Qld Card Shows

Hey everybody

I have decided to postpone the card show that i was organising due to the fact that Select wont be releasing the 2012 cards until late March and i could only get the club premises prior to the junior and senior rugby league season starting as the premises are used both saturday and sunday during the season and i also coach so i would not be available on sundays.

I wanted the 1st card show we have up here in several years to be the best possible attraction not just for the members here but also for the public and i believe that interest would have be waning unless we had the 2012 release as the showcase.

I would like to thank Dave and Glenn for all their support and others members who were going to take up tables and also those that were going to attend.
By saying this though, if anyone can get premises, and i believe using the 2012 Select release would be the timing factor to draw the best possible attendance, i would no doubt offer any assistance to making this actually happen.

Hey all

I will be attempting to make this happen at the same venue in April after Select release the 2012 cards.

The sooner we find out that release date the wheels will once again be in motion.

School holidays are in april ?????

Ideas are still welcome

Hey Peter and everybody else.

I really am waiting for the official release date and also to find out when the dealers expect to have their stock in their hands.

Hey everyone once again!

I am still willing to put on the Brisbane Card Show at the leagues club in Mansfield once i know the official release date from Select. As i have previously stated the major drawcard for this Show is the new release cards. The primary factor is the dealers actually having the stock in their hands or very near to, so i aim to set a date 2 weeks prior to their stock arriving, so they have 2 weeks after they have arrived to sort them out giving us a 4 week timeframe for advertising in the various target areas. I hope that made sense. So it still does look like late April.

I hope everybody that was going to take up a table previously are still interested in doing so as i hope we can get a good public attendance.

We could do with a few more tables being used by members here or anyone that you know that may be interested in doing so, i do have 1 guy solely interested in showcasing his collection of NRL which sounds fascinating, so the more involved the better.
I will be contacting the interested parties in the coming weeks so we know where we all stand.

Thanks

Hey All

I am pleased to announce that the 'Brisbane Card Show 2012' will take place on Saturday 14th April at the Easts Mt Gravatt Leagues Club, Tones Rd Mansfield 10am - 2pm Free Admission Canteen facilities available.

Thanks to everyone that i have contacted and to those that Dave (tak35bne) will be in contact with, for their support in making this event happen.

It is now up to all of us to get the public and collecting community to attend and i am very confident that we will make this very successful.

I will make a 'flyer' in coming days for everyone to peruse and let me know there opinions.

Advertising here we come. Keep an eye out for us everyone!

Back
Top Bottom