Qld Card Shows

i lived on the coast few years ago, back then there was a trading card shed at the carrara markets on the weekends. wasnt collecting back then, so i dont know how good they are.

90/91 FLEER Basketball wax box $70... rip off, always stick my head in when Im there as I live around the corner and I almost choked when I saw that... to be fair he doesn't seem to keep up with the hobby, only has a few boxes and the packs are at least a cpl of years old if not more....

It would be really good to see how much "firm" interest there is in having a card fair in Brisbane.

Why i say that is because i am pretty sure that i could get the premises ( a licensed leagues club that could do with the bar trade, not that i am suggesting that you have to buy any liqour, i just happen to be affiliated with this club) and it is centrally located and easy to get to.
I would have to ask that at least 1 other person assist fully in trying to organise this as it is common that many people drop out as the official date approachs.

Just putting this out there if there is "definite" interest and attendance.

As you can see, i am willing to put myself forward to have a go, but it always depends on attendance.

You could pm me for any real assistance and info on location.

Just a few points of interest before any asks!

_ This a licensed premises so anyone under 18 would have to be accompanied by an adult!

_ Food would have to be BYO as the canteen would not be operational as attendance numbers would not be available.

- I am suggesting a donation at the door of approx $2(?) to cover advertising(ebay which i am looking into) other forums that i belong to and any suggestions are welcome taking into account the cost.

_ I am aware that other members have contacts such as dealers or ex-dealers and belong to other trading card sites and forums so the more we put into making a success out of this can only be of benefit to the wider collecting community of QLD for something we have been lacking for years practically due to lack of attendance.

- If there is very little definite attendance/assistance from this site then once again we go to the old adage of " i wish we had a card fair in Brisbane" and nothing will ever eventuate and i wont be attempting to organise something like this just for 5 - 10 people to show up.

- Many hands make light work, so i suggest we " have a go" for once and see the results speak for themselves.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

I am only trying to line up the actual venue and interest so i would not profit by any means whatsoever so it does remain in the hands of us collectors to provide a situation that we are happy to attend and make a go of!

I reckon if we got a few card shops to jump on board to come we should do well. If we get enough notice out there. Please we need a card show here. I'm thinking of flying down for one in sydney next year so at least i can stop getting ripped off on ebay

If someone can start these shows again in brisbane it would be awesome. I know there is 2 card shops on the sunshine coast. One called today's collectables and the other called Card House.

That's the only ones that i have found in brisbane.

sunshine coast isnt brisbane?! theres a shop in nundah called fast-break. theyre a rip-off for boxes of NBA, but solid for supplies (pages, sleeves, magentics etc) and cricket/league boxes. pretty sure its the only one in actual brisbane.

I can confirm that i am able to get the premises to hold some type of CARD FAIR/SHOW.

EASTS MT GRAVATT LEAGUES(Tones Rd Mansfield) is available and all they get is the bar trade. Their is room for at least 15-20 tables for dealers or sellers and their is ample car parking.
If anybody has ideas on dates, january or february, either a Saturday or Sunday, would be the earliest as december is well gone now and moreso if you know some dealers or sellers that you would like me to contact to be involved then pm me.

any other ideas are most welcome

sunshine coast isnt brisbane?! theres a shop in nundah called fast-break. theyre a rip-off for boxes of NBA, but solid for supplies (pages, sleeves, magentics etc) and cricket/league boxes. pretty sure its the only one in actual brisbane.

I remember they used to have a store in the valley near the train station. Many many years ago.

---------- Post added 14-12-2011 at 11:07 AM ----------

Hi Carter,

I am keen to be involved in this. What about timing it to hold it when next year series is released in early March?

Cheers Glenn

Would be great for march as that's when the new boxes of nrl and afl are released.

I have had some great responses for assistance and attendance so far, thanks to you guys for putting your hands up.
Obviously we could do with more participation to make this show/fair a real goer.

Looking for a few more dealers and/or sellers to take up some tables!

Thanks again to those that have replied!

Hi guys, i'm new the forum so i just saw this thread. I live in Mount Gravatt (at least for another month or two) and whilst i am just getting back into collecting and i don't have any cards to sell etc. i would be happy to lend a hand setting up or something if i am available once a date is decided. Would definitely be keen to come along and probably buy a few things too anyway.

Hi All,
Just checking if any further had developed re this show. I operate The Gameday Shop on ebay and sell NRL and AFL .Would be interested in getting involved as I am just down in the Tweed Area. If Whoever is in charge can send me an email with more details that would be great. March sound like a perfect time with the start of the 2012 NRL and AFL Product seasons.

Thanks in Advance

Peter

You are more than welcome to be a major participant of this Peter so welcome aboard.

With a ton of help from Dave(tke35bne) things seem to be progressing quite well with great response from a lot of people on OCT so thanks to everyone that is available to participate and attend. The aim is March 4 or 11.
I will keep this site updated when i can confirm some more particulars.

Back
Top Bottom