Regal Trading Cards Signing Information

I'm not convinced that it has actually been traced over. Given how erratic his signature is, if it was traced, I would expect to see much more of the original outline, likely square tipped felt pen.

Why would he need to trace is own signature?

Ross
I think you are spot on Ross, he is 74 and has poor health, I'm sure his signing would not be as smooth as you or me signing our names.
Pretty much what I thought as well. You can see it in a lot of signatures from some of the older guys, checkout ex NBA player Robert Parish's autograph he looks like he has the same sort of problems as Graeme.

Thanks for the advice so far guys, still happy to hear from others though I'm not a huge sig collector like many of you on here. i will contact footycards and see what they can do about it. I don't necessarily think it's traced as such almost looks like he signed it with a pen first to see it would fit (especially given what regal has said that he had some issues with spacing) then signed over it (rather then traced) with the marker, granted there are some wobbles but i figure that is down to age as most seem to have this, but when looking at the card in person those markings in the first name seem to be a different texture/ colour more consistent with a pen then a marker compared with the rest of the sig. Hopefully no one else has received a similar problem.
Just curious what number is your card Richard

The guy is now mid 70's and is in poor health because of the accident that happened many years ago. Here is an excerpt from a story done in I think 2009?

Langlands, 68, has been unable to work since the fall, with shoulder and back injuries often leaving him bed-ridden.
He also suffers extreme headaches and friends have become increasingly concerned at his frequent memory lapses. He has been unable to work at his company.

Again, one thing a lot of people dont realise is that a lot of these old players are getting on in age.

Provan had a bad fall and probably wont sign anything again close to what you know his signature looks like and a lot of the other players either through age or even hitting the booze hard gives them the shakes.

As I mentioned above, If Richard isnt happy get in contact with Footycard who he bought it from and im sure they will sort something out.

But people claiming that he has been ripped off and that its "obviously" been traced over is going a bit too far.
Wouldn't you feel like you have been ripped off if you received the same card Matt ?

As a new player on the market, Regal should not have even sent this card in my opinion as i am sure there is still some replacements available.

I don't believe this has anything to do with Langlands age at all.

As Richard has stated, there is two shades of pen been used.

Wouldn't you feel like you have been ripped off if you received the same card Matt ?

As a new player on the market, Regal should not have even sent this card in my opinion as i am sure there is still some replacements available.

I don't believe this has anything to do with Langlands age at all.

As Richard has stated, there is two shades of pen been used.

Ripped off no.

I guess everyone was there at this particular signing to see Langlands switching between all the different pens to come to ths conclusion?

Ripped off no.

I guess everyone was there at this particular signing to see Langlands switching between all the different pens to come to ths conclusion?
So how can the two different shades be explained then ?

I think it is a fair question by @Richard. It's certainly not a knock on Langlands, but looking at it it looks like he's signed in pen, then been asked to sign over it with texta.

Received my cards and generally speaking i think regal have done a great job but there is one exception that I think may only effect my card based on what i have seen but would like to hear more experienced collectors thoughts on this if in my situation what they would do and also give regal a chance to provide an explanation.

It appears as if the card was first signed with a pen then signed with a marker over the top which is disappointing given this is supposed to be a premium card and didn't come cheaply. If you look in the loop of the G in graeme, also a bit on top of the rae and possibly between the g and the l in langlands.

Mate, That is the flick of the pen...
The finer Lumos do that. I've had the same thing happen.... Many times
The Ink in the Lumos runs real wet (But dries pretty quick) It's hard to explain, But the pen does flick out at times when changing direction.
Unfortunate yes... But without having a vested interest, I don't think there is anything untoward here...
Surely they had a better one to get re numbered for you though.

Mate, That is the flick of the pen...
The finer Lumos do that. I've had the same thing happen.... Many times
The Ink in the Lumos runs real wet (But dries pretty quick) It's hard to explain, But the pen does flick out at times when changing direction.
Unfortunate yes... But without having a vested interest, I don't think there is anything untoward here...
Surely they had a better one to get re numbered for you though.

Totally agree about the Lumicolours......had this happen myself. They are the best pen for signatures but do suffer from what you have described.

1. I think it's time for everyone to stop making assumptions, Richard has the card in hand no one else does. He knows what it looks like, we are all looking at scans and tilting our heads sideways to look at them.

2. Don't you think there would be indentations on the card if it was signed in pen first?

3. Those "flicks" could be any number of things, including a loose thread on the pen. I'm sure we have all seen that before where one of threads comes loose. They might just been poor pen control on his behalf.

4. The best thing that Richard can do is take Matt26's advice and contact Footycards. Listening to people whinging here and making up stories is not going to help at all.

5. Who knows - maybe this was card #25 he signed, an elderly, unwell man. You think he'll be signing perfectly?

1. I think it's time for everyone to stop making assumptions, Richard has the card in hand no one else does. He knows what it looks like, we are all looking at scans and tilting our heads sideways to look at them.

2. Don't you think there would be indentations on the card if it was signed in pen first?

3. Those "flicks" could be any number of things, including a loose thread on the pen. I'm sure we have all seen that before where one of threads comes loose. They might just been poor pen control on his behalf.

4. The best thing that Richard can do is take Matt26's advice and contact Footycards. Listening to people whinging here and making up stories is not going to help at all.

5. Who knows - maybe this was card #25 he signed, an elderly, unwell man. You think he'll be signing perfectly?
LOL

Time time stop making assumptions but isn't that what you just did in comments 2, 3 and 5.

I haven't seen anyone whinging or making up stories, we are just commenting on what we can see.

Regals motto is "For The Collector" and as collectors i don't think any of us would be happy with that card.

Ripped off no.

Really Matt i beg to differ if you got this card you would be pissed off just a little.
It is simple the quality control needs to be stepped up so this does not happen again.

I think for the price of these cards purchasers are entitled to a good quality signature regardless of age/health or anything else. Would it have been that hard to sign a larger number of cards, destroy any poor quality signatures and then foil stamp the number onto the remaining 25 cards?

Would it be acceptable for Richard to put his card on ebay and use the image provided by Regal? I don't think so.

What number is the card, the reason I ask is langlands signed 6 cards as g langlands then the rest as Graeme langlands so it would make sense if he tried to see if his name fitted on card when he changed

cards Changa signed for me before xmas absolute champion of a bloke as he was on the field.no complaints from me.
IMG_2826.JPG

I'd be disappointed if mine was like that I'll admit it but it's still a great card signed by an Immortal so it should still be something to be proud of having in your PC. In saying that I would still be asking if I could get it replaced. If they can't do a replacement I'd still be glad I made the purchase

iid be asking for a replacement or my money back does look like it has been traced over but thats just my opinion either way its a crap sig
and i feel for the purchaser

Back
Top Bottom