The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Allan Border basically laughed in the first few overs (I believe Billy Stanlake was on) noting "who'd want to be a bowler?" in T20 and had a giggle about it.

Tells you what you really need to know.

It's fast, it's frenetic and it brings in fans.

The result didn't bother me in the least, except at the end it did, because I got to rib some Kiwi mates and associates. But otherwise, for me, just pizza and fun night in.

Lucky blokes catching one-handed crowd catches for $50k too!

So there's could be a chance England or new Zealand can win the series with only 1 win

Nooooooooo!!
Alex Blackwell has stepped down from all forms of the game!! Waahhhhhh!
I wish her well in retirement, but a beautiful player and person on/off the field#raiseyourbat!

Bron

Last edited:
Well, Australia’s Test series against South Africa begins tonight - and what an intriguing series it promises to be! The visitors have named an unchanged XI from the one that defeated England at the SCG in early January.

Live coverage begins on Fox Sports tonight as well as live radio commentary on SEN!

What are your views on the series? I am NOT predicting anything :)

Well, Australia’s Test series against South Africa begins tonight - and what an intriguing series it promises to be! The visitors have named an unchanged XI from the one that defeated England at the SCG in early January.

Live coverage begins on Fox Sports tonight as well as live radio commentary on SEN!

What are your views on the series? I am NOT predicting anything :)
I can't wait! As I write this message Foxtel is being installed here - just in time for the first ball of the series :D

I'll have a go at some predictions:

Series Result: Australia win 2-1
Most runs (Australia): David Warner
Most runs (South Africa): Dean Elgar
Most wickets (Australia): Pat Cummins
Most wickets (South Africa): Kagiso Rabada

With it so dry I'd have had Maxwell over M Marsh but can live with it.

Cam Bancroft must certainly be waiting for the tap ESP with Renahaw back in the runs in SS. Still, got a good nut from Philander.

Bloody Warner. Had to edit post.

3/95 at lunch.

Big wicket - Smith gone.

In BBL news, Nic Maddinson has signed with the Melbourne Stars - I wonder if that is a precursor to a full move interstate. Seems on the outer at Cricket NSW.

Argh, great innings from Mitch Marsh but such a shame he couldn't quite get his ton. Nonetheless, positive signs that we aren't relying on Warner and Smith to the extent that we have been in the recent past.

And as I type, Lyon holes out and we're all out for 351. Very competitive score I reckon!

I went to bed 6-8 overs in to SAF innings with them going at 4-5 runs per over.

Woke up this morning and checked score and refreshed about a dozen times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Aussies on fire in this second innings. Awesome run out by Warner to remove AB and boy oh boy the guys were pumped up. Reading some of the comments from SA fans on the cricket.com.au Facebook page after Aussies first innings is exactly the reason I don’t mouth off too early. Some of those guys are looking like real idiots now lol.

Dear David Warner (AKA “Davey” or “The Bull”, previously AKA “The Reverend”),

Lean forward and listen closely, for I will say this only once.

Here’s the thing, old bean: You are the father of two very young daughters. As it stands, they will reach adulthood and - when your career ends - read and hear mostly negative opinions and critiques from your modern-day teammates, opponents, cricket fans and journalists.

It is no secret that you are immensely disliked by a large section of the cricket community. It is to your distinct disadvantage of course that almost all of your disciplinary breaches, episodes and associated outbursts are now recorded on film - stored for posterity, as they say. However, for every positive with you, there is inevitably comes a negative. Frankly, there are too many of them in an international career which has spanned a decade or so.

Your behaviour during the Durban Test - particularly the gutless, appalling, imbecilic torrent of abuse directed at Aiden Markram - is amongst the worst I’ve seen from an Australian cricketer in my 28 years of following the game.

What you don’t quite grasp is that unless you change your conduct, you are a very serious accident waiting to happen. You don’t know when someone is simply going to snap, either on the field or off it. Again, though: would you have had the courage to “verbal” Virat Kohli in the same way that you did to Aiden Markram? What about Ben Stokes? Carlos Brathwaite or Kieron Pollard? I suggest not.

When next you take to the cricket field - hell, when next you publicly represent your country - think of those two toddlers that you so adore. Is the current version of David Warner the one they will be proud of in years to come?

Sincerely

Matty76

I don't know why Test cricketers can't STFU.

They're all bad as one another but David Warner is a special kind of twerp.

That his powers seem to be on the wan tells me he needs to get all agro to compensate. He's always been a bit of twit but I hope Smith reads him the riot act.

A bit of karma for Davey too after dogging autographs for years bwah ha ha ha.

DING DING DING DING DING!

Round two of “Handbags at ten paces” begins tonight at Port Elizabeth, home of one of Australian cricket’s most famous Test victories. http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/...d-Test-australia-tour-of-south-africa-1996-97

Mark Nicholas has written perceptively on the events of last week, I think it is a read that you would all enjoy:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22696762/not-softer-game-look-kinder-one

Anyway, let’s just hope that a deep breath will be taken by the protagonists before battle begins shortly.

Back
Top Bottom