Ray Allen to Boston

MetallicA'

Ricky Davis Collector
eBay User
senyac1
I dont know why people think this is a bad move, we needed a 2nd Star and we got one. We have plenty of young talent in our lineup already, i finally send praise Ainge's way for coming up big.
Delonte is the one player i didnt want on our roster, he is a wigga and with Rondo i dont think he is needed. Wally has been team Cancer and the only players after 5 that were more interesting than Ray Allen are Wright, Brewer and Yi. Im rapt because we now are going to be a heaps more competitive basketball team. Ray Allen an Paul Pierce both hate to lose and now they are on the same team in the Eastern Conference. Im loving it.

Pg - Rondo, Telfair
Sg - Allen, Allen, Allan LOL and G.Green
SF - Pierce,, Gomes
PF - AL Jefferson
C - Kendrick Perkins

Could do with another good big alongside Big Al though. Im very exciting though to have Ray Allen in Boston. Great work Danny Ainge :D

G Money will be fine! He's still young and Ray Allen is 32... At least Boston now has post and perimeter play! Without having to rely soly on Pierce...

Allan Ray is a PG yer i just wanted to line all three Allen's up on the one line haha

I know Ray Allen is 32 but he still has a few years left him in we have two genuine stars.

Allan/Rondo
Allen/Allen/Green
Pierce/Gomes
Jefferson/Scarbaline
Perkins

I like the move alot, well done Ainge'
WAS very UNEXPECTED!!!

I don't like the move. Ray Allen is a team player but he's old and it depends what perspective you look at.

From a long-term point of view this is good, it gives Gerald Green time to mature because we all know he's going to be an absolute star.

From the short-term point of view I don't think it's a good move because the Boston Celtics needed some help up front for Al Jefferson and really had a chance to address that with the #5 pick (Joakhim Noah, Spencer Hawes, Yi Jianlian etc etc). Ray Allen will give them another scorer, but they will lack defense on the perimeter because of two-big scorers and they lose Delonte who is a terrific defender.

The point guard spot isn't as solid as you guys think either, Rajon Rondo is good, explosive but not proven. Delonte West was easily the best prospect for the point guard spot as he's averaged in double figures consistently over the past two seasons as well as stepped up in clutch moments to take over games and hit big shots.

It's about a 60/40 I'd say.

Jimbo how does it affect us short term. Yer Yi, Wright are good bigs but they will need time to develop. We are going to be far more competitive this year than over the past 2 seasons and the only thing we really need now is help up front but we have another pick or 2.
G.Green and Tony Allen are going to be learning alot from Pierce and Allen so the future looks brighter aswell.
Rondo is a great player and he IMO is a better player than Delonte.

We have a team that could push us to making the finals next season. Al Jefferson is a beast and if Perkins can add more to his game than we will be fine up foward.

Didn't it cost Boston the #5 pick?

If so, can't see that being a positive long-term move.

Jimbo how does it affect us short term. Yer Yi, Wright are good bigs but they will need time to develop. We are going to be far more competitive this year than over the past 2 seasons and the only thing we really need now is help up front but we have another pick or 2.
G.Green and Tony Allen are going to be learning alot from Pierce and Allen so the future looks brighter aswell.
Rondo is a great player and he IMO is a better player than Delonte.

We have a team that could push us to making the finals next season. Al Jefferson is a beast and if Perkins can add more to his game than we will be fine up foward.

It's about 50/5 dude.

Anyway, after second thoughts, especially after seeing Glen Davis drafted to go to Boston, the Celtics will be a force this year.

I'm positive about it because Davis is a big man who doesn't need time to develop.

Although if you had got Brandon Wright he would've given you at least 10 and 7 already in his rookie season.

The positive is that Gerald Green has no pressure to develop now, however it'll be interesting to see who takes up the point position.

I honestly think Delonte West was on the up-and-coming and was easily the best point guard on that roster.

He was solid on both ends of the floor and had leadership beyond his years.

yer and Ray Allen is going to give us 25+ points
It is a good deal for both teams but if something wasnt done like this on our behalf than we would get no were near the top 8 in the EC in 2008.
SIMPLE AS THAT

This just bought 2 years max and set back the franchise once again. A complete disgrace and Ainge should be fired now for relenting to Pierce's demands.

Complete rubbish. Enough to make me and other long term Celts fans sick.

This just bought 2 years max and set back the franchise once again. A complete disgrace and Ainge should be fired now for relenting to Pierce's demands.

Complete rubbish. Enough to make me and other long term Celts fans sick.

I agree.

the one positive is getting Glen Davis down in the low post to play some PF/C though, that way Kendrick and he can split minutes and Al can play 35+ at the PF spot.

However like you said, and like I said in the beginning, terrible move deciding to part ways with Delonte West, (Wally Szcerbiak had to go though) and the #5 pick who could have been Jeff Green, Yi Jianlian, Brandon Wright, Corey Brewer or any of those players.

HATE it HATE it HATE it.

That clear enough?? Pathetic attempt by Ainge to save himself and keep Pierce. Lets now put a trade together and move him now and fire Ainge. And our frontcourt is as weak as American light beer. Even with Baby coming in.

Is making the playoffs and being a chump team in them that important??

I got a sms from Thumbb and nearly punched a hole in a lift wall!

One comment has been right.

Compare Allan Houston's last years to Ray Allens. He hasnt' even been able to play a decent amount of games the last two years.

lets not also forget Al is going to get a contract extension from his rookie one or we risk him becoming a RFA and having to match any offer that puts us over the cap then too.

Absolute bullshit.

i agree, i love Ray, but lets remember hes 32 years old...WEst is VERY UNDERRATED, and Jeff Green is going to be a stud, the one good thing to come out of it is you dumped Wally , but , ainge has stuffed up again

I dont mind it, we have been very ordinary over the past few years and im sick of seeing it. Least when you have to guys on ya team that want to win so bad you'll at least be competitive. It would of been nice to give them Ratliff aswell :p
If we got a draftee than we would of lost Pierce and we would be at the bottom of the ladder for years. I still think we have a bit of good young talent coming up anyway; Gomes, Jefferson, Green, T.Allen and Baby Davis.

We needed another star to help put Paul and we got a player who can flat out shoot the rock. I dont care if he is 32, he still has 2 good years in him anyway.

at 5 The 3 i would of looked at would of been Wright, Yi and Brewer. The only negative is we gave up our chance of getting Brandon Wright but you have to come to expect moves like this with Ainge in charge. Last year we could have Foye and instead we have the crap that is Telfair :mad:

Ill say its a 50-50 trade, it will work well short-term but it could be a disaster for us in the coming years. Its our own fault really anyway, karma is a bitch and when you tank games for half the year to try and get 1 or 2 and dont, you probally dont even deserve a pick.

As a Huge Sonics fam I must say that Ray will be missed sorely.

Boston just gained the best shooter on the planet, I know he's 32 but he's still got 4 good years in him..

On the Other side of the coin Wally is just big bucks on the bench and a waste of space...he becomes our 4th small forward...great.

I've always liked Delonte...He's gonna start straight up...
I must say I don;t know too much about this dude they got with pick 5...hopefully he's a good player

Would have loved Cory Brewer he's a star at both ends...or Brandon Wright he's a Monster...

Sonics won this trade day but at the expense of Ray Ray who now seems destined to retire without jewellery

Back
Top Bottom