RIP Jim Stynes.

What a sad day for AFL and Australia. Grew up watching Jim Stynes play the game and today brings back memories. I think a fiting tribute would be not a minutes silence at every gound in round 1 but a celebration by playing the Melbourne theme song at every ground before each game and all supporters of the game to sing along to his beloved Melbourne Demons song no matter who you support. Jim Stynes truely crossed club boarders when it came to the sport and further long term tributes to his name will I am sure follow.

What a sad day for AFL and Australia. Grew up watching Jim Stynes play the game and today brings back memories. I think a fiting tribute would be not a minutes silence at every gound in round 1 but a celebration by playing the Melbourne theme song at every ground before each game and all supporters of the game to sing along to his beloved Melbourne Demons song no matter who you support. Jim Stynes truely crossed club boarders when it came to the sport and further long term tributes to his name will I am sure follow.

not too sure you'll get other fans singing the Melbourne club song mate. sad news, what a great guy he was.

Rest in Peace Jim Stynes. It's a sad day when you lose someone close to you. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends and anyone else who loved him. The AFL have lost one of the greatest personalities of the game that may never be replaced

For as long as this great game of ours is played, he will be remembered fondly. Mums and Dads, tell your children about the big Irishman and what he achieved in the game and in society. His legacy is immeasurable.

Farewell brave man.

RIP Jim. Didn't have the privilege to see you play but you where one heck of a guy.

Such a sad day. Watched the big Irishman as I grew up and was always so excited getting his sticker for the annual footy book. He always put others first and it is people like this that make the world a better place.

Farewell Jimmy.

Back
Top Bottom