Sydney Swans Fan Day Autos.....it was a very good day!

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hi everyone,

As some of you may know, I am a huge Sydney Swans fan and have been making custom cards for my PC for about the last month. I had some success last week with getting one of these cards signed by Adam Goodes so I took my chances with getting some more signed at the Swans Fan day at the SCG.

Lets just say the results were spectacular! Got all the players I wanted on all of the cards I had made.

Adam Goodes (from last week)

GoodesKellyville.jpg

Shane Mumford - Didn't say much but had to stop him from signing on the jersey piece.

mumford.jpg

Kieran Jack - Seemed like a really cool guy.

Jackfanday.jpg

Josh Kennedy - One of my favourite players and had a quick chat with my 2 1/2 year old son who shares the same name. Really nice guy.

JKfanday.jpg

Ryan O'Keefe - Seemed really interested in the card and said he hadnt seen one like this before. I told him about the cards I was making and he seemed cool with it.

ROKfd.jpg

Jude Bolton - Loved the card and commented about the jersey piece in it.....he gave my son a high five too and was definately a great guy!

Boltonfd.jpg

Finally, there was this final card which I made last night in the hope I could get it signed.

I waited in the line for about 30 minutes for Goodes and the Swans people were saying the players have to leave for other commitments and had about 2 minutes left to sign....I was about 10 people back from the table and was lucky to be one of the last ones to get him to sign. The auto looks better in person than in the scan and its probably one of my favourite cards of all time.

Adam Goodes - Brownlow Medal Scripted Swatches

GoodesBrownlowFanday.jpg

I had a great day and so did my son despite the 30 degree temps and being out in the sun. The Swans put on a great day and every player there would sign for you and all of them had textas at the ready.

Will definately be back next year!

Hope you like em, I do!

Cheers
Matt

Wow great work Matt....they must look awesome in hand.......cannot wait for my carlton ones ;)

nice one :) it sounds like they really look after their fans ! Got to love a club like that

Got to say it was a very well done day.....every player had a texta and all of them were approachable for autos.

Even when they cut off the line for the organised autos they were handing out Goodes signed posters to those who missed out. Very impressive stuff!

damn my missess just saw the ryan okeefe one and went nuts! shes a big fan! (of him and your custom cards!) good work mate there amazing!

damn my missess just saw the ryan okeefe one and went nuts! shes a big fan! (of him and your custom cards!) good work mate there amazing!

Got to say he was a real top bloke to have a chat too......a few of my mates mrs love him as well! Ill hide that one from mine.

A lot of people haven't taken to Paul Roos since he has been in the media - for whatever reason - but you can see and hear a lot of him in the Swans players, young and old. The likes of Brett Kirk, Adam Goodes, Ryan O'Keefe, Jude Bolton, Jarrad McVeigh are just 100% quality. No wonder the Swans are referred to as "everyones 2nd favourite team".

they are great looking cards! How do you make them?

I would love to get a few Geelong ones before some of the older blokes retire... Scarlett, Enright, Chappy, SJ, Bartel, Selwood

Would love to do the young guns themed ones aswell for the likes of Menzel, Duncan, Christensen, Vardy, Smedts, Guthrie & Motlop

They are absolutely outstanding Matt. Now they are signed they are even better. Stunning!!

Back
Top Bottom