Sellers, non feedback leavers..

wjrwebber

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Will
eBay User
wjrwebber
I currently have 31 feedbacks waiting to be left from sellers that haven't been assed to spend 45sec to leave it. It really shits me that they can't do the favour after I've left it for them. Anyone else have this trouble?

Sometimes it just takes a week or two (quite often they have software that leaves feedback after you leave it).

But I think this takes some time to update.

Just be patient, or send them a polite reminder :)

PS its not me is it??

Sellers should leave it first anyway. Nothing annoys me more than eBay morons who will only leave feedback if you leave it for them first.

Sometimes it just takes a week or two (quite often they have software that leaves feedback after you leave it).

But I think this takes some time to update.

Just be patient, or send them a polite reminder :)

PS its not me is it??

Some of these are from over a month ago, no excuse in my mind.

got tons of feedbacks i have yet to receive from sellers..

now i don't really think about it anyway...

even here, i haven't got alot of feedbacks... but it doesn't bother me anyway..

i just don't deal it again.. no matter how much i want the card....

hope that helps

I write an email to each of my customers as I package up their card. In it, I put a simple sentence that has seemed to work for me. "I will be leaving positive feedback for you, and hope you will do the same for me when the cards arrive."

Regards,
Lynn

I gentley remind them. Something like: 'Thank you, the card arrived not long ago. I have left positive feedback for you and I ask that you could please take the time to do the same. Thanks again'

Usually works, except for a few people whom have ignored that message 4 or 5 times and it's dropped off the radar after the 60 days...

a good way to see if you need to leave feedback at all whether buyer or seller is to check the feedback left for others button of the party. If they have a history of not leaving any then don't bother leaving it for them.

if the seller's use the automated feedback they do it in bundles so like lippo said just be patient for now, and nothing is done in 30 days then follow nenjabin's advice

my unreturned feedback goes well into the many hundreds and it is annoying, but hopefully this will little trick will help :thumbsup:

a good way to see if you need to leave feedback at all whether buyer or seller is to check the feedback left for others button of the party. If they have a history of not leaving any then don't bother leaving it for them.

if the seller's use the automated feedback they do it in bundles so like lippo said just be patient for now, and nothing is done in 30 days then follow nenjabin's advice

my unreturned feedback goes well into the many hundreds and it is annoying, but hopefully this will little trick will help :thumbsup:

Very good advice.. I will follow your guide.. that's excellent one..

but politely telling them to leave feedback doesn't work with many people though... LOL

I am with you....it does not take long......you can even choose one response....

e.g. Quick Ship great item...thanks...

and cut and paste it to all of them.....quick easy problem solved....

I think it is just poor form not to leave feedback....

Owen

Yeah, I've got quite a few too. Nothing that really annoys me more than sellers not leaving feedback. I understand the concept of not leaving feedback first, being scared of negative feedback left in return, but I'm of the belief that sellers should leave feedback once they receive the payment, and feedback only relating to how quickly the buye pays.

Yeah, I've got quite a few too. Nothing that really annoys me more than sellers not leaving feedback. I understand the concept of not leaving feedback first, being scared of negative feedback left in return, but I'm of the belief that sellers should leave feedback once they receive the payment, and feedback only relating to how quickly the buye pays.

The problem here is that too many idiots who buy are impatient or don't pay attention to their messages. You leave them feedback first and then they just go and leave neutral or negative feedback because they didn't get their card/s the next day through no fault of mine.

For example, I had a person win a Select gem card off me that took them 4 days to pay for. I posted it the next day, and it took 6 days to reach them in SA. They messaged me 3 or 4 days in a row and I assured them I had sent the card, and told them to wait the full 6 days specified on ebay, then we can work something out if it still hasn't arrived.

So what do they do? They get the card on the sixth day and leave me neutral feedback saying my postage was slow, even after i'd left them good feedback and had communicated openly and promptly with them. I sent them a message telling them not to bid on my auctions again.

Then i had another lot of auctions where two people won items that were the same amount. One of them had checked out thru ebay, and then a day or two later an amount that didn't quite match the winning price bobbed up as a branch deposit in my bank account. I messaged the bloke who had checked out 3 or 4 times to confirm he had indeed been down the bank and paid me. I got no response to any of them. After about a week of waiting I decided to just send em anyway as I was fairly confident it was him, and they weren;t that high value that if i messed up it would hurt. I sent them off and left him positive feedback. So two days later, i get more neutral feedback because this bloke would not respond to his messages.

So now, I never EVER leave feedback first as a seller. At least if people want to have a sook and/or not communicate openly with me, they pretty much never leave negative feedback first in case I hit them with some in return. I'd rather no feedback at all than bad feedback, and as far as i'm concerned, neutral is as bad as negative.

I leave feedback within a day of the buyer leaving it. Feedback should be when the transactions over, for the buyer that's when it arrives safely to them, for the seller it's when the buyer is happy.

I leave feedback within a day of the buyer leaving it. Feedback should be when the transactions over, for the buyer that's when it arrives safely to them, for the seller it's when the buyer is happy.

Yep,Thats the way we do it.Sometimes mail can get delayed & it's not fair for the seller to cop bad feedback for it.If something happens & i am late sending,I always let the buyer know.It takes 5-6 days for mail to arrive to & from WA from where i am.I have had mail arrive quicker from the US :eek:

As soon as i know the cards have arrived safely & feedback is left,I then leave feedback.If the buyer does not recieve or is unhappy about something,Then the seller should be PMed & something worked out.

We have never had a problem doing it this way :v:

Yep I tell them when I send a message I will leave feedback after they have because then I know they got there item, and if they don't contact me to say there item hasn't arrived/ arrived damaged. I just don't leave feedback for them, 1 I miss out on 1 but at least no neg or neutral.
Rob:v:

Yeah, for sellers who continue to sell, feedback is extremely important to them.

But it used to annoy me if they don't leave feedback after I did as a buyer when my score was <100. Now it doesn't worry me at all.

Once you have got a decent reputation, the amount of positive feedback isn't really a problem :)

Sellers should leave it first anyway. Nothing annoys me more than eBay morons who will only leave feedback if you leave it for them first.

I used to think that too but my tune has changed after being stung (a few times) after I left feedback for a buyer so I won't leave it until the transactipon has been completed and all parties are happy !

The problem here is that too many idiots who buy are impatient or don't pay attention to their messages. You leave them feedback first and then they just go and leave neutral or negative feedback because they didn't get their card/s the next day through no fault of mine.

For example, I had a person win a Select gem card off me that took them 4 days to pay for. I posted it the next day, and it took 6 days to reach them in SA. They messaged me 3 or 4 days in a row and I assured them I had sent the card, and told them to wait the full 6 days specified on ebay, then we can work something out if it still hasn't arrived.

So what do they do? They get the card on the sixth day and leave me neutral feedback saying my postage was slow, even after i'd left them good feedback and had communicated openly and promptly with them. I sent them a message telling them not to bid on my auctions again.

Then i had another lot of auctions where two people won items that were the same amount. One of them had checked out thru ebay, and then a day or two later an amount that didn't quite match the winning price bobbed up as a branch deposit in my bank account. I messaged the bloke who had checked out 3 or 4 times to confirm he had indeed been down the bank and paid me. I got no response to any of them. After about a week of waiting I decided to just send em anyway as I was fairly confident it was him, and they weren;t that high value that if i messed up it would hurt. I sent them off and left him positive feedback. So two days later, i get more neutral feedback because this bloke would not respond to his messages.

So now, I never EVER leave feedback first as a seller. At least if people want to have a sook and/or not communicate openly with me, they pretty much never leave negative feedback first in case I hit them with some in return. I'd rather no feedback at all than bad feedback, and as far as i'm concerned, neutral is as bad as negative.

Spot on Kris.....I don't mind leaving feedback first as a buyer but I won't do it as a seller !

Whilst we are bitc*ing about ebay; the auction for a card I sold today states:

whereiswally78 said:
Postage using Toploader in bubble mailer VIA REGISTERED POST ONLY (NO EXCEPTIONS)

Outside of Australia - Paypal ONLY - payment within three days of auction end. Postage (registered only) $US10.

Within Australia - NO PAYPAL - payment within three days of auction end via MONEY ORDER or DIRECT DEPOSIT ONLY. Postage $AU4.

Please message me with other queries.

So the clown of a buyer sends me this message (after winning my auction and receiving my invoice):

seller said:
I see you request $10 for shipping this card, is it for registered mail? Or only for airmail? If it is for common airmail, I think it is a little high. Please advise, thanks.

Arrrggggghhhhh!!!! Like I really want his opinion!?! When did this become a negotiation! If you don't like the terms ... don't f###ing bid!

Sorry to hijack this thread!!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom