He will draw defense away from James and also penetrate and create shots for others.

Hopefully the Cavs can be more competitive next game. It makes better viewing for me during my lunch break at work. LOL

I too reckon Gibson should get more minutes, but the problem is that he's a rookie - and if things go wrong, rookies don't get the blame, it's the coach

well, the problem is not with cavs. it's with spurs..

now, most of the play-offs games, ginobili will enter the game when all other 5 starters played first 7-8 minutes with heaps of pressure.. ginobili will have no pressure and he will start scoring...

it's pretty obvious, but i hope cavs can take spurs to game 6.
otherwise, it will be so boring to finish the play-offs too early.

Back
Top Bottom