Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

Think peiple have to remember the nba and afl markets (usa vs aus) are completely different. The value of a vard numbered to 60 is about the same as anba card numbered to 10/20.

Dont be obsessed with the numbering as there are a whole lot of other factors that contribute to a cards value. Otherwise blue future force parallals would be the same price as the gary ablett dual sig!!

could you elaborate on this?

What's the chances of a signed patch card in the alternate boxes? Same 18 players? There's going to be a lot of jersey left over if they made 240 patches of each player in Certified. Only 70 of these.

Nice looking patch card although there's a lack of variation overall except for the Folklore cards. Would also like to have seen which match the jersey was used in like they did in Certified.

I doubt they would number a signed patch card the same as a non sithbed one as wouldnt make much sense. I expect it more likely for there to be another guernsey card of some type and you either get one or the other per box. Maybe a past champion patch.

it was confirmed that the cards were one in every 2 boxes and something else was going to be revealed.

What's the chances of a signed patch card in the alternate boxes? Same 18 players? There's going to be a lot of jersey left over if they made 240 patches of each player in Certified. Only 70 of these.

Nice looking patch card although there's a lack of variation overall except for the Folklore cards. Would also like to have seen which match the jersey was used in like they did in Certified.

Excellent point there. I would just expect that the match the jumper is from would be stated on the back of the card. Big mistake here by Select, pretty poor.

I doubt they would number a signed patch card the same as a non sithbed one as wouldnt make much sense. I expect it more likely for there to be another guernsey card of some type and you either get one or the other per box. Maybe a past champion patch.

it was confirmed that the cards were one in every 2 boxes and something else was going to be revealed.
You could be right but I don't think Coniglio or Le Cras have signed anything in recent seasons.

You could be right but I don't think Coniglio or Le Cras have signed anything in recent seasons.

Yeah i didnt mean they wouldnt sign a patch but more that if they did it wouldnt be the other 1 in 2 box hit as that just wouldnt make any sense. If they do it woll be a 1 in 6 or around there box hit

I think the patches and signed patches will still be lower end inserts. I am looking forward to /25 Polly Farmer Sig or Franklin 300 game used ball sig. Patches are not the big cards in this set. Surely they are keeping the big guns for later. Think they will have to match GOTG and have some cut sigs as well. Roy Cazaly, Ted Whitten, John Coleman. How about they put all of there No. 1's that they kept from the last 20 years in there. Buyback style.

I think the patches and signed patches will still be lower end inserts. I am looking forward to /25 Polly Farmer Sig or Franklin 300 game used ball sig. Patches are not the big cards in this set. Surely they are keeping the big guns for later. Think they will have to match GOTG and have some cut sigs as well. Roy Cazaly, Ted Whitten, John Coleman. How about they put all of there No. 1's that they kept from the last 20 years in there. Buyback style.

These cards were produced more than 12 months ago so there absolutely won’t be anything to do with Franklin’s 300th.

Apparently the biggest card in the set is a quad coach signature of Clarkson, Parkin, Barassi and Sheedy. Numbered to /30. Will be the lowest numbered card and the biggest chase card in the set.

These cards were produced more than 12 months ago so there absolutely won’t be anything to do with Franklin’s 300th.

Apparently the biggest card in the set is a quad coach signature of Clarkson, Parkin, Barassi and Sheedy. Numbered to /30. Will be the lowest numbered card and the biggest chase card in the set.

Fair enough. Not even as the case card? They can slip these in the top. Or as an incentive for buying 5 cases.

Not sure many people will call a coach card the biggest chase card. Maybe the same people that think the Shaw triple sig is the biggest thing to happen to Aus Football card collecting. I reckon a Garry Ablett Snr numbered to 100 would be more chased.

Ah ah!!! A cogs Guernsey card! Assuming all clubs will have one of these whether they have a flag or not!!!
Select advised that every one of the 18 clubs will have a current player patch card from a match worn guernsey, as @baggies said above its disappointing not to see the details of the actual game the guernsey was worn in. Every club will also have a signed patch card too, could be the same player as the unsigned patch as select don't think too far out of the box. there are also what they call 'club legend' patch cards.
The big chase card is the quad coach signature, limited to 25 only. the lowest numbered card in the series.

Select advised that every one of the 18 clubs will have a current player patch card from a match worn guernsey, as @baggies said above its disappointing not to see the details of the actual game the guernsey was worn in. Every club will also have a signed patch card too, could be the same player as the unsigned patch as select don't think too far out of the box. there are also what they call 'club legend' patch cards.
The big chase card is the quad coach signature, limited to 25 only. the lowest numbered card in the series.
I can’t see the quad coach card being the $6k card. Hoping to be proven wrong.

Also I like the factor someone pointed out that NBA ratio /20 = /60 for AFL: point being I'm guessing there will not be any 1/1 cards in this release much less anything <20?

So the latest preview is called Franchise Future...… at first I thought this was a signature on a patch or something similar but its just the card signed on its side?
1567729315398.png

***SELECT SUPREMACY PREVIEW 7/13***

We continue our preview of the exclusive Select Supremacy release today with a sneak peak at one of our Franchise Future Signature cards, featuring the Brisbane Lions' Cameron Rayner! Each card features a genuine certified signature and is numbered to 70.

Back
Top Bottom