TAB1980’s MASSIVE Random Pack Break (Win Prizes)!

20220924_213249.jpg

1998-99 Fleer Brilliants - Are these the first chrome cards from Fleer? These aren't too bad! The Eddie Jones is a blue parallel 1:3 and the Vince Illuminators 1:10.

i like the concept of these but they mostly just are meh - I haven’t seen any of the 24k gold cards in hand though but the packs I opened were disappointing overall and they started to get a curve/ warp after a few I stored them in a 500ct box

I love anything Penny- he was my main collection growing up, I have around 200 of his (mostly 1993-98) so it's cool to see some of the cards from later years pop up.

Also was an Eddie Jones fan/ minor collector, so I liked seeing him get some screen time - just socks when you think you've pulled a Kobe!

20220925_201410.jpg

1999 SP Top Prospects - Not bad looking cards with a simple looking design. My one big issue is that it's almost impossible to read the players names. The Vital Signs is not that special... 1:7. No idea if Jelani Gardner made it or not?

20220925_203117.jpg

1999-00 Upper Deck Ionix - These are super glossy. These aren't too bad but maybe a little too busy for my liking. The way they've written "basketball" several times in the background is a bit unnecessary for mine. The Tracy McGrady is a "Reciprocal", not sure what exactly it is referring to? Pretty long insert list for these as well so it would be interesting to see what some of the other inserts look like.

20220925_204749.jpg

1999-00 Upper Deck SPx - Moving away from the die-cut/ hologram cards from the previous two years these still look ok. They have a premium feel like the Ionix. The Jordan insert is 1:9 so not very rare but still a sweet looking card!

I had to get Dickey Simpkins into the photo just for the name! 😅

20220925_210117.jpg

1999-00 Upper Deck Retro - Cool looking set! Very retro look as it should be. Very light on the gloss. Lots of opportunities for nice auto's and numbered cards in this set as well. Unfortunately a couple of the packs had some very rough corners. Shaq didn't make this photo for that reason. At least the Kobe is ok!

20220925_204749.jpg

1999-00 Upper Deck SPx - Moving away from the die-cut/ hologram cards from the previous two years these still look ok. They have a premium feel like the Ionix. The Jordan insert is 1:9 so not very rare but still a sweet looking card!

I had to get Dickey Simpkins into the photo just for the name! 😅

That MJ insert looks good!

Back
Top Bottom