Storing Autographed cards and folders...

Brplat

Penrith Panthers 3-PEAT 2021/2022/2023 Premiers
Real Name
Loz
eBay User
Brplat
Hi guys, just came across this How to Protect Baseball Cards and Baseball Memorabilia (with pictures) - wikiHow (yes i know its a basketball article, but it would still apply to any trading card)

"Store the rest of your cards in plastic sleeves in a sturdy binder. Always store your binders flat. Upright storage might look better on a bookshelf but standard-thickness cards will warp in an arc over time."

Is that statement true? will standing card binders upright warp the cards? :blink:. How does everyone else store their card folders? ive got mine upright at the moment but i honestly find it hard to believe that standing the folder upright could cause damage.

Also while im at it ill bring up the issue of displaying autographed cards, mine have 0 sunlight on them, however i would assume the light in my room would hit the cards. The cards in question are in ultra-pro magnetics and on ultra-pro card holder stands. I am considering putting a bit of glass over the front of where i display my cards (they are on a shelf and i was going to put abit of glass over the front so nobody can bump them over or touch them but me :lol:). Im wondering if a regular lightbulb could cause serious damage to my cards in this environment. They are in the ultra-pro holders and soon to be under glass.

However with this whole post i might just be abit paranoid :lol: just worrying about how im storing my cards. Any opinions please post them below
Brplat

I think there is some merit to the issue of storing binders upright, i know that with my 1995 binder the weight of the cards and pages means they are not straight.........I think I might try storing them flat??

i think i will keep mine upright for now as i only have 4 decent folders standing upright atm and all my top cards are not stored this way (i use magnetic touch holders for those :thumbsup:)
Anyone else have any sort of imput?
Brplat

Standing cards upright in folders does bend the cards, found that out with set cards kept in folders upright in boxes for storage, lucky for me those sets were crap cards but none the less they did bend, the cards in the middle and the top. The ones on the bottom didn't however.

If your worried about light affecting the cards you can get ultrapro onetouch have the UV protection on them, some guys are selling them in the Basketball section of the forum and cheap as well. They work a treat.

dam it :cry: i had all my cards stored and out of the way now i gotta find another home for them
Brplat

Back
Top Bottom