Slow Panini Redemptions

BigAl83

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daniel
eBay User
beller20nba
I dunno whats up with the Panini redemption department but the last 2 months i have received not one fulfilled redemption!?!
I still have quite a few of 11-12 Limited and Gold Standard xrc pending, and also some Kemba Walker and Dion Waiters cards.

I just dont understand why its taking them so long to get guys like Kemba, Shumpert, Kawhi etc to sign the 11-12 xrc's, while they do have them sign new NT, Immaculate, Flawless etc.

I also really felt Panini was on the right track with their customer service, but i feel they have been slacking again lately. Asked for replacements on some cards early november (email to CS and David Sharp), but so far no replacements and not even a response to my email.

They do that nice excel/pdf update on their blog on friday with redemptions that will be shipped out the following week, but out of the 13 pages its usually filled with 12 pages of earlier released crap to make it look like they have put in a ton of effort to get redemptions fulfilled.

Anyone else also experiencing a decline lately?

I have been back in the hobby for a year and only received 2 out of over a dozen redemptions - and nothing in the last 3/4 months. And all the players I'm waiting on have autos in later releases that aren't redemptions :mad:
Now that I remember how many unfulfilled ones I have I am annoyed!!!

I've received 6 or 7 in the last few weeks, mostly from B grade rookies but one Durant auto. All of them took at least 3 months to process, and some of them weren't even autos so I have no idea why they took so long.

Still got over 20 redemptions processing.

The last few autos I have received have been in that horrible blue marker that bleeds into the card and looks all blurry (past & present autos). :(

Still waiting on 2 kyrie autos, hopefully I see them some day.

Well I have about 150 redemptions alot from 11-12 gold standard and I wonder why cp3 doesn't sign any cards.
I heard he avoids panini lol pretty crap for his followers and fans the least he can do is sign them for them.
But panini is becoming annoying with the waiting from cards from 2 years ago and have new released cards with them signing.

Yep I'm waiting on some 11-12 gold standard too. Faried hasn't signed the 11-12 limited but has the gold standard which I don't get. Mike Conley I've been waiting 8 months for. And Carlos Boozer they were happy to release parallels signed but not the base variation auto. What the!?

Since I started collecting again mid-last year, I've lodged 28 redemptions. I've had 2 scrub Nolan Smiths and a Will Barton redeemed.

Biggest waits are Immaculate Kyrie RPA, Vince Carter, Jimmy Butler,

Sh1t thing is, I got a Will Barton panini elite auto redeemed, but they couldn't get him to sign the friggin quest auto which would be a sticker!!! *facepalm*

They r RUBBISH!!! No contact no matter how many time you attempt. Seems cards is the only retail area where this is acceptable.

I...HATE...REDEMPTIONS!!!!!!!!

Same story here, been waiting on one Ceballos auto for over a year but he has only had sticker autos and there have been quite a few others released in later products... go figure...

Who would of thought that by putting 876535678000000 redemptions in hobby boxes they wouldn't be able to keep up???

I had three Kevin Love redemption's . One took 7 months the others 4 months.

Utter joke when they were all crappy sticker autos.

It all comes down to availability of the players. Panini now has the players come to their dallas offices to sign all autos and not every player has the time to sign all of the autos. Yes, I realise there are cards out that have been been signed and released after the exchange cards, but that is to avoid even more redemptions. so, unless the player lives in dallas during the off-season or plays in dallas, it's really down to when they can get into the dallas offices.

It all comes down to availability of the players. Panini now has the players come to their dallas offices to sign all autos and not every player has the time to sign all of the autos. Yes, I realise there are cards out that have been been signed and released after the exchange cards, but that is to avoid even more redemptions. so, unless the player lives in dallas during the off-season or plays in dallas, it's really down to when they can get into the dallas offices.

If this is the case, I hope that it turns to be for better now that all signings are witnessed by Panini representatives.
Panini (and many companies before them) used to just mail many of the cards to players to sign and return these cards by mail - needless to say, it allows room for controversies (i.e. someone else signing cards on behalf of players).

I used to work for a company that would partly be in the memorabilia game. It was a well known fact "even management" confirmed to me that the said sports star wouldnt sign his autograph he would get his girlfriend to sign them all as he did have the time.

We are talking about 1,000s of autographs

I used to work for a company that would partly be in the memorabilia game. It was a well known fact "even management" confirmed to me that the said sports star wouldnt sign his autograph he would get his girlfriend to sign them all as he did have the time.

We are talking about 1,000s of autographs

If that's true, its a disgrace. A total 'up yours' to the fans.

Back
Top Bottom