Rate the last movie you watched

Lucky Number Slevin - 7.5/10

Top shelf cast and it really delivers. Had never heard of this movie going in but it didn't disappoint.
Got a couple of spare hours and a fan of, Morgan Freeman, Josh Hartnett, Ben Kingsley, Bruce Willis etc then give this a look.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425210/

Lucky Number Slevin - 7.5/10

Top shelf cast and it really delivers. Had never heard of this movie going in but it didn't disappoint.
Got a couple of spare hours and a fan of, Morgan Freeman, Josh Hartnett, Ben Kingsley, Bruce Willis etc then give this a look.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425210/

Never heard of either! suprprising given the cast!

Never heard of either! suprprising given the cast!
'lucky number slevin' never got a national release in australia, which is why its kind of unkown.
Is that another name for this movie? If so never heard of that either.
yes, here it was called 'the wrong man'.
good movie. sort of reminds of 'payback' with mel gibson...

polka king - 7/10. true story of an inadvertent (sort of) ponzi scheme. i found it funny enough, but i dont mind jack black so...
all the money in the world - 6/10. all about the getty empire. kinda boring for a kidnap movie.
the post - 5/10. meh. content was interesting enough and all the boxes get ticked, but the film just seems to drag. not really a fan of streep, but hanks does well...as usual.
battle of the sexes - 7/10. couldve done with more focus on the actual match opposed to billie jean's personal 'affairs'. but its a good story overall.
molly's game - 6/10. not sure this needed a movie. itll help if you like poker...

victor crowley - 6/10. not as good as the first two, but an alright addition to the franchise.
super - 8/10. a rewatch, since its probably my favorite super-hero movie. violent & hilarious, with a great cast and cool story.

hostiles - 5/10. was looking forward to this, but it was just plain boring. not shot very well and not enough happening. bale does well, but nowhere near enough to save the film.
a futile and stupid gesture - 7/10. really funny, even if youre not into national lampoons.
mom and dad - 6/10. weird 'horror' movie. not sure if i liked it or it was just different.
when we first met - 6/10. standard 'groundhog day' kinda film. funny, but predictable.

Last edited:
The Commuter 4.5/10
Taken on a train. Watchable
Liam Neeson is Jason Statham for pensioners

Deadpool 2 6.5/10
Deadpool...again. You know what you're in for.
Still cracks me up though

A Quiet Place 7/10
For a film with next to no words I enjoyed this a lot.
Clever movie that is pretty engaging from start to finish.

Also a series on Netflix called Safe. I have watched 4/6 episodes and about to watch eps 5&6 pretty good so far. I never watched Dexter but the main guy from that is in this. Can't believe he's not actually English!!
Lots of little sub plots and much dysfunction.
Revolves around happenings in a gated community in England when a surgeons daughter goes missing.
Has had a bit of everything so far. If you have Netflix and wanna give something a go this may be for you.
I don't do series as I have the attention span of a goldfish... But my wife and I watched 4 episodes back to back last night. Can't be that bad eh?

Black Panther - 7.5-8/10

Enjoyable enough action ride, exactly what we expect from the Marvel movies.
Just didn't do enough to earn a higher rating and probably won't watch again .

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/

Yeah I didn't think much of this one at all and agree I wouldn't watch it again. I'd give it 6/10 slightly better than "meh" for me. But I would watch the Ironman movies over and again so take that into account hahaha

Black Panther 6/10. Didnt see what all the fuss what about. Definitely will not watch again

Peter Rabbit 10/10. Best movie i have seen this year and ive watched heaps funny and interesting all the way through. Even the 12 Y.O enjoyed it once convinced him to watch it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom