Select Hilites

Got number 17/416. Was pretty happy with that.

IMG_3491.JPG

image.jpg

Jack Billings with 5 goals and 30 disposals vs Josh Kelly's 36 disposals, 11 tackles and a goal. Or could it be Stevie J with 24 touches and 2 goals with his second being in the last minute to steal the win.
Or will another player stand up in the remaining 5 games?

I'm not sure if I've ever seen such good clearance work from a player like I did from Josh Kelly. He's so clean and composed. Gonna be a star. Jump on the wildcard predictor coz he will be in the top 5 ATM

im a bit confused... select should change the Name of the card as Hilite to me means that an actual Hilight of the round will be focused upon ie a great mark etc. Even if a great goal is scored surely there is footage of that to be put on the card. maybe the celebration of the goal or something like that. the afl website seems to have pics of all celebrations straight after the game on there website... if they are picking the best player than the tiltle should be changed to something else. hilite just sound stupid to me.

if it is Munday than that selection has gone against all other criteria for the first 7 rounds..... as he was clearly not the best player for the round.. hilight yes best player no...

It's not always going to be a single players complete performance. A few weeks ago a Select Rep said if a player kicked a goal after the siren then it would be considered. I really don't mind if it's one single act or a complete game.

IMG_3513.PNG

I was thinking the same thing so i went back to there round 1 card and this is what they said about the cards to be released:

INTRODUCING - LIMITED EDITION - WEEKLY “SELECT HILITES”

"Starting today, and every week up until the Finals, we will be releasing a card highlighting a major play of the round just ended - called “Select Hilites”!"

As much as we want to see the best player from the round, its going to be the best play.

Back
Top Bottom