Rarest cricket insert EVER made!!

bjs127

Cricket card fanatic
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
bjs127
Well guys, I can say I have just landed a VERY big fish!

I've been searching for this white whale ever since it came out at the end of 1996. I have only ever seen 1 unredeemed one, but on this fine evening I would like to take the pleasure of unveiling to all of you the rarest cricket insert card ever released into a packet in the history of Australian cricket cards....

.......the 1996/97 Futera Decider Impact Card - #0006/25!!!!!!! :D

It redeems every First Day Issue (FDI) insert card - all 5 Platinum Steve Waugh embossed cards, all 6 Run Machines, all 9 Frontliners cards, and all 3 oversized box cards......and all #0006!!

And in case you were wondering - odds of pulling one of these Impact Cards were 1:5760 packs!!!

No sigs unfortunately - in case you were wondering, the 5 Steve Waugh signature cards from the Decider series were released in the retail Decider boxes only and not in the FDI Decider boxes.

We all hate Select for keeping #001 card of every numbered insert......well back when Futera were operating they always kept the first FIVE cards!! How dare they!!! This meant the lowest insert card you could ever pull was number 0006 (Futera always foil numbered their inserts as if they were out of 1000 for some reason). Well here is #0006!! :kick:

Enjoy the pics!! :thumbsup:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Simply bloody amazing Brad :worthy: Congratulations mate:thumbsup: Never seen one of those impact cards not even as a sample or promo...

Congrats man! Thats REALLY impressive!! Massive thumbs up!! Whats the value if you dont mind me asking?????

im so glad i got back into collecting about 4 years ago after an 8 year lay off. ive seen some amazing cards in the last 4 years. this is easily the best non-signature card/set ive seen. well done brad

I think I speak on behalf of all of us when I say bugger off!:p hahahahahaha

Congrats, Brad - to quote Tony Greig from his dodgy 80's tv commercial, "Get the Lion on the line"....and insure those bloody cards mate!!:)

Yes Slob, card was already redeemed. This was Futera's last cricket release before they went under so not a lot of this product made it in time to be redeemed - I would say out of the 25 redemptions maybe only 10-15 were redeemed??? Card Zone still have a fair number of unopened boxes.

Seller was offloading a chunk of his collection........and I was the lucky recipient!

Here is a pic of the only other one I have seen (unredeemed):

1997 decider impact card.jpg

hellobjs127. at this time i am a newbie and are trying my best to find my way around this site. I was researching the futera impact card and found your pic. the reason for my search is that i have this actual card in my collection. MY card is also number 18 and i was quite surprised to see the same card on this site. this seems a mystery but when futera in australia folded this too was a mystery. i was lucky enough to redeem my card.I recieved all the inserts yet never recieved the 3 large box cards yet as i understand these 3 cards were not numbered and are readily available. This card i agree is extremely rare and i feel honoured to have it as a part of my collection. I am now considering to complete this whole set as i dont feel it would be complete with out the rest of of it. I realise this would be a big as finacially as the autographed steve waughs are at a premium price and deservidly so. Upon completion of aquiring all of the remaining cards i will be extremely satisfied. I also have no 498 of the mark waugh premier batsman, the shane warne cash card no 146 and one david boon aus test achievements. I have been collecting cards for sometime now yet after getting married my money goes elsewhere yet from time to time i sneak a few packs here and there when the missess is not looking. i miss the thrill of opening a box of cards, yet even better when you pull a nice card from just a few packs. I will endeavour soon to supply pics to further arouse both our suspicions of the same card of rarity appearing twice. I also have other insert collections to complete and have good cards to swap or maybe sell. Look forward to your reply.

Brad has number 6 set redeemed, number 18 was the only other one he has seen unredeemed...

Back
Top Bottom