TAB1980’s MASSIVE Random Pack Break (Win Prizes)!

20220924_003503.jpg

1997-98 Skybox EX 2001 - Super cool looking cards. Combination of acetate and cardboard is very different. I actually thought these were all acetate! I think for a premium set, Skybox did exceptionally well with these for a number of years. These must have been very popular at the time?

The Mailman feels like he's been everywhere tonight!

For some reason this bottom right hand corner of the Mailman in this image looks to be in terrible condition but in reality it is not.

Firstly, thanks to @TAB1980 for this thread - the highlight of each evening!

Secondly, I’ll throw my hat in the ring with my favourite base set - 1990-91 Hoops - the first set I collected as a kid. Plenty of other cool sets before and since but I can’t go past them. David Robinson ROY, Sean Elliott RC, start of the resurgence of San Antonio…

Firstly, thanks to @TAB1980 for this thread - the highlight of each evening!

Secondly, I’ll throw my hat in the ring with my favourite base set - 1990-91 Hoops - the first set I collected as a kid. Plenty of other cool sets before and since but I can’t go past them. David Robinson ROY, Sean Elliott RC, start of the resurgence of San Antonio…

Thank mate. Much appreciated. 1990-91 Hoops is a good choice being a famous set and even still relevant today.

20220924_194332.jpg

1998 Upper Deck SP Authentic - Looks like a nice set. Base cards are a simple design and have a premium look and feel. The Future Watch looks good too.

It is a little difficult to read the players names though.

20220924_195352.jpg

1998-99 Skybox Thunder - Interesting design to these base cards. I think they're ok but i don't love them. The Boss is an embossed insert 1:16. No Noyz Boyz unfortunately.

Gathering from reading the back of the Ron Mercer insert it appears this is his rookie year?

Still not having much luck with the quality of players in these inserts... it only takes one though!

20220924_201703.jpg

1998-99 UD Choice - For a Collectors Choice design i don't mind the look of these base cards. Once again, the "Mini Bobbing Heads" (pictured) and the "Draw your own card" crap i could do without. The "Flash Stats" is a subset. Apparently Wesley Person has "Flash Stats" so this must be about a 200 card subset...

But this product was popular for the "Starquest" inserts. Even though the Tim Duncan is the most basic version of them, they look pretty cool and i can see why people would collect them, especially the sequentially numbered versions.

20220924_202935.jpg

1998-99 SP Authentic - Classic look for these base cards. Pretty happy to see another Jordan since i thought these would be harder to come by now except for those sets that have about 20 of his cards in the base set that are basically worthless.... there are 10 in this set for example numbered 1 - 10.

Back
Top Bottom