Shipping help please guys...

chadjaja

On the way back!
Real Name
John Holmes
OK I want to get a card being sent here insured and don't know what price to factor in??

I've had stuff arrive before insured but haven't had to pay for the postage etc. I want to make sure the seller doesn't give me some astronomic bullshit figure.

It would have to cover $500US+ if that helps figure it out??

Any help is appreciated guys.

Gemz bud, you might know this???

EDIT!

Just got an answer. About $16US or so

I can get it using EMS (courier) and insured for around $21US so I may go with that.

Better to take less risks. Paypal covers you only so much.

Thanks guys! LOL

Any stories of experiance using either is good though :D :D :D

Hey Chad, I've had a lot of card shipped Airmail before with insurance to $300. It only cost me the USPS Airmail cost plus about $6 for the insurance if that.

Are you getting something light? (one card) or a lot of stuff? I don't think you can get insurance if it's under a certain weight.

Yeah it would be just the one card. On the website it says anything under .5lbs so I think min weight wouldn't be a problem.

Seems as usual we are paying too much for shipping from the US :evil: :evil: :evil:

Man that pisses me! Especially when they're not willing to even negotiate. I think we should start reporting them to eBay, not that much will happen though. At the end of the listing process in Aus, there is a small contract at the bottom of the page stating that only reasonable shipping fees must be negotiated for overseas bidders, etc, etc. Don't know about US eBay though. You pay $6-$11 in some cases and the envelope turns up with 0.97c on it :evil:

Some people I have dealt with are genuine and have just guessed a shipping price, then when I point it out they promptly drop it for me without hassle and apologise.

Yeah same.. I won a cheap Bogut auto and the guy charged me US$12 for shipping.. i told him nicely that I always get cards from overseas and the actual cost is only between $1-3.. so he charged me $6. :evil:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. I first have to find what I'm after and get it. I just wanted to be able to factor in and budget shipping on such a card.

Back
Top Bottom