Rate the last movie you watched

Oceans 8 - 3/10. the girls blew it this time. just a terrible movie. seems like no thought went into it beyond: 'lets make one with chicks'.
Solo: A Star Wars Story - 6/10. pretty average, but better than the sequels.
Avengers: Infinity War - 6/10. typical marvel flick. would raise my score by 1 or 2 if the ending was real.
A Quiet Place - 6/10. nice idea, but horrible execution. the characters are just too dumb.
Ready Player One - 5/10. some nerdy kids idea of what the world would be like if everyone was into RPGs as much as they were...but theyre not, so its stoopid.
The Catcher Was A Spy - 7/10. interesting biographical of an exceptional mind, average baseball player and war time civilian spy.
TAG - 6/10. pretty funny, but nothing special. about a group of men who have a 30year game of tag going.
Gotti - 6/10. not bad, but not exactly a great mafia movie. does the job tho.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 4/10. i cant believe they doubled down on the militarized dinosaur plot. ultimate killing machines that cant catch a little girl in the same room. so ridiculous...
The Carter Effect - 8/10. vince carter's arrival in toronto and the impact he had on the game/fans.

Last edited:
Oceans 8 - 3/10. the girls blew it this time. just a terrible movie. seems like no thought went into it beyond: 'lets make one with chicks'.
Solo: A Star Wars Story - 6/10. pretty average, but better than the sequels.
Avengers: Infinity War - 6/10. typical marvel flick. would raise my score by 1 or 2 if the ending was real.
A Quiet Place - 6/10. nice idea, but horrible execution. the characters are just too dumb.
Ready Player One - 5/10. some nerdy kids idea of what the world would be like if everyone was into RPGs as much as they were...but theyre not, so its stoopid.
The Catcher Was A Spy - 7/10. interesting biographical of an exceptional mind, average baseball player and war time civilian spy.
TAG - 6/10. pretty funny, but nothing special. about a group of men who have a 30year game of tag going.
Gotti - 6/10. not bad, but not exactly a great mafia movie. does the job tho.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 4/10. i cant believe they doubled down on the militarized dinosaur plot. ultimate killing machines that cant catch a little girl in the same room. so ridiculous...
The Carter Effect - 8/10. vince carter's arrival in toronto and the impact he had on the game/fans.

I seen the trailer for A Quiet Place and thought it looked like a Signs remake. Anything like that?

I seen the trailer for A Quiet Place and thought it looked like a Signs remake. Anything like that?
thats an interesting view. i wouldnt have thought the two were similar, but now that you mention it, there are some plot points that remind me alot of 'signs'.
wont give anything away, but its about aliens with super sensitive hearing that have wiped out most of humanity. the movie follows a family trying to stay alive. meaning there is ALOT of silence, but thats actually one of the things that works well in the film.
but the idea that these aliens could destroy us is ridiculous and the choices the family make are just retarded. usually i dont mind that kind of thing in a horror, but this was painful.
'signs' is the better movie...

Last edited:
thats an interesting view. i wouldnt have thought the two were similar, but now that you mention it, there are some plot points that remind me alot of 'signs'.
wont give anything away, but its about aliens with super sensitive hearing that have wiped out most of humanity. the movie follows a family trying to stay alive. meaning there is ALOT of silence, but thats actually one of the things that works well in the film.
but the idea that these aliens could destroy us is ridiculous and the choices the family make are just retarded. usually i dont mind that kind of thing in a horror, but this was painful.
'signs' is the better movie...

fair enough! I'll give it a chance and see how it goes probably

Super Troopers 2 - 8.5/10

Enjoyed this, worth a few laughs
yeah, pretty funny. made me go back and watch the first one...broken lizard are great. 'beerfest' is classic aswell. but my fave of theirs would be 'club dread'.

Last edited:
Not sure if I rated before, seen many times but maybe I should get my dad to, he hadn't seen Anchorman before so we watched it last Friday while having a few beers......hilarious stuff. Anchorman 2 up this Fri or next!

We've also watched (re-watched) The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - 9.5/10. So good. Ben Stiller is awesome, nice cameo by Sean Penn, Kristen Wiig is sensaaaational. If you need a pick me up, watch it.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 4/10. ultimate killing machines that cant catch a little girl in the same room. so ridiculous..

hahaha this had me LOL. Can't wait to see it.

for me;....
Mission Impossible Fallout. 7/10 More of the same for the franchise with an unbelievable but entirely predictable ending. The intense action sequences make it a very watchable movie.
Before I fall. 4/10 remake of groundhog day for females executed quite poorly.
Rampage: 4/10 entertaining only for the big monsters destroying stuff. would have been better without the Rock.

Extinction - 7/10. pretty good actually. nice twist that still keeps you guessing even after you find out.
MI4 Fallout - 5/10. very ordinary. if you liked the last couple, youll enjoy this also.
First Reformed - 5/10. so boring. had a couple of opportunities to have a good ending, but ultimately it falls flat.
The Equalizer 2 - 6/10. just like the first one. standard action movie.
The Fist Purge - 6/10. not a bad installment, but nothing special either.
Skyscraper - 5/10. the rock is everywhere at the minute, but it seems like he'll be in anything. ridiculous plot, but good enough.
The Spy Who Dumped Me - 5/10. not sure why i watched this. cant stand kate mckinnon and this movie didnt help her cause.
More Than A Game: The Story of The World Cup - 8/10. great series documenting the 8 (as of 2006) winners of the comp and what the game means to those countries.

Going through a lot of older movies at the moment as I started doing a semi-regular movie & beers night with the oldies so it's been fun lol just hit them with Ted last week and got Ted2 coming up soon, a lot of stuff mainly they haven't watched but sometimes me either.

Back
Top Bottom