Rate the last movie you watched

3/10 - Star Wars The Last Jedi

Saw this today and dissapointed was an understatement

Huge star wars fan and outside of a couple of bits I really struggled with this one.

I really liked VII and maybe set my hopes too high, didnt really seem to flow with the rest of the series.... even I II III
Just walked in the door from the cinema, and I'm so glad to see that it wasn't just me. First time ever, I contemplated leaving before it finished. Utterly disappointing.

George Best: All By Himself (ESPN 30for30) - 7/10. pretty good, but was hoping for more football. its kinda all about his alcoholism.
Murder on the Orient Express - 5/10. not bad, but the ending really ruins the entire thing. one of the biggest cop outs of an ending ive ever seen...
Amercian Made - 5/10. really didnt like the way the story was told. and tom cruise is no drug runner...
Blade Runner 2049 - 6/10. as far as nostalgic sequels go, its actually alright. nothing special, but entertaining enough.
Jigsaw - 5/10. im a fan of the series, but this was just unnecessary. boring and predictable.
Daddy's Home 2 - 6/10. more of the same. if you liked the first one, you should enjoy this. not great, but has its moments.
Suburbicon - 5/10. proof that the cohen brothers need to direct their scripts. clooney tries to emulate the style, but falls way short.
Mudbound - 7/10. well shot, good script, nice acting. it all comes together very well.
Goon 2 - 4/10. lame attempt at a sequel that stripped away all the greatness of the first movie.
Baby Driver - 6/10. neat soundtrack. other than that...pretty ordinary.
It - 5/10. meh. never got the attraction of the original either tho so it might just be me.
American Vandal - 8/10. a netflix parody of 'making a murderer', about a high school kid being set up (maybe) as the fall guy for some vandalism. very funny.
Celtics/Lakers: Best of Enemies (ESPN 30for30) - 9/10. youve seen it all before, but its still awesome. mainly follows the bird/magic years.

Star Wars: Episode VIII - 4/10. disney has turned the franchise into an action/comedy. everyone's trying to be the witty/funny han solo character...the prequels will end up being more appreciated than this current trilogy, which is saying something.
Downsizing - 7/10. so many things wrong with the concept, but i enjoyed it anyway. pretty funny overall.
Bright - 5/10. i like fantasy. i like buddy cop films. but this just didnt work for me.
I, Tonya - 8/10. the tonya harding incident shown as the comedy its always been.
Jumanji: Welcome to The Jungle - 6/10. kinda cheesy, but not as bad as i thought it would be. good fun.
Mother! - 5/10. just a muddled allegory that couldnt pick a religion to base itself on. be warned: theres some pretty disturbing moments.
Dunkirk - 5/10. big fan of chris nolan. even when his stories are flawed (e.g. inception or interstellar), he seems to capture me through his imagery and scores. not this time. mediocre telling of the evacuation at dunkirk.
The Dark Tower - 5/10. was looking forward to this, but theyve butchered the books. yet another stephen king story that fails to cross over to film.

Last edited:
Interested to what people have as top 10 movies of 2017. Seen a movie critics list and it was pretty ridiculous. Then you read the replies.....always a mistake...people were like, “you forgot Mother!”etc etc lol

Interested to what people have as top 10 movies of 2017. Seen a movie critics list and it was pretty ridiculous. Then you read the replies.....always a mistake...people were like, “you forgot Mother!”etc etc lol
even if i could think of ten movies good enough to make a 2017 list, mother! would be no where near it...it really is just a pretentious mess.
doco's would probably make up half my list. as for films? 'mudbound', 'detroit' & 'the big sick' would be on it. 'i, tonya' could maybe make it. 'kong' aswell, but now im already starting to scrape the barrell. 'logan' could get in, merely for the fact it marks the end of the wolverine story lines...

Watched jumanji today, like sgt said "was good fun"
Laughed quite a bit actually

had a 'classic' movie marathon over the holidays. seen them all before, but thats why theyre classics...

reservoir dogs - 9/10 - classic tarantino. a budget film that blows most big productions out of the water.
trainspotting - 9/10 - funny, disturbing, emotional...what else do you want?
goodfellas - 9/10 - one of the better mafia movies around and ray liotta's best performance.
any given sunday - 9/10 - top 3 sports movies of all time. the on field camera work is very engrossing.
full metal jacket - 9/10 - my 2nd favorite kubrick film, and the best war movie going.
se7en (seven) - 9/10 - great story, great acting, amazing ending.
the usual suspects - 9/10 - one of the greatest twist endings ever...
american history X - 9/10 - edward norton as amazing as ever.
12 monkeys - 9/10 - its got a weird vibe to it, but it all comes together brilliantly.
american beauty - 9/10 - appreciate it even more now that im older.

Last edited:
I tend not to watch movies til I own them so Kingsman Golden Circle was a holiday watch.
I enjoyed it, I think as far as a sequel goes it was almost as good as the first. If you liked the first you will like it. 6.5-7/10
Will never look at a burger the same way!
I watched Bright on netflix and was pleasantly surprised. Expected absolutely nothing from it as IMO Will Smith was only any good as the Fresh Prince and he did well as Ali.. but definitely watchable. 5 maaaaybe 6/10 probably marginally better than average but given I expected nothing 6 is pretty good.

Just walked in the door from the cinema, and I'm so glad to see that it wasn't just me. First time ever, I contemplated leaving before it finished. Utterly disappointing.
Let's be honest about star wars.... after what people my age know as the original 3 (Star Wars/Empire/Return) the rest have all sucked.
Oooh I know it's taboo to slam star wars but hey it is what it is. For me anything since has been hot trash. The advancement in technology has just made it worse. I left 2 of the newer star wars films before they ended. But hey I also hated all LOTR and Harry Pothead films so clearly fantasy/sci fi is not my bag and I may have the attitude of a grumpy person 20 yrs older than my age.Haha
The annoyance for me is you have to watch them in hope they get one right. Thus far they haven't but I am sure they'll pump them out like Adam Sandler films for the next decade.

three billboards outside ebbing, missouri - 8/10. i really enjoyed it. dark comedy with a cohen brothers feel to it. maybe even worth a 9/10...
wonder wheel - 6/10. if you like woody allen, it might be worth watching, but its his worst effort in a while i think. winslett (who i usually dont rate) is the only performance worth mentioning. nice imagery tho.
the greatest showman - 2/10. went in blind, so wasnt sure what to expect and im sure itll have its fans, but i definitely dont get it. the music seems so generic and pointless and looong.
the disaster artist - 8/10. even if you havent seen 'the room', this is an enjoyable/hilarious look into the making of it. and if you like movies so bad, theyre good and havent seen 'the room', i would highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom