Shill bidding?

But who bids $2 or $3 at a time over and over and over again???

This is $50 more than the average for this card - just does not make sense...

But who bids $2 or $3 at a time over and over and over again???

This is $50 more than the average for this card - just does not make sense...

Some people do bid that way sometimes hoping that other bidders will give up.

Had a quick look at this sellers history and it doesn't seem to have been done before, so unlikely it was a tactic by the seller.

Sometimes cards do go over the actual value price if 2 people are keen to buy it or make it personal when bidding.

I remember selling some audio CD's over 5 years ago, and it ended up going for 50% more than you could buy it in a shop, CRAZY!!!!!

Yeah Brad, sometimes bids go over the average value price LOL. This seems quite odd, maybe the person was a real tight ars@ and was hoping to get it cheap. More likely shill bidding though, did it happen with the other sigs from this series??

Maybe this series is on the way up???

maby he was trying 2 make it so it looked like heaps of peapole were interested,, i know if there was a card i wanted and saw 30+ bids i know im not the only one goin 2 try and 'snip' it at the end

Definitely sus;) I am that original $25 bid, lucky I forgot to bid on this one :lol: When this was offered last week, I offered $125 and seller replied with $150...
Anyways 8***l( 83) AU $95.00 Oct-21-10 23:05:47 PDT has bid on the 21st, and then ol matey 8***l( 83) has put in a series of 21 nibble bids on the 22nd just trying to reach the max bid by the 1st bloke... Anyway not going to analyse the rest, because he continues to do it, but seems really suspect either that or the blokes an absolute twat:)

bid percentage with seller is that total or current because the person that won has 100% there with 360 feedback?.. never really looked that closely into it before but kinda looks like it.. especially with the bids like 84.99 definately looks like he just wanted to raise the price at the start then was being cautious at the end with all the .99 bids.. and they are all small incraments of 5 near the end thats prolly because when people bid they just put 50 or 90 or 105 etc..

I get that the price gest driven up when 2 people want the item badly enough, and I have 2 of these Warne autos so the higher they go for the happier I get!

But to bid $2-3 every minute can surely only be a ploy by the seller (under a friend's username) to slowly creep up the price to test out what the high bid is in my books.

I've always been a fan of throwing my best bid in at the end and can't see the point of wasting time with crappy small bids $2 above the current bid to try and pinch it for $1 less than your max bid.

Warne will always pull good $$$ so I think the days of snaring these for around the $100 mark are well and truly over...

i always bid retardedly..like $34.67 for example, lol i hate bidding in even numbers.. no idea why..

Yeah but do you put in over 30 bids on one item?

Warne will always pull good $$$ so I think the days of snaring these for around the $100 mark are well and truly over...

I think the low numbering and clearness of the sig helped too, I have seen a lot of faded rubbish sigs when it comes to the Warney of the set....

it appears C***W put on a large bid and when the other guy bid and it said he was outbid he kept putting $1 bids on I would have given up after 3 bids click on show automatic bids and it appears okay ..stupid but okay

Yeah there are some odd bidding techniques out there. Check this out 1968 Scanlens Johnny Raper UNMARKED No 11 Nr MINT (eBay item 260682429298 end time 31-Oct-10 19:11:40 AEDST) : Sport

22 bids and only at $6.51 :blink:

It insane......I think some people bid, then increase there maximum bid in these small iincrements as it shows as a bid in the bid history and like mentioned before when you see that an item has heaps of bids you are inclined to think heaps of people are interested and not bother watching or bidding, but yeah this one will fetch a lot more than their maximum bid...

Ross

Back
Top Bottom