Select Upcoming Series Info

You mean Ben getting a Future HoF card? Probably retired a bit too long ago?

Judd of course is the obvious one I missed. Thought of him before I started the list then completely forgot. You'd think he's a certainty to be in there somewhere - whether that's in Blues or Eagles colours I'm not sure!

If Judd is not in Eagles colours then its a travesty. Judd was amazing at the Blues but Premiership Captain, Norm Smith, Brownlow Medalist and B&F winner at West Coast you would think he's a lock for West Coast.

Ben also falls into the Carey/Ablett Snr category. Definate Hall of Famers but with Scandals surrounding them off field the AFL doesn't want a bar of it....... He'll eventually be inducted like the others but the AFL will want to see Ben turn his life around. Where he can do that remains to be seen. :(

If Judd is not in Eagles colours then its a travesty. Judd was amazing at the Blues but Premiership Captain, Norm Smith, Brownlow Medalist and B&F winner at West Coast you would think he's a lock for West Coast.

Ben also falls into the Carey/Ablett Snr category. Definate Hall of Famers but with Scandals surrounding them off field the AFL doesn't want a bar of it....... He'll eventually be inducted like the others but the AFL will want to see Ben turn his life around. Where he can do that remains to be seen. :(
Yep, fingers crossed you're on the money!

Also convincing the numbered Hall of Fame
Had a go at a possible list of the 32 players on these Future Hall of Fame cards. Tried to give teams with fewer HoF cards/parallels/legends/legend sigs more cards in this set - and apparently every team gets at least one. Open to thoughts!

R. Sloane
S. Black
J. Brown
L. Hodge
P. Cripps
S. Pendlebury
D. Swan
D. Fletcher
N. Fyfe
M. Pavlich
G. Ablett
P. Dangerfield
J. Selwood
T. Lynch
J. Kelly
C. Ward
S. Burgoyne
S. Mitchell
J. Roughead
N. Jones
B. Harvey
K. Cornes
R. Gray
D. Martin
J. Riewoldt
N. Riewoldt
L. Franklin
A. Goodes
D. Cox
J. Kennedy
M. Bontempelli
R. Murphy
Pretty damn good guess and that's pretty much all I would have said

Or to be fair, would not be surprised if Gary is repeatedly dipcted as a sun as well as the cats card as he's achieved the only real thing for the club in their short history being the Brownlow medalist! Otherwise it would have to be Lynch but it's next to certain he won't be with the club next year onwards

Just for the sake of posterity: my final guess at the Future HoF set after everyone's great feedback. Some hard decisions had to be made!

R. Sloane
J. Brown
L. Hodge
P. Cripps
S. Pendlebury
D. Swan
D. Fletcher
N. Fyfe
M. Pavlich
G. Ablett
P. Dangerfield
J. Selwood
T. Lynch
J. Kelly
C. Ward
S. Burgoyne
S. Mitchell
J. Roughead
J. Lewis
B. Harvey
K. Cornes
R. Gray
T. Cotchin
D. Martin
N. Riewoldt
L. Franklin
A. Goodes
D. Cox
C. Judd
J. Kennedy
M. Bontempelli
R. Murphy

I think it was sometime on release date for the checklist last year so expecting the same, sometime Friday.

Any more surprises to come?

I think it was sometime on release date for the checklist last year so expecting the same, sometime Friday.

Any more surprises to come?
There's one super dooper biggie to come apparently......extremely limited. There have been a lot of rumours (and I have no idea exactly WHAT the card is actually), but expect a preview between now and Friday :)

I agree completely @BLOWN8 re: the design of the Legend Signature cards.

There is something big in this series, maybe the booklet as the select guy mentioned it last night and said he would expect it to sell for no less than $1500 per card.
Hmmm gotta be a triple or quad signature ?
although i am wrong more than i am right. :D

If that's the case and they use the same sized booklet they already produce (like below - front and reverse), wouldn't a dual or quad be more likely? One or two on either side of the booklet perhaps. We'll find out soon enough.
IMG_9371.JPG

If Judd is not in Eagles colours then its a travesty.

Not disagreeing with you exactly, however being a Carlton supporter I'd feel it was a travesty if he wasn't in Navy Blue ;)

Seriously though, and Judd isn't the only player over history this could apply to, wouldn't a pair of parallel cards celebrating his achievements at both clubs be fair to both sets of fans?

Not disagreeing with you exactly, however being a Carlton supporter I'd feel it was a travesty if he wasn't in Navy Blue ;)

Seriously though, and Judd isn't the only player over history this could apply to, wouldn't a pair of parallel cards celebrating his achievements at both clubs be fair to both sets of fans?
Hodgey in Lions colours. I would hate to see what Hawks fans would say.

At least with Juddy you can make an argument for either team.

Back
Top Bottom