Socceroos in BrisVegas...

axeman23

OzCardTrader
Can't go to the game Saturday as I was having trouble finding more than 3 to go with who were willing to part with enough dosh for good seats, so I was looking for another opportunity to meet them somehow. Then on my way to work this morning, I pick up the paper and find out they'll be in the mall from 11-1:30, and I'll be working... NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Then out of the blue, I get a call from my sister who's not working tonight and has nothing to do in the mean-time... Touchdown!

So, she goes to Rebel Sports for me, buys a socceroos scarf and heads into town. While she's on the way there she makes a few calls to people in the journalist field, gets the number of the agent who's in charge of their itinerary, and calls him hoping to find out when and where is a good place to get a few sigs. The "lovely chap" tells here bluntly that they'll be appearing on stage talking, but WON'T be signing anything, and not to try...

So she goes anyway, waits for them to finish talking and gets ready to pounce. The players mill around for a bit, but are shunted away from the crowds and back towards their next stop. But my sister had already found out their next stop, so she took off ahead of them and waited. One of them must've noticed her from the mall appearence, so he walked over, said hello and asked her if she wanted something. So she held out the scarf and her pen, which the player signed and then a few other players came over and signed also. Then she saw another group of the players making a dash out the door, so she chased them to their bus. Another guy, I think it was Lucas Neill, heard her running up, so he turned around, said hello, and signed the scarf before handing it to a few other players to sign. She said she couldn't find Timmy Cahill, but she got 7 or 8 sigs, including Neill and "the goalie", Schwartzer... :D

On top of that, my mate who's a duty manager at one of the hotels here called me and tells me the Aussie soccer team are staying at his hotel. So tomorrow I'm gonna see him after work and hopefully meet a few of the boys... Not a bad day, after all...

Hell yeah.

I read at 12 on lunch that they would be appearing in the city, normally my wife (who is on hols atm) would go in and get me stuff but she was too busy to get it :( Spewin.

Socceroos and Wallabies items are the only things missing from my sports memorabilia collection...They're my "white whale" I guess :)

Make sure you post pics of the scarf. Wish I knew what pub to be at tonight ;)

Mark.

wow that is so sweet! i would love to meet them, anyone know when they will bein syd. for any appearance b4 wed. game?

Back
Top Bottom