rodman to the dragons??

Real Name
Craig
eBay User
White_Chocolate_55
The Dragons expect an answer either way from four-time NBA All-Star Mark Price this week, keep your eyes on southdragons.com for all developments.

Speaking with SEN's Kevin Bartlett recently, Cowan discussed the possibility of recruiting a high profile NBA personality to the playing ranks.

Kevin Bartlett: Have you thought seriously about recruiting Dennis Rodman to the Dragons?

Mark Cowan: The answer is yes, the thing with Dennis is he’s a very colourful character and it’d be great for basketball if he came out here although at this stage I think it’s unlikely that we’ll approach him.

KB: Why not approach him Mark? It’d be a good thing for basketball, and also the Dragons..

MC: It’d certainly fill up the stadium. One thing that I’ve discussed with Mark (Price) in regards to what kind of team we’d construct and who’s available is the possibility of his profile in attracting top-line imports. If one of his mates was interested in coming out to Australia at the end of his career, we'd like to entertain that thought. That’s one thing soccer’s done really well with the A-League getting a couple of big names. I think it makes it exciting when you’ve got some people with profile. If we do get Mark and I think it’s a finely balanced equation at the moment we’d have a high profile program and if we could supplement that with a high profile international player that would be great.

KB: Can we book the first interview with Dennis Rodman when you get him out Mark?

MC: I tell you what KB you can (laughs).

HOW MAD WOULD THAT BE!! Go the dragons (go the kings until my boys join the league)

i Agree, that would bring huge crowds to all away games around the country.. I know I'd pay to go see rodman against the wildcats for a laugh.. But Ronaldson would dominate him

Rodman played a couple of games in the British national league recently and was apparently well behaved and helped draw crowds.
He would be great to watch.... but a long term fix is what's needed not a short-term grab for cash.

That's also very true, but what is the long term fix??

The NBL has faded to nothing in WA, it was once(late 80's/early 90's) the talk of the town

i remember agggges and agessss ago.....there was rumors that Rodman was going to be playing for the Perth Wildcats..like 5 - 6 years ago (course didnt happen....and also in the lockout year 1999..if the lockout canceled the entire year..luc longley would of brang pippen to come to australia to play...how wicked would that of been??) ar well lets not get our hopes up with this Rodman thing...lets be honest....he talks shit sometimes lol

Back
Top Bottom