Select Supremacy Thread (now with Afterpay)

fair enough
Don’t get me wrong, I understand the argument for super-limited cards, I just think it benefits the re-sellers more than the collectors. So many people are team or master collectors, and you risk them becoming disillusioned with the hobby if you make it impossible for them to complete their sets.

Hallelujah the patch card is back. And they look real nice. As mentioned, bigger patches would have been better, hopefully in some of the other variations there are larger patches, even dual patches.
The NRL patch cards in the booklet style with the huge patches look amazing, would love to see something like that.

1567575530329.png

Select just uploaded this photo to their website.. Premiership brownlow double set has 36 cards. with the Premiership glory set of 30 and superstar patches one per team.

Think peiple have to remember the nba and afl markets (usa vs aus) are completely different. The value of a vard numbered to 60 is about the same as anba card numbered to 10/20.

Dont be obsessed with the numbering as there are a whole lot of other factors that contribute to a cards value. Otherwise blue future force parallals would be the same price as the gary ablett dual sig!!

Think peiple have to remember the nba and afl markets (usa vs aus) are completely different. The value of a vard numbered to 60 is about the same as anba card numbered to 10/20.

Dont be obsessed with the numbering as there are a whole lot of other factors that contribute to a cards value. Otherwise blue future force parallals would be the same price as the gary ablett dual sig!!
True will always be pricey fir the big clubs where Gold Coast and gws won’t bring much doesn’t really matter how low the numbering is

True will always be pricey fir the big clubs where Gold Coast and gws won’t bring much doesn’t really matter how low the numbering is

Yeah plus amount of cards in set, popularity of the actual card design, collectability, cost of the initial box etc all those thibgs and ithers determine a price not just numbering.

It looks much like Panini National Treasures. I think its going to be a great set for all collector's, low, mid and high end.

They will need cards at least /20 to justify the price. Just my opinion, dosent mean im right :)

The only thing i dislike, is the border design with the little curls, but yeah, they are super nice cards.

Anyway, ill just take it for what it is and get around it 🤙

Oh boy. The temptation to buy a box has just increased a bit!

229BE28E-1AB5-4AAD-8A02-CF02D4D4CCEC.jpeg

I'm on the opposite side to be honest, I'm losing interest in buying a box more and more and just trying to pick up the cards as other people try to recoup.

Nothing I've seen so far warrents that kind of money when so far it will be cheaper to buy the WCE cards individually.

I think we will find there won't be any low end numbered WCE cards.

Yeah but of course nothing you have seen warrants the price as they have started with the low end and working up.

I wouldnt be interested in a box of dominance either if i judged it after their first few reveals of holos, all australians, rookies and timeless!!!

Silly to judge the qhole product by the reveal of their lower value hits. Wait till all is revealed and then ots alot easier to judge value for money.

Hell you could say that now and tonorrow they reveal 6 cards all numbered to under 10 that look amazing lol

I'm on the opposite side to be honest, I'm losing interest in buying a box more and more and just trying to pick up the cards as other people try to recoup.

Nothing I've seen so far warrents that kind of money when so far it will be cheaper to buy the WCE cards individually.

I think we will find there won't be any low end numbered WCE cards.
There’s still half a dozen or so previews left to come so hopefully there’s still some nice stuff to come. As it is, a Lecca patch card with the indigenous jumper gets a tick from me!

Of course the price is the sticking point. I’m still not sure whether I’ll get a box; $500 is a huge outlay for many people including myself, so there has to be some value in a box. The next week or so will be very enlightening and will likely tip everyone on the edge one way or the other.

Yeah but of course nothing you have seen warrants the price as they have started with the low end and working up.

I wouldnt be interested in a box of dominance either if i judged it after their first few reveals of holos, all australians, rookies and timeless!!!

Silly to judge the qhole product by the reveal of their lower value hits. Wait till all is revealed and then ots alot easier to judge value for money.

Hell you could say that now and tonorrow they reveal 6 cards all numbered to under 10 that look amazing lol

Have we not seen what generally will be seen as the common cards for this release. Given that I can't even get excited for the common WCE cards highly unlikely that I will with high end cards that likely have nothing to do with WCE.

Also has it not been noticed that they still won't have released what's going to be part of it until after its official release?

Which only pushes people like me who are on the fence to not get it.

Have we not seen what generally will be seen as the common cards for this release. Given that I can't even get excited for the common WCE cards highly unlikely that I will with high end cards that likely have nothing to do with WCE.

Also has it not been noticed that they still won't have released what's going to be part of it until after its official release?

Which only pushes people like me who are on the fence to not get it.
Yes that’s the annoying part if you want people to spend big $$$ on a release at least have the decency to have all information out including a checklist before the preorder, not doing so is just taking us for fools, select just expect people to buy, it’s no different to buying a car without seeing it and taking the salesman’s word that it’s awesome

patch looks good, too similar to the common cards and other inserts front and back for me.

1 player per team, all 18 teams. even one or two for you @drama5

Select were very clearly stating that this is an official team player guernsey that has been match worn in an official game. not one worn for media or a non afl approved one. not sure if its a bit of a shot at draft prospects series or not?

PAT.jpg
PAT2.jpg

with the above player patch cards, the total of 70 cards x 18 teams is 1260 cards, given there is only 2400 boxes, you will get 1 patch card per 2 boxes, not signed.

Last edited:
with the above player patch cards, the total of 70 cards x 18 teams is 1260 cards, given there is only 2400 boxes, you will get 1 patch card per 2 boxes, not signed.
What's the chances of a signed patch card in the alternate boxes? Same 18 players? There's going to be a lot of jersey left over if they made 240 patches of each player in Certified. Only 70 of these.

Nice looking patch card although there's a lack of variation overall except for the Folklore cards. Would also like to have seen which match the jersey was used in like they did in Certified.

What's the chances of a signed patch card in the alternate boxes? Same 18 players? There's going to be a lot of jersey left over if they made 240 patches of each player in Certified. Only 70 of these.

In theory I would say you are correct. Time will tell I guess.

So do you think they will account for the 2 really big hits or do you think every box will have 2 signed cards and potentially the patch card above?

Back
Top Bottom