TeamCoach 2015

Do you like the design of TeamCoach more than last year

• Yes

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
Well! Teamcoach 2015 has began! Better get busy! Looks like there are Auskick Mastercode tags to keep aware of. The good news is that it is far more collectible than the Auskick cards.

As noted, they made the right choice this time around in regards to the silvers and golds designs. Also some interesting looking cards out there. Just a pity no Superheroes, unless there's something special going on there.

Looking at the trend, I get the feeling that it's one prize card for each team that is available. There looks like there will still be 3 cards per team, but one of each team is exclusive only to the album (Then again, I get the suspect feeling you can perhaps win the album prize card if you really want to). I guess the major purpose is basically to make it easier to get a team set. You only have to worry about getting two of the prize cards to win, the third one you can trade.

I think the point about codes being even easier to access also suggests how much harder it is going to win this time around now that more people have access to the better players.

The good news is, I think there should be an easier time getting 18 of the prize cards. The bad news... getting the other 36. Well, I know my strategy, Melbourne first, because the popular teams everyone's gonna get.

In other news, where the heck are the 2013 prize cards? How is it so difficult to get the 2013s? It's just amazing to think that in the era of the '3 card prize,' you have one year where finding at least one of the prize cards is a hard enough task.

Semi bad news as I've pulled Menzel and Yarran from the 3 albums I've bought. Unless they made a mistake I think more than 1 per team are available.

Where is this website? Meant to be open today!

Semi bad news as I've pulled Menzel and Yarran from the 3 albums I've bought. Unless they made a mistake I think more than 1 per team are available.

Where is this website? Meant to be open today!

I just took a look. Looks like there's two prize cards per team. So that makes things even easier. 36 Prize cards to get through the albums, 18 (one per team) that are game exclusive.

That is a weird decision, but at least it makes things easier.

Nice review footyfan13.

Ahhh 2013 what a year!! Sticker cards, 3D cards, launch of the app...and all manner of issues with that and the website. From memory another very late release (surprise, surprise) and changes to the game rules where it was only the Top 20 round winners who got prize cards, not the Top 25.

If you were lucky enough to score a prize card it was usually late, or the wrong one, and also mumblings that one of the prime 'leakers' wasn't involved with TC (or so the story goes!). Some prize cards did find there way to ebay, but nowhere near as many.

So you got a sense that 2013 was a bit of a shambled, and I also seem to recall that the overall supply of cards seemed lower than normal and they seemed to run out of boxes quite early.

The prize cards also seemed to be in short supply. My son won one in the last few rounds, and got sent the wrong one, and when we contacted TC, were told none of that card he wanted were left. (Can't remember what card it was now - too many brain cells ago!)

The 2013 prize cards still pop up now and again on eBay, but nothing like prize cards from other years.

Of course the more obvious question is why are there so many prize cards from other years that just seems to appear out of nowhere?? :whistle:

So in hindsight maybe 2013 was the year where TC treated the prize cards like real prize cards, and the supply was limited.

Of course with this year's release of cards with codes that unlock all players in a team, and prize cards in albums you can't help wonder if TC haven't copped flak from parents about their little darlings not being able to play the games because they can't get the 'good' players and they never can win a prize card.

Or their little darling's Avatar is never voted as the best Avatar to win a prize card either, or they can't 'win' one from the random basis that TC seem to award prize cards on the site for no apparent reason.

Maybe they have created a rod for their own back, if parents don't see their little darlings winning a prize card, they won't buy any more packs. I mean we seem to be giving in a world where every kid in a class has to win a merit certificate at least one during the year. Everyone's a winner baby!:kick:

But having prize cards available upfront is strange, but I guess we'll have to wait until the website opens to find out what the new TopStats game is and how prize cards are won, and if they are the same as what's in the albums. It's all a bit much, I might need to lay down for a while.:rofl:

....and no you can't have a pic of that! :lol:
Nice review footyfan13.

Ahhh 2013 what a year!! Sticker cards, 3D cards, launch of the app...and all manner of issues with that and the website. From memory another very late release (surprise, surprise) and changes to the game rules where it was only the Top 20 round winners who got prize cards, not the Top 25.

If you were lucky enough to score a prize card it was usually late, or the wrong one, and also mumblings that one of the prime 'leakers' wasn't involved with TC (or so the story goes!). Some prize cards did find there way to ebay, but nowhere near as many.

So you got a sense that 2013 was a bit of a shambled, and I also seem to recall that the overall supply of cards seemed lower than normal and they seemed to run out of boxes quite early.

The prize cards also seemed to be in short supply. My son won one in the last few rounds, and got sent the wrong one, and when we contacted TC, were told none of that card he wanted were left. (Can't remember what card it was now - too many brain cells ago!)

The 2013 prize cards still pop up now and again on eBay, but nothing like prize cards from other years.

Of course the more obvious question is why are there so many prize cards from other years that just seems to appear out of nowhere?? :whistle:

So in hindsight maybe 2013 was the year where TC treated the prize cards like real prize cards, and the supply was limited.

Of course with this year's release of cards with codes that unlock all players in a team, and prize cards in albums you can't help wonder if TC haven't copped flak from parents about their little darlings not being able to play the games because they can't get the 'good' players and they never can win a prize card.

Or their little darling's Avatar is never voted as the best Avatar to win a prize card either, or they can't 'win' one from the random basis that TC seem to award prize cards on the site for no apparent reason.

Maybe they have created a rod for their own back, if parents don't see their little darlings winning a prize card, they won't buy any more packs. I mean we seem to be giving in a world where every kid in a class has to win a merit certificate at least one during the year. Everyone's a winner baby!:kick:

But having prize cards available upfront is strange, but I guess we'll have to wait until the website opens to find out what the new TopStats game is and how prize cards are won, and if they are the same as what's in the albums. It's all a bit much, I might need to lay down for a while.:rofl:

....and no you can't have a pic of that! :lol:

Cheers.

You are correct about that. There were some major leaks for 2011, and 2012 (GWS seemed to be an exception, those are genuinely hard to get.) I remember them restricting the winners as well, so they were even harder to get. Didn't get a single one that year.

It’s weird though, I have the full set of 11s, 12s, and about to fully complete the 14s, yet I have about 5 teams from the 13s. I know of exactly one guy that has the full 2013 prize set, and I can tell you that set is probably the most valuable of the Teamcoach prize sets. But yeah, 14s were easier to get than 13s, and with 15s being the 2nd easiest to date (I get the feeling you’re correct about the parents complaining, because considering what I have been seeing on eBay, and what I know, getting these prize cards is serious business. I also agree with you with the ‘Everyone’s a Winner’ deal as well.)

Either way, the 13 prize cards were indeed like gold, even more so if you’re a fan of the lesser teams. I’m just hoping there is someone out there that has those 13 prize cards, and are willing to sell. My 2013 Prize collection is looking very pathetic compared to the other years.

I don't think you can win a prize card from guessing the margin right anymore, as it states on the website that prize cards can only be won from
Footy Quiz, Top Stats, 4Star & 10Star games, or in the Avatar Competition.

Last edited:
I just took a look. Looks like there's two prize cards per team. So that makes things even easier. 36 Prize cards to get through the albums, 18 (one per team) that are game exclusive.

That is a weird decision, but at least it makes things easier.

There have been 3 prize cards (with images) for some teams appearing on eBay over recent days, notably:
Hawthorn - Gunston, Breust, Mitchell
West Coast - Naitanui, Priddis, Shuey

They get posted and sell quite quickly - a case of now you see then, now you don't!

So can only assume there are at least 3 prize cards per team, but we have only been seeing generally 1 or 2 for each team being identified on this forum or seen on eBay.

So all prize cards must be in the albums, with at least 3 per team. Goodness know what the prize cards are going to offered for playing the online games.

Maybe when (if??) the site opens we might get some idea. I think TC must be using another Timezone to determine when the 2 April actually is - maybe using USA time!

Prize cards are the same as what has been appearing in albums - 3 prize cards per team.

At the bottom of the 'Prize Card Locker Room' page it says 'Play 4 star, 10 star and the new TopStats to win'.

Oh geez, I was wrong. I just saw all three Eagles Prizes. So you can just merely get them from the albums... Well, good news! Maybe I can get every single prize card before the game officially opens. I've already got Devon Smith, now to get the other 53!

But really, that is very disappointing. I mean, I can understand if there was one of each team that you can get in albums, I can certainly see why, but the full set? As a Teamcoach fan from the very start, I can't help but feel there's something very wrong when the prize cards are the album cards.

I honestly will not be surprised if there are some guys that will sell the whole prize set in one shot. This seems to be the easiest way to claim a full set since 2001, where you didn't even need to prove you had the cards to win the set!

Dang, this is going to be the easiest year ever to get the absolute complete master set. Not that I'm complaining.

I just got on the site. It's glitching a fair bit, but I just saw something about the Superpowers competition... but when I saw it, it said Round 21 is about to close. Now that I refreshed it, it's now Round 2, and any reference to the Superpowers is gone.

Jumped on and running slow with every team coach collector on there. I saw the super power thing as well. It was definitely something planned for this season.. but has fallen over for some reason. Shame as team coach needs a rare card to make it even better.

Yes, saw the super power comp reference as well on the loading screen, but it indicated a closing date in 2018. So obviously a few years off yet :)

I can't claim the same number of years of experience as footyfan13 as we only jumped onboard in 2006 or 2007, but the prize card arrangement has changed a lot since then. In those days it was based on gold cards and those had to be sent into TC to claim the prize, which was a complete set of prize cards for your team, and it was basically a complete alternative set of cards. At the end of the season the top ranked players over the course season got a complete set of alternative set of prize cards for all teams (Ahhh...memories...like the corner of my mind!)

Since that time the collection has become more & more focused on kids, and just round by round, with no overall season winners.

So now in 2015 with all the prize cards in albums you wonder why you'd even bother playing the online games. Let's be realistic - how can anybody predict the stats of players for this new TopStats game?

I would have thought that providing 1 prize card per team in the album would have been appropriate, but by making them all available what it has done is effectively kill off the profit margins in the so called 'secondary market' as the prices of these prize cards are now nowhere near as horrendous as in previous years, when people are bidding for limited cards.

So maybe that is a good thing, but it may also means that people start withdrawing from buying cards to participate in the secondary market, which no doubt over time will impact on TC's sales.

Simply relying on mums and dads buying packs and albums for the little darlings is not going to drive sales in the long term.

But as Matt26 indicated on one of the other threads on this forum, TC have a gaming card license for their releases, so there will always have to be a game, and any game must have prizes, and ultimately winners and losers. Making everyone a winner with everyone getting a prize card does little to prepare kids for the realities of life. Life is not like Auskick were you don't keep score and there are no winners or losers.

So if you step back and look at this there is a bit going on with this release, and how TC positions itself for the future. In my own mind this release is going back to the pre-2013 days, with no gimmicks like stickers, glow in the dark. Maybe that's a good thing, but will it hold the kids interest??

So after those deep and meaningfuls...when is the existing iPad/iPhone app going to be updated or a new 2015 TC app released?????

In the meantime as the website requires flash, there are ways to run in on an an apple device, but you will need to get an app to do that such as Photon, and fiddle a bit with the options to get it to run. But it's do-able. More details about that at http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/how-get-flash-ipad-3460979/

This has been a community service announcement.... :)

I haven't collected teamcoach for 10-12 years, although I saw them this year, picked up an album and some packs and it brought back some great memories. Just wondering how the website works in terms of the games and is it the top players who get the prize cards or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks guys for any help

I haven't collected teamcoach for 10-12 years, although I saw them this year, picked up an album and some packs and it brought back some great memories. Just wondering how the website works in terms of the games and is it the top players who get the prize cards or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks guys for any help

Welcome back to the fold bjk16 :)

Usually it is the top 20 game players with the highest scores in the round that win a prize card. However with the changes to games for 2015, the info 'pop up' on the prize card page section provides the following overview in terms of how many cards are available for each competition

image.jpg

So basically for the top 4 game, if your picks of the afl players available to you for the specific positions (based on what you unlock via entering the codes) for the round are the highest scoring players in the round you win a prize card (as long as you are in the top 20 of top scorers).

The player points in the round are based on a system of points being awarded for certain disposals, etc, eg each goal is worth 6 points, a kick is 3 points (?), hand pass 1 point, a ruck tap out 1 point, etc.

So if the highest scoring players in the round were Birchall (back), Ablett (midfield), Riewoldt (forward) and Mumford (ruck) and you had picked all, or some of those, as part of your Top 4 you would normally stand a good chance of being in the top 20 and getting a prize card.

Hopefully that is as clear as mud.

Yes, saw the super power comp reference as well on the loading screen, but it indicated a closing date in 2018. So obviously a few years off yet :)

I can't claim the same number of years of experience as footyfan13 as we only jumped onboard in 2006 or 2007, but the prize card arrangement has changed a lot since then. In those days it was based on gold cards and those had to be sent into TC to claim the prize, which was a complete set of prize cards for your team, and it was basically a complete alternative set of cards. At the end of the season the top ranked players over the course season got a complete set of alternative set of prize cards for all teams (Ahhh...memories...like the corner of my mind!)

Since that time the collection has become more & more focused on kids, and just round by round, with no overall season winners.

So now in 2015 with all the prize cards in albums you wonder why you'd even bother playing the online games. Let's be realistic - how can anybody predict the stats of players for this new TopStats game?

I would have thought that providing 1 prize card per team in the album would have been appropriate, but by making them all available what it has done is effectively kill off the profit margins in the so called 'secondary market' as the prices of these prize cards are now nowhere near as horrendous as in previous years, when people are bidding for limited cards.

So maybe that is a good thing, but it may also means that people start withdrawing from buying cards to participate in the secondary market, which no doubt over time will impact on TC's sales.

Simply relying on mums and dads buying packs and albums for the little darlings is not going to drive sales in the long term.

But as Matt26 indicated on one of the other threads on this forum, TC have a gaming card license for their releases, so there will always have to be a game, and any game must have prizes, and ultimately winners and losers. Making everyone a winner with everyone getting a prize card does little to prepare kids for the realities of life. Life is not like Auskick were you don't keep score and there are no winners or losers.

So if you step back and look at this there is a bit going on with this release, and how TC positions itself for the future. In my own mind this release is going back to the pre-2013 days, with no gimmicks like stickers, glow in the dark. Maybe that's a good thing, but will it hold the kids interest??

So after those deep and meaningfuls...when is the existing iPad/iPhone app going to be updated or a new 2015 TC app released?????

In the meantime as the website requires flash, there are ways to run in on an an apple device, but you will need to get an app to do that such as Photon, and fiddle a bit with the options to get it to run. But it's do-able. More details about that at http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/how-get-flash-ipad-3460979/

This has been a community service announcement.... :)
Great post
Surely prize cards are only worth as much as albums now?

Great post
Surely prize cards are only worth as much as albums now?

Agree, although no doubt it is going to depend on who the player on the prize card is and the team itself.

I would say that the Lance Franklin prize card this year will always command a higher prize than some others, just because it is him, and Collingwood cards always seem to have a level of premium pricing attached.

Back
Top Bottom