Stupid card grading

After seeing the @GarnettFan4Life post of the base Durant PSA 6, I couldn’t resist starting this thread. Please post the most ridiculous grading choices either you own or have seen. I’ll start off with this beauty. I bought it for $8 and only reason I bought it was that it wasn’t much more than a raw card. As you can see the bottom right corner is stuffed. Who on earth sends this to get graded! It’s not even his actual real RC from the set!
Great idea for a thread mate - jsut knwo that I;ve heard horror storie sof guys sending in hat they think ar epristien cards only for them to be graded a 4 or 5 and the only ocnclusion drawn is that some sausage fingered goon at a grading comapny has more or less mishandled or dropped the unpotected card at some point. Just based on the process invovled this must happen more often than peopel realise or care to think about....

....and everything counts as a RC these days, the little shield tells me so! hah hah hah

I've got some Grant Hills that got 5s here - 5s are normally surface creases and still for the life of me I can't see an issue with them. I'll try and dig them out and take some photos.

There was a youtube video with a behind the scenes look at SGC from memory and some of their equipment which picks up creases and folds undetectable to the naked eye. I;d imagine all the big card gradign compaines woudlhave the same bit of kit. Probably explains what happened to your Grant Hills with surface flaws, akthogth soudns like a big drop to go all the way to a 5.

Here it is mate:
View: https://youtu.be/_YNOs6Xu80w?t=968
starting from 16:08

....and fyi, I can;t stand that guy or Sports Card Investor, tu the behidn the scenes look was good to see.

Great idea for a thread mate - jsut knwo that I;ve heard horror storie sof guys sending in hat they think ar epristien cards only for them to be graded a 4 or 5 and the only ocnclusion drawn is that some sausage fingered goon at a grading comapny has more or less mishandled or dropped the unpotected card at some point. Just based on the process invovled this must happen more often than peopel realise or care to think about....

....and everything counts as a RC these days, the little shield tells me so! hah hah hah
@hairyangryfella submitted a wilt auto that would have been at least a 9 but they bent it when they took it out of the top loader....ruined.

@hairyangryfella submitted a wilt auto that would have been at least a 9 but they bent it when they took it out of the top loader....ruined.
...and form what I;ve heard nobody on the receiving end ever receives any compensation. Too many grey areas or judgment calls in between submission, handling, process and return for my liking. Easier to just buy a graded card if that;s what you're into - especially now with grading prices being what they are and the flippers leaving the scene.

...and form what I;ve heard nobody on the receiving end ever receives any compensation. Too many grey areas or judgment calls in between submission, handling, process and return for my liking. Easier to just buy a graded card if that;s what you're into - especially now with grading prices being what they are and the flippers leaving the scene.
nup, no compensation, they flat out denied out and he got screwed over.

I reckon my grading from PSA gets pushed back a month every month.

I was worried about getting slugged with huge bills but these delays with PSA have been a godsend. Cards are worth sweet FA now anyway

Haha cheers mate that Danny Ferry certainly is one for the ages! :lol::lol::lol:

I'm pretty sure every Ben Simmons card is a rookie card, which makes me wonder why he wasn't a ROY finalist this year... :ermm:

Just saw this posted online

278799938_4902849089811815_6642608287040719528_n.jpg

Anyone remember that comc account where the guy had graded 100's if not 1000's of junk era stuff? A lot of it was in super rough condition as well. I wish I could remember the username

Back
Top Bottom