Slow Panini Redemptions

What would the cost be of having one or two full timers on the road chasing down the players to sign, or even a representative in half a dozen key cities that's part time? Surely that would mean more sales as there are less sticker autos and redemptions to offset it?

As with any business, you closely monitor metrics to measure performance in key areas.. Surely Panini have a metric that shows amount of outstanding redemptions across their different products.

I'd LOVE to see those!

For private card signings, I remember reading a suggestion from another forum that, instead of just having card company officials, it should also include someone from the NBPA for witnessing these events, especially many officials there earn so much money for doing very little. I am not sure if that "especially" part is true, but there is no doubt that with someone from NBPA in addition to the company officials, it will instantly increase the credibility of the autograph authenticity.

3 redemptions sent out to me on the same day, in separate mailers, postage on each was $6.50?? Can't be right can it?
If so, that is crazy, they are on their way to bankruptcy.

3 redemptions sent out to me on the same day, in separate mailers, postage on each was $6.50?? Can't be right can it?
If so, that is crazy, they are on their way to bankruptcy.

That is what I got the other day, postage worth more than the card!

I currently have about 20 redemptions for my Court Kings set

I have around 8-10 redemptions being processed. I have some that have been there since May '13.

I don't mind waiting @Panini Blog for my cards but it would be good if we could get an update or an expected date on when the cards may come in. This is hard though as Panini wouldn't even know themselves when the players are expected to sign their cards they have sent out.

This is what I received in the last few days from Panini direct regarding the waiting times on redemptions:

We are still waiting on the autographs from that player. With redemptions we have a contract with the player. It does not however allow us to place a time frame on the athletes. The player’s agent will set up the signing with him around their own scheduling. When the signatures are done and returned to us then we process and send them out. After the 4 month wait has expired, the customer may request that we send out a random pulled card of equal (current) Beckett value as a trade or may continue waiting for the actual card. Panini America will not replace a card without the customer requesting a replacement be shipped. Please let us know if you would like any of your four month or older cards to be replaced by creating a general information ticket and referencing the request numbers (for example: 123456) for each card or by calling 800-852-8833 and letting a representative know the ticket number you would like to be replaced. Thank you and have a great day!

I have another theory about why redemptions are so slow. Yesterday I received a redemption card in the mail, almost exactly 4 months after I redeemed it. The card was not autographed, it was just a draft pick card and i've seen many other copies of the card months ago so I know they existed already.

I think what Panini are doing is intentionally delaying redemptions to try and encourage us to keep buying new product, to fulfil our cravings. The 4 month wait means we don't get the thrill of having the nice hit in our hands, so we look elsewhere and bust more product. Also, when you get a card in the mail after 4 months, almost all the excitement is gone - so once again we look elsewhere to get the rush of a nice hit (buy more product). Since they have the monopoly, this only ever works in their favour. I can't think of any other reason why it would take 4 months (and almost exactly 4 months, every single time) to send me an unsigned card, other than rationing my supplies to keep me interested.

Conspiracy theory anyone?

possibly, I think with the 2011-12 Gold Standard Golden Futures they produced more redemption cards than the autographed card itself. Why else would they only a month ago be sending out a second lot of jimmer fredette autos when the first lot went out months ago. I'm pretty sure that Kyrie's Golden futures was in the last redemption report they posted, again - a card already live and in the market. It would also explain why mine have not been fulfilled despite the cards being on ebay for weeks and months now. These XRCs were assigned to players at random, so i think the actual product print run they took a stab on qty (ie none were short printed or serial numbered)

I have around 8-10 redemptions being processed. I have some that have been there since May '13.

I don't mind waiting @Panini Blog for my cards but it would be good if we could get an update or an expected date on when the cards may come in. This is hard though as Panini wouldn't even know themselves when the players are expected to sign their cards they have sent out.

This is what I received in the last few days from Panini direct regarding the waiting times on redemptions:

We are still waiting on the autographs from that player. With redemptions we have a contract with the player. It does not however allow us to place a time frame on the athletes. The player’s agent will set up the signing with him around their own scheduling. When the signatures are done and returned to us then we process and send them out. After the 4 month wait has expired, the customer may request that we send out a random pulled card of equal (current) Beckett value as a trade or may continue waiting for the actual card. Panini America will not replace a card without the customer requesting a replacement be shipped. Please let us know if you would like any of your four month or older cards to be replaced by creating a general information ticket and referencing the request numbers (for example: 123456) for each card or by calling 800-852-8833 and letting a representative know the ticket number you would like to be replaced. Thank you and have a great day!
This must be a generic email as I received exactly the same one

Back
Top Bottom