ShipMyCards - USA Address and Shipping Service

Yeah like i said, their service has been excellent. I have no doubt that they are doing everything they can to get to the bottom of this but an update at least would be great.
Have noticed more posts on FB about items turning up in wrong boxes.
I can't imagine how busy they are at the moment, but at a minimum, acknowledgment of your query would be great.

Have noticed more posts on FB about items turning up in wrong boxes.
I can't imagine how busy they are at the moment, but at a minimum, acknowledgment of your query would be great.

I think that's likely to be the case in this instance but at this stage, i don't even know if they are actually missing or not

No missing cards on my side, hope yours turns up shortly!

I only started using SMC in Sep, ordered about 12 items and all appeared in inventory on time - even the very first delivery where I somehow had stuffed up and put the wrong unit number in my eBay address which led to a bit of initial panic.

Playing it safe and splitting into 2 lots to send, 1 small quick shipment and now pending ship order for the rest. Gone FedEx, still $32 US shipping for 4 graded cards but not sure what the USPS situation is so happy enough with that. Waiting to see how much the heavy lot is going to set me back...

Finally got a response from SMC. They found my missing order! Turns out the sender neglected to put my username as part of the address. First time this has happened to me and can't imagine why they didn't write out my address exactly how it was given to them...

Finally got a response from SMC. They found my missing order! Turns out the sender neglected to put my username as part of the address. First time this has happened to me and can't imagine why they didn't write out my address exactly how it was given to them...
This has happened to me before too, and SMC were super helpful matching the item to the tracking number, and adding it to my mailbox.

when you request your cards to ship...should a shipping cost be populated at the bottom of the screen or do they have to back them all up before updating the cost? also how long does it roughly take between requesting items be shipped and them actually being shipped.

when you request your cards to ship...should a shipping cost be populated at the bottom of the screen or do they have to back them all up before updating the cost? also how long does it roughly take between requesting items be shipped and them actually being shipped.

You need to select any insurance and pay the $3 fee before you get a shipping quote. Make sure you have enough cash to pay though.

Should be a few days depending on the workflow

They keep the workflow updated with through-to dates.

For 'small easy' shipping orders of less than 5 items, which was my first order, I had the shipping price added about a day after I submitted the request, and then shipped within a day of paying the remainder.

For any other shipping orders there's about a 14 day lag ATM; they're currently 'working on Oct 27 orders'. I put a larger order in on Nov 5th but kind-of hoping they don't get to it sooner than expected so I can get another card added to the shipment.

They keep the workflow updated with through-to dates.

For 'small easy' shipping orders of less than 5 items, which was my first order, I had the shipping price added about a day after I submitted the request, and then shipped within a day of paying the remainder.

For any other shipping orders there's about a 14 day lag ATM; they're currently 'working on Oct 27 orders'. I put a larger order in on Nov 5th but kind-of hoping they don't get to it sooner than expected so I can get another card added to the shipment.
great thats the advice i was after

Has anyone had a return delivery stuck in the FedEx Memphis hub for the better part of a week? Mine arrived their midnight our time Sunday, still no update since then, while expected delivery is still 22/11.

Scaring myself reading the many posts online about the many packages that have gone missing from there...

Nothing to worry about in the end. Interestingly the small package Fedex delivery had constant status updates throughout the process while the larger package had barely any.

I've received 2 shipments now since starting to use SMC in Sep, and figured for the benefit of anyone even later to the party than I was, I'd share my experience/assessment to show how much better off I was using SMC than if I just had each order sent directly to me via ebay.

First & foremost, SMC were flawless throughout.
  • Timeframes - Everything either met or exceeded their estimated timeframes, both the time for items to appear in my account after they were delivered to their Arizona address directly & via Oregon where cost effective, as well as the time for them to be shipped off to me.
  • Packaging - top notch, both small and large.
  • Comms - Responded quickly the 2 messages I sent, 1 of those for my very first card sent to them where as mentioned previously I had put the wrong unit number in my ebay address, but the card still arrived with no issues as the Oregon office just looks for the ShipMyCards name in recipient rather than unit #.

The 2 packages I sent & have since received;
  • 1x small package of 4x graded cards (< 1 pound) - $35 US via Fedex. Arrived in 8 days.
  • 1x large package with 4x wax sealed boxes, 2x more 90s sets unboxed and another 4 individual cards (14 pounds) - $103 US via Fedex. Arrived in 11 days, despite some Fedex staff strikes in Perth.
Could've had all the items sent in 1 box and paid the same as package 2, but played it safe sending a smaller first before arranging for the higher value package to be sent. Also insurance limit wouldnt've covered all at once.

After adding up the cost of everything (initial shipping to SMC, SMC's processing/handling fees, fedex cost to me and a fair amount spent on insurance), and comparing with all the fees I would've paid had I purely used ebay, I estimate I saved just over $1100, so it cut about 70% of the costs. And that's while having my cards arrive much quicker and fully insured. Very happy!

Back
Top Bottom