Tell me something I don't know.......

wow i no some guys that get gout .......crazy crazy pain they say..

I obviously don't know what childbirth is like, but it's got nothing on gout! Searing intense pain even if you drop a sheet of paper, or a grain of sand on the effected area. Incurable and worst part is you never know when the next attack is on its way.

I obviously don't know what childbirth is like, but it's got nothing on gout! Searing intense pain even if you drop a sheet of paper, or a grain of sand on the effected area. Incurable and worst part is you never know when the next attack is on its way.

Damn! Sorry to hear that Skip!

Isn't gout from drinking too many beverages of the alcoholic variety?

It's one of the factors that can trigger an attack. Gout is a hereditary condition found mainly in men which basically is an arthritic problem. Small crystal like substances accumulate in the joints because the body can't process foods high in purines properly which leads to elevated uric acid levels in the body. Most doctors suggest trying to manage it by avoiding foods and drinks high in purine content which includes offal, seafood, red meat and alcohol. Also best to keep well hydrated which is why alcohol is especially bad for it and any sort of diuretic. All I know is it hurts like hell! ...and yes, too much alcohol would bring on an attack for me possibly the next day or in a few days after that generally speaking.

:woot:;););)
I did, for the past 8 years, but now i work at Coke.
Just temporarily until a new lab opens up next year.

Right now im just enjoying as much Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Powerade, Nestea, Mt. Franklin, and pump as i want.
Free all shift long =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

There is even a @kiwi_in_melb fanta flavour, really its just called Kiwi lime.:kick::kick::kick::kick::kick::kick:

If anyone has any questions on manufacturing id be happy to try and answer.

Mate, what's the syrup recipe for coca cola? Just between us yknow ;)

Wh
Here's something that up until last night I didn't know about myself...

It pains me greatly writing this on an open forum, but I feel getting this admission off my chest will bring me closer to curing this affliction.

So on Sunday I decided to go through my Paypal/Credit card history over the last couple of years and highlighted all my hobby related expenses... this has been something that I've been too lazy/scared to do previously. In the last 12 months alone I've spent:

AUD$51743 (at the current exchange rate)

The year prior was:

AUD$28239

Add another ~$10-15k in cash purchases over that period (mainly at Dandy markets)

I was literally close to tears staring at the cold, hard numbers. However, I still have a great love for this hobby and find it immensely rewarding and enjoyable. So the ultimatum: no more box breaks for me and I'll be thinking hard about which cards go into my PC from now on.

Great to read everyone's stories and backgrounds and I'm sorry for my shameful & sobering contribution :oops:
What job do you have? And are they hiring lol :)

Back
Top Bottom