Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

Anyone know if afterpay will be working for this release? Cant see anything on website and can no longer see the post on Select Facebook page they are going to accept afterpay. Ive never used it before so any help is much appreciated.

BTW Im buying a case :cool:
Hope you aren’t expecting a case on Afterpay. Max limit is 1500 and even then sometimes some companies won’t let you use that much. You have to build it up to that also
So if you are a new user be lucky to even get $500 to spend

70387614_10156179904331924_5602454082200535040_n (1).jpg

Just read on fb that the Collingwood superstar patch sig is Treloar.. can imagine that this card will be in high demand and very hard to get a hold of!

Seems the signed match worn jersey used in these cards for Treloar was purchased from the Collingwood auctions for $950.

I understand that people collect either cards or match worn memorabilia or both but does it now seem strange that a small swatch of the jersey is now possibly worth as much as the complete match worn jersey?

Seems the signed match worn jersey used in these cards for Treloar was purchased from the Collingwood auctions for $950.

I understand that people collect either cards or match worn memorabilia or both but does it now seem strange that a small swatch of the jersey is now possibly worth as much as the complete match worn jersey?
Proves there are more card collector than anything.

Do you have proof of this auction amount?

Proves there are more card collector than anything.

Do you have proof of this auction amount?

Correction its from the 2017 jersey.

2017 - Sold for $800

https://auctiondesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=resultsitem&AuctionID=64538&OrgID=1714
2018 - Sold for $950

https://auctiondesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=resultsitem&AuctionID=72629&OrgID=1714
Direct from the Collingwood auctions website.

This years sold for $900

https://auctiondesq.sportstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=resultsitem&AuctionID=82053&OrgID=1714

Right... so are you taking into consideration, cost for player to sign, design and produce said card?

Rarity of said card?

This is a card for Collingwood Magpies, biggest followed club in all of Australia. This isn't Penrith Panthers or any of the other NRL clubs.

I will hopefully get 3 boxes initially , was thinking of a case but decided not to. Will be hoping to get more boxes in the coming weeks until they run out , which will not be too long imo.

Right... so are you taking into consideration, cost for player to sign, design and produce said card?

Rarity of said card?

This is a card for Collingwood Magpies, biggest followed club in all of Australia. This isn't Penrith Panthers or any of the other NRL clubs.

Yeah of course the Pies arent the Panthers.......but if given the choice id prefer having the full jersey in my collection for $800 than a 3 x 2 inch swatch of it for the same amount.

Each to their own I guess?

The players get 2 jumpers and usually change at half time. And especially Anzac day the club always auction the jumpers and the player keeps one jumper. So i would say they bought this jumper direct from the player and it would have been for more then what it sold on the website.

The players get 2 jumpers and usually change at half time. And especially Anzac day the club always auction the jumpers and the player keeps one jumper. So i would say they bought this jumper direct from the player and it would have been for more then what it sold on the website.

The user name of the winning bidder is the same person who works for Select.

Yeah of course the Pies arent the Panthers.......but if given the choice id prefer having the full jersey in my collection for $800 than a 3 x 2 inch swatch of it for the same amount.

Each to their own I guess?
Get your point however card collecting is more popular.

At 25 cards, this thing will be red hot between Pies collectors. This along with Richmond's will be the most valuable of the set.

Ebay auctions will be fun to watch.

Get your point however card collecting is more popular.

At 25 cards, this thing will be red hot between Pies collectors. This along with Richmond's will be the most valuable of the set.

No doubt they will be popular amongst the faithful supporters..........but let me ask you the question.......if you had $800 to spend on a players full match worn jersey or a card that features a piece of the same jersey embedded in it......what would you choose?

Personally even as a card collector id take the full complete jersey ever day of the week?

Not really strange. As stated, there are other costs involved in making said card.

Personally, there are only so many framed jumpers I can have in my house. I can store and display cards much easier, and with the design of the cards, I believe they look nicer.

They only charge what people pay. The demand is there, so good on them.

No doubt they will be popular amongst the faithful supporters..........but let me ask you the question.......if you had $800 to spend on a players full match worn jersey or a card that features a piece of the same jersey embedded in it......what would you choose?

Personally even as a card collector id take the full complete jersey ever day of the week?
I don't collect memorabilia for a number of reasons so I would always select a card. Get it "select" lol

You can make the same argument about a Jordan jersey and sig and any other similar sporting comparison.

So how many boxes are you buying...

Back
Top Bottom