Select Hilites

Just checked my numbers so far and I have a couple of 032's in Dusty and Gaz and a couple of 017's in Pendles and Waite. But on closer in inspection I found something odd, can anyone else see it???

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3525.PNG

Just checked my numbers so far and I have a couple of 032's in Dusty and Gaz and a couple of 017's in Pendles and Waite. But on closer in inspection I found something odd, can anyone else see it???

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3525.PNG
Sneaky change in numbering of the two-digit numbers! One 017 and one 17.

On a side note you've done pretty well with your numbers so far, nothing over 100 is impressive!

Oh, and had a chuckle at Duckwood :)

Extremely disappointed a guy can get 50 possessions and it doesn't earn him a card for the week. And Geelong already have Selwood in the set. When was the last time a guy had 50 touches in one game of footy?

Patrick Dangerfield performance is still better even if T.Mitchell had 50 disposals.

Extremely disappointed a guy can get 50 possessions and it doesn't earn him a card for the week. And Geelong already have Selwood in the set. When was the last time a guy had 50 touches in one game of footy?

I totally get what you guys are saying, but here's my point, It's a highlight card, or "Hilite" if you like. Mundy wasn't the best player over last weekend, but got the card because he did something that doesn't happen very often, you could have called it a highlight of the weekend. Tom Mitchell did something on the weekend that would be lucky if it happened once every 2-3 years, or less. That to me makes it a highlight. Players can play well, but i would have thought something as rare as half a century of touches would warrant a "Hilites" card for the week over a guy that played really well. After all, it isn't a 'total package' card, or a 'number 1 ranked player for the round' card, it's a highlight. See my point here? Can you even remember the last time someone got 50 possessions in a game? He was only the 7th player in the history of the game to do so. He might have got a few cheap touches, but come on, 50 touches is still 50 touches. Select missed a great opportunity here, Hawks might not get another chance this year to get a Hilites card.

I get your point in regards to having 50 disposals and Mundy hilites, but seeing how Tom Mitchell played with the Hawks ill bet he will get a chance to get his Hilites cards for the Hawks supporters.

As myself, I am really happy that Select already chose the right time for Pattt Danger to have his card.

I totally get what you guys are saying, but here's my point, It's a highlight card, or "Hilite" if you like. Mundy wasn't the best player over last weekend, but got the card because he did something that doesn't happen very often, you could have called it a highlight of the weekend. Tom Mitchell did something on the weekend that would be lucky if it happened once every 2-3 years, or less. That to me makes it a highlight. Players can play well, but i would have thought something as rare as half a century of touches would warrant a "Hilites" card for the week over a guy that played really well. After all, it isn't a 'total package' card, or a 'number 1 ranked player for the round' card, it's a highlight. See my point here? Can you even remember the last time someone got 50 possessions in a game? He was only the 7th player in the history of the game to do so. He might have got a few cheap touches, but come on, 50 touches is still 50 touches. Select missed a great opportunity here, Hawks might not get another chance this year to get a Hilites card.

Ablett got 50 possessions against Collingwood in his second year at the Gold Coast. He copped a lot of flak about it because a lot of his possessions were in the back half of the ground.

Some people think it's all about metres gained and kicking goals, these people don't know anything about playing your roll for the team. If 50 possessions doesn't get him a Hilites card I don't think he'll get one.

IMG_3537.PNG

Yeah, I can see arguments for both Danger and Mitchell. I thought Mitchell would get it since the Hawks haven't had a Hilite yet and the Cats have. Select doubling up on teams is fine but I hope they do keep spreading it around.

Lets be honest guys there are more than 18 rounds so teams will have to double up anyway and they were always going to give danger a card. Not to mention he thoroughly deserved it. 50 touches is 50 touches but the team lost and dangerfield almost single handedly ripped the game apart.

Plus hawthorn no doubt are being reserved for when rioli has his one "magic" game for the year hahah

Could be wishful thinking but Burgoyne with 26 and 2 goals was the match winner tonight. And Indigenous round too, would be nice. Still plenty of games to go, anything can happen.

Was thinking the same thing. No massive standout this week, either Burgoyne or Garlett from Melbourne should get it. Burgoyne had a great game, Garlett won the game for Melbourne with a massive last quarter.

Last edited:
Looks like its The Package Jake Stringer this week. so 5 goals and 15 possessions beats Burgyone's 2 goals and 29 or Garletts 5 goals and 24 possesions

Back
Top Bottom