Select Hilites

Do Select keep the #1 of these like they ridiculously do with every other one of their releases?
If so you can slash 1 off the total of all of those print runs! What a farce

Of course they do. Unsure why you're so upset about them doing that though?

I dont like the fact that they promote that they are limited to a certain number but realistically they arent as one is never realeased.

But i am not angry at them keeping the number 1 of hilites as it just makes sense seeing they did it with all others.

My issue is i feel they ahouldnt be able to promote and advertise the full number and ahould advertise it as such (e.g 299 to collect if something is numbered to 300)

Doesnt grind my gears enough to take it up with them but would appreciate the fact that they let collectors know that this is the case and made it clear how many are availiable.

Of course they do. Unsure why you're so upset about them doing that though?

Because if you go around saying this card is limited to 272 (or 25, or 500 etc etc) then it's an out and out lie that 272 will find their way into collectors hands. If they keep doing it and people are ambivalent about it, they'll feel that people accept it. When your print numbers are very specific, such as these highlites ones that arent round numbered to 300/150 etc its even more obvious and wrong.

Zorko numbered to 261. Disappointed I ended up with number 032 as I reckon I sat and refreshed for 15mins and would have ordered within 1 or 2 minutes of release. Something tells me some dealers or people ordering get priority over others with these. I bet number 002 isn't issued randomly. And has anyone seen any jumper numbers either on eBay or landed in someone's hands randomly?

There are still that many 'released'. A lot more are 'produced' so that damaged ones can be replaced etc. The #001's actually go into a collection, so you can't say it doesn't end up going to collectors. I have a #001 myself, a full set of them got out into the public. At the end of the day, everyone knows #001 is in a master set, and when Select go under, I'm sure they may appear on the market for people to buy as full sets. Maybe not in our collecting lifetime though.

Yess 001 go into a collection but they arent released so shouldnt be marjeted as such. I just find it funny as essentially it is like a tattslotto company keeping one of 5 of the winning tickets (as realistically #001 is most valuable card) but still advertisig that all 5 are availiable

That's not even a comparison. How would they print out winning ticket before it's drawn and keep it? Most car companies when a rare car is built keep one, if not a few of them.
Don't know why people get upset over it, it's their product, and the boss can do what he likes. It's just smart to have something to fall back on in time to come.

Mate you missed my point everytime. I have no problem with them keeping the card. But they shouldnt market the product as all availiable. its like me saying i had a case and am selling as a full case but holding onto one box for myself. Yes its fine if i hold onto one box but i should be selling it as 11 boxes not a case or 12 boxes

That's not even a comparison. How would they print out winning ticket before it's drawn and keep it? Most car companies when a rare car is built keep one, if not a few of them.
Don't know why people get upset over it, it's their product, and the boss can do what he likes. It's just smart to have something to fall back on in time to come.

And i was refering to scratchies. So putting 4 200,000 tickets out and keeping one. But then stating on tocket you can win one of five 200,000 prizes

It's Jumping Joe Daniher this week - and what a spectacular photograph!!

20155987_10154617225732377_7993704516666121961_n.jpg

The poor bloke on the left in the blue scarf will be kicking himself!! Meanwhile, the Novak Djokovic look-a-like guy in the right corner....he's knows where it's at!! :)

I ordered the Seb Ross one only being a Saints fan, I realised are they printed to order before the day closes and that's the release number of each card? Example Dangerfileds in numbered in the 500's but Mundys was in the mid 200's so really wouldn't this make Mundys rarer then Dangerfileds????

I ordered the Seb Ross one only being a Saints fan, I realised are they printed to order before the day closes and that's the release number of each card? Example Dangerfileds in numbered in the 500's but Mundys was in the mid 200's so really wouldn't this make Mundys rarer then Dangerfileds????
Well, they have already been sent out so I'm assuming the print run may not have been as big as the others, as it has been a pretty quick turn around!

No it doesnt as more than triple the anount of collectors will want dangerfield than mundy haha doesnt matter if a card is numbered low if the collector base is even lower

And considering only people who will want mundy are set collectors and most already have their mundy card then re sale value will be negligible at best

If not this week surely he gets one when he breaks the afl disposal record. Amazing that someobe averaging 36 disposals hasnt got one yet

Back
Top Bottom