ShipMyCards - USA Address and Shipping Service

hot dang, these guys are good. paid for delivery on wed. arrived today. had some 'fragile' stuff that i was a little worried over, but the packaging was about as professional as it gets...

Last edited:
hot dang, these guys are good. paid for delivery on wed. arrived today. had some 'fragile' stuff that i was a little worried over, but the packaging was about as proffesional as it gets...

That's awesome. Have you got any photo's of the packaging?

Also, I'd love to see a cost breakdown as I will soon be shipping over 100 individual packs and the cost of that is freaking me out a bit!

That's awesome. Have you got any photo's of the packaging?

Also, I'd love to see a cost breakdown as I will soon be shipping over 100 individual packs and the cost of that is freaking me out a bit!
sorry, i just threw it all out...
the cost will depend on the service youre going to use? also depends how the cards are stored (i.e. graded cards need more space etc.). cant imagine itll be too much tho...but i guess that depends on what youre expecting to pay?

sorry, i just threw it all out...
the cost will depend on the service youre going to use? also depends how the cards are stored (i.e. graded cards need more space etc.). cant imagine itll be too much tho...but i guess that depends on what youre expecting to pay?

Isn't there a charge per lot? Like a picking fee?

its the same fee you pay when the item first arrives. at 100 cards, the majority of that must already be paid...?
the only 'issue' i have found with the site (and this is nit-picking, not a genuine complaint), is that you cant see a quote from multiple services. pretty sure fed-ex is a bit more, but not even COVID can slow down their deliveries.

@TAB1980

Boxes well sealed with plenty of protection inside.

SMC Box1.jpg
SMC Box2.jpg

Would just like to relay a small story regarding SMC.

Had a card arrive in my account. The sender had used two base cards in top loaders as protection. They scanned all 3 cards into my account and charged me $5, not $2. I left a note immediately regarding this and they rectified the situation within hours. Excellent service!

You go to your inventory and request a shipping quote for all or part of your inventory you wish to get shipped at your shipping method selected at the time. Or you can request it be shipped. There is fee for your cards to be pulled. You have to have enough credit in your account.
Hope that helps.
Vern

Had an interesting interaction with SMC recently, with a somewhat unexpected response. I'd be interested in some other opinions to see if I'm being reasonable.

I had 3x cards purchased from eBay posted to SMC (Oregon). After three weeks of them being delivered, but not appearing in my inventory, I raised a ticket explaining the missing cards. The cards were found a day later and entered, with the reply from customer service reading " item has been located and added ".

The $8 OR fee was then charged.

I contacted customer service and drew their attention to the previous ticket and said it seemed unfair that they misplaced the cards but still charged the full rate for their services. The reply from customer service was "There are still fees for items that are processed through the service. Especially if it is sent through Oregon first." case closed.

My experience with customer service would call for a quick apology or waiving of the fee, or both. Or there is the possibility that I am I just being petty here, keen for opinions.

Had an interesting interaction with SMC recently, with a somewhat unexpected response. I'd be interested in some other opinions to see if I'm being reasonable.

I had 3x cards purchased from eBay posted to SMC (Oregon). After three weeks of them being delivered, but not appearing in my inventory, I raised a ticket explaining the missing cards. The cards were found a day later and entered, with the reply from customer service reading " item has been located and added ".

I contacted customer service and drew their attention to the previous ticket and said it seemed unfair that they misplaced the cards but still charged the full rate for their services. The reply from customer service was "There are still fees for items that are processed through the service. Especially if it is sent through Oregon first." case closed.

My experience with customer service would call for a quick apology or waiving of the fee, or both. Or there is the possibility that I am I just being petty here, keen for opinions.

100% petty.

I'm guessing this was over the Christmas break?

I had a returned card take a while to upload also, meanwhile the buyer got their refund and I still hadn't seen the card.

100% petty.

I'm guessing this was over the Christmas break?

I had a returned card take a while to upload also, meanwhile the buyer got their refund and I still hadn't seen the card.
Early December, not quite the Christmas break, but definitely a busy period. Thanks for the opinion, certainly appreciate the viewpoint. 100% seems a little harsh, would you consider 90% petty?

It's not a complaint about the time, if it takes them a few days longer over the festive season to update the inventory, not a big one. But this was 25 days post-delivery without update, and only updated and tracked down when I raised the issue. Seems the service they offered wasn't delivered to its full extent.

The only times I have had things not show up in quick time frames is when the sender hasn't put the correct details on the address e.g. just putting ship my cards and no C/O name.

If that was the reason there was a delay then there isn't much smc can do until a ticket is raised and would say the fee is even more well deserved for having to dig through all the other unassigned work.

Would just like to relay a small story regarding SMC.

Had a card arrive in my account. The sender had used two base cards in top loaders as protection. They scanned all 3 cards into my account and charged me $5, not $2. I left a note immediately regarding this and they rectified the situation within hours. Excellent service!

Had a similar thing happen where I was charged $7 instead of $4 from memory — was corrected straight away when I raised a ticket.

Personally, I think you are being a bit petty.

Yes, they made a mistake and their service was below the usual standard/timeframe they offer. But, as they state they are still providing that service. They have still gone through all their usual steps and incurred all their usual costs and as you have not mentioned otherwise they have not overly inconvenienced you beyond raising a customer service ticket.

Could they have waived the fee or offered a discount? Of course, but, I for one do not feel they *have* to.

At some stage "customer service" has become "a-business-can-not-make-a-minor-error-ever". Businesses are still operated by humans and that means sometimes things can go wrong. If they can be alerted and the error rectified in a timely and acceptable manor then in my eyes it is no harm, no foul.

As with most things I am probably in the minority on this!

The only times I have had things not show up in quick time frames is when the sender hasn't put the correct details on the address e.g. just putting ship my cards and no C/O name.

If that was the reason there was a delay then there isn't much smc can do until a ticket is raised and would say the fee is even more well deserved for having to dig through all the other unassigned work.

Yep same here. Only issue I've had was when the C/O was left out by the sender.

Another time I got charged $5 for a $2 fee, but as soon as I raised a ticket this was fixed immediately without any problems.

Had a big box of goodies delivered to me by SMC and will share a couple of points that surprised my first SMC experience
1. If you're sending to Oregon, SMC can charge higher than what is indicated on their price sheet. If the seller thats sending the package to SMC has packed into a bigger box (which is totally out of your control) then you could be charged a higher amount because SMC just forwards that box to their Oregon address without opening or repackaging anything. So i got charged 70 USD by SMC for a package containing 5 nba boxes when i thought the rate for 5 boxes sent to Ore would be 30 USD.
2. The shipping quote request is not accurate for big orders. My package to be shipped via fedex cost just over $300 USD but when I got a shipping quote before, it was under 200 USD for fedex. When I queried this, the response i got back was "main difference is your quote was estimated at 27 pounds...your actual shipment weight close to 43 pounds. This is almost double the weight. Quotes on large items are very difficult to quote accurately until everything is packaged up." So not sure why i'm paying for a shipping quote but its only 3 bucks so not the end of the world
3. If you receive damaged cards or boxes from an order, then you''re pretty fked as by the time you get the cards/boxes from SMC, the ebay protections would most likely have lapsed. SMC pictures are pretty low quality so cant see much detail. I realise you can pay extra to get a scan but the fact you have to pay extra is a bit ridiculous and adds up (not sure why this isnt added into the normal workflow so items get photographed/scanned with higher quality pictures as we all have phones that take HD quality pictures). Also photos/scans may not pick up everything either so beware you may not have much recourse if you received damaged items.

Based on the above there isnt much transparency on costs. Lets say for example if I had a 20 boxes sitting at SMC, I wouldnt know how much this would cost to send to me. I also dont know how much extra it would cost me if i decide order another nba prizm box as this could affect my decision ie if the additional box would only cost me $5 extra in fedex fees (on top of SMC fees) that i might go ahead whereas if it tips me over another $100 then i might not be worth it. In an ideal world, this would be good to know but might not be practically possible

Packaging by SMC was really good. Ended up spending alot more on SMC fees than i thought i would

Had a big box of goodies delivered to me by SMC and will share a couple of points that surprised my first SMC experience
1. If you're sending to Oregon, SMC can charge higher than what is indicated on their price sheet. If the seller thats sending the package to SMC has packed into a bigger box (which is totally out of your control) then you could be charged a higher amount because SMC just forwards that box to their Oregon address without opening or repackaging anything. So i got charged 70 USD by SMC for a package containing 5 nba boxes when i thought the rate for 5 boxes sent to Ore would be 30 USD.
2. The shipping quote request is not accurate for big orders. My package to be shipped via fedex cost just over $300 USD but when I got a shipping quote before, it was under 200 USD for fedex. When I queried this, the response i got back was "main difference is your quote was estimated at 27 pounds...your actual shipment weight close to 43 pounds. This is almost double the weight. Quotes on large items are very difficult to quote accurately until everything is packaged up." So not sure why i'm paying for a shipping quote but its only 3 bucks so not the end of the world
3. If you receive damaged cards or boxes from an order, then you''re pretty fked as by the time you get the cards/boxes from SMC, the ebay protections would most likely have lapsed. SMC pictures are pretty low quality so cant see much detail. I realise you can pay extra to get a scan but the fact you have to pay extra is a bit ridiculous and adds up (not sure why this isnt added into the normal workflow so items get photographed/scanned with higher quality pictures as we all have phones that take HD quality pictures). Also photos/scans may not pick up everything either so beware you may not have much recourse if you received damaged items.

Based on the above there isnt much transparency on costs. Lets say for example if I had a 20 boxes sitting at SMC, I wouldnt know how much this would cost to send to me. I also dont know how much extra it would cost me if i decide order another nba prizm box as this could affect my decision ie if the additional box would only cost me $5 extra in fedex fees (on top of SMC fees) that i might go ahead whereas if it tips me over another $100 then i might not be worth it. In an ideal world, this would be good to know but might not be practically possible

Packaging by SMC was really good. Ended up spending alot more on SMC fees than i thought i would
Thank you so much for your feedback for us and other users. We are getting together a list of upgrades now that we will be working on with our Web Developer.

1) The Oregon forwarding costs is out of our control, until we expand and have a team in Oregon instead of just the forwarding service. We have been going back and forth on continuing to allow the Oregon forwarding for larger items as this seems to be an issue more recently with collectors sending Large boxes or large items and not thinking of the forwarding costs prior. We have some ideas on establishing an Oregon team where we can completely process and then ship consolidated packages, but not ready to pull the trigger yet. We are trying to find a best solution for all.

2) Shipping quotes is a big part of the next upgrades where we will be adding package weight for all incoming items, that way we can have a more accurate (and automated) shipping quote system based on actual weight. The only issue after this upgrade is if someone has a larger shipping dimensions due to large / light items. This will slow us down a bit with both photographing and uploading, but I think it is worth the extra time to make sure we can automate the shipping process a little more to have more accurate quotes and less packages waiting for payment after it is packed and ready to ship. Also, Shipping quotes are free, we remove the $3 processing every time when we send the quote.

3) The pictures are all taken on Ipads with decent cameras, but when we upload them into the website it does reduce the image a bit as we have had storage space in the past (several times over the years) I think the storage space is no longer an issue with us purchasing our own server. I will add this to the list for conversations with the Web Dev.

If you guys have any ideas that need "fixed" or "upgrades" please let me know as well. The upgrades over the last 2 years were mainly focused on Admin processes and making the system easy for incoming and outgoing mail. The next large item for us is making the User Interface easier. We have added many features, but they are not the most user friendly and I want to work on the user's website Experience next.

Last edited:

I wouldn't call it petty, and definitely worth asking, but we do not just waive fees.

If there is ever a missing item or something you need additional help with the Helpdesk is the right place to turn. Your helpdesk ticket was created the 6th and resolved the 7th. The cards were in your physical inventory the whole time, but there was an IPad from Nov 17th that didn't upload to the website for some reason with several items not uploaded.

To expect for the fees to be waived is not something we are going to offer. Now, if you were just completely ignored or helpdesk was outstanding for a long time without response, then I believe the service would be to blame and a discount or waiving fees would be appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom